Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sent an email about new interior trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
where can we find the same picture as the ORP with old design? Tesla site don't have pictures in that angle

I posted this in the other thread... Here's a picture from my Order Confirmation in March (top), vs. the current configurator on Tesla's website (bottom).

Attachments

• TeslaTrimCompare.jpg
    TeslaTrimCompare.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 235
i honestly think this is just a little change to keep sales #'s up before the truly re-designed S & X hit the market either at the end of June or sometime in Q3...
Tesla has been fairly consistent with incremental updates to the interior trim. I don't think that there are many pieces of the current Model S interior that are still the same as they were on the 2012 model. The X has not has as many changes, but it also has no been available as long either.

In general, i like brightwork and feel as if it looks a bit less luxurious in the photos. On the other hand, the "silver" trim in Model S is very soft and has accumulated a number of little dings over the years. So, I hope the new material is also more resistant to dents. That would make it worthwhile.
i took delivery of my car with dings in the silver trim...it was a DEMO car so i looked past it.

Reactions: PrGrPa
In general, i like brightwork and feel as if it looks a bit less luxurious in the photos. On the other hand, the "silver" trim in Model S is very soft and has accumulated a number of little dings over the years. So, I hope the new material is also more resistant to dents. That would make it worthwhile.
I doubt it's a new material and any more damage resistant — just a new finish.

Reactions: Peteybabes
the "silver" trim in Model S is very soft and has accumulated a number of little dings over the years.

Yes. The silver trim is just a bit stronger than aluminium foil.

Tesla replaced the trim that was dented on my driver's door as a courtesy - no idea how that ding got there. On the passenger side, a "friend" let go of their seatbelt when unbuckling instead of guiding it back to a resting position and the metal part left a nice dent on the trim just below the B pillar.

I would have to imagine this change is at least partially meant to improve the durability of the trim pieces.

Reactions: David29
Hold on here!!! They took away the accent material off the inside door panel? Before this change the wood, carbon fiber etc wrapped around from the front dash to the sides of the door. That's not cool if this is the case, first they take the velvet like material off the dash and now the accent trim off the door panels? What is going on with the Model X, are they making the door panels Like the Model S to save money and time?

Lets hope the pictures they are sending out are generic showing the Model S. The notice I received with the attached picture has no trim accent on the door of my newly ordered model X.

Here is my notice pasted below, look how the door panel accent is gone.

We wanted to let you know that your Model X order has been upgraded: the silver interior trim throughout your cabin has been updated with our new graphite finish.
960x480-LHD-Model_X_White_Dark_Ash.jpg

Since your Model X was configured before we introduced this interior update, your order has already been upgraded and there is no action required on your end.

If you have any questions about your order, contact us at (888) 518‑3752.

• Love
Reactions: Mrcook4590
Hold on here!!! They took away the accent material off the inside door panel? Before this change the wood, carbon fiber etc wrapped around from the front dash to the sides of the door. That's not cool if this is the case, first they take the velvet like material off the dash and now the accent trim off the door panels? What is going on with the Model X, are they making the door panels Like the Model S to save money and time?

Lets hope the pictures they are sending out are generic showing the Model S. The notice I received with the attached picture has no trim accent on the door of my newly ordered model X.

We wanted to let you know that your Model X order has been upgraded: the silver interior trim throughout your cabin has been updated with our new graphite finish.

Since your Model X was configured before we introduced this interior update, your order has already been upgraded and there is no action required on your end.

Very good observation!

I order my Apple MacBooks in Silver and my trim reminds me a lot of that on my S and X, now this is just my opinion but this looks like a space grey and I’m not a fan. My Tesla’s are like a fine wine getting better with age!

Alcantara dash, Ventilated seats, and now silver trim I’m doing better with every refresh!

That's an S. The X does not have the upholstered panel on the B pillar.