Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sent an email about new interior trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with the cream and new oak prefer the old darker wood? I am not sure that I like the new oak and wondering if I should see if I can upgrade to the carbon. BTW, June delivery

My test drive Model X had the cream interior with carbon fiber. In my opinion, the combo didn't look good together. You may want to see it in person before you make the switch.

i honestly think this is just a little change to keep sales #'s up before the truly re-designed S & X hit the market either at the end of June or sometime in Q3...

Why would they bother with this IF a totally re-designed interior was coming along in that sort of timescale? More like an update to keep the interior looking "current" for another year or two.

I would love to retrofit that graphite trim...
I'll be doing a retrofit eventually. It was the difficulty of making the buttons on the MCU side that kept me from doing it myself before now.

I doubt it will be realistic to retrofit it with parts directly from Tesla as most of the trim is sold a part of a much larger assembly. I will probably just vinyl wrap it in the end.
I'll be looking to ditch my silver trimmed carbon fiber for graphite and black wood at some point, maybe when the MCU2 retrofit is possible. I think vinyl wrapping the aluminum would be a lot of trouble.

As Batman said, "I only drive in black and sometimes very, very dark graphite".

I'll be doing a retrofit eventually. It was the difficulty of making the buttons on the MCU side that kept me from doing it myself before now.

I'll be looking to ditch my silver trimmed carbon fiber for graphite and black wood at some point, maybe when the MCU2 retrofit is possible. I think vinyl wrapping the aluminum would be a lot of trouble.

As Batman said, "I only drive in black and sometimes very, very dark graphite".
The biggest problem will be the dash trim. It does not come off of dashboard.

The more I think about it, I think the silver trim looks better with the white interior since it's already a bit too dark inside with the dark headliner and wood

Wow! That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say the ultra-white interior looks a bit too dark, lol. Seriously though, I know what you mean. When you actually sit in it, a lot of the white is out of sight.

Wow! That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say the ultra-white interior looks a bit too dark, lol. Seriously though, I know what you mean. When you actually sit in it, a lot of the white is out of sight.
Yeah. Like looking in it's super bright but especially if you're in the back it's a bit dim. We have an X so the front is plenty bright with the windshield and white dash panels

And here is the one I got for the new Cream/Oak Interior....."We wanted to let you know that your Model X order has been upgraded. The Cream Interior in your car will now be paired with our new Oak Décor to complement its refined, modern aesthetic. In addition, the silver interior trim throughout your cabin has been updated with our new graphite finish."
960x480-LHD-Model_X_Cream_Oak.jpg

"Since your Model X was configured before we introduced this interior update, your order has already been upgraded and there is no action required on your end."

This looks SUPER SWEET!!!

Got this yesterday to show the change to cream/carbon/graphite. It is a Model S so the floor mats are cream too.

When I ordered I saw both cream/dark wood and cream/carbon. I didn't like the wood. Then again I don't particularly like wood is cars. That said, I think the oak looks more modern than the dark wood.

Attachments

• MS_Cream_Carbon.jpg
    MS_Cream_Carbon.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 181