Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service appointment mysteriously canceled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a 6 hour drive from the Seattle/Bellevue service center, due to my schedule I had planned 6 weeks in advance to find a time that worked to bring it in. I scheduled online and confirmed with the rep with additional problems and every few days checked my app and saw the appointment. I had received quotes for certain work to have insurance cut checks, budgeted time, booked a hotel and taken time off work. Today I see it is no longer scheduled with no explanation or email why it was removed.

Needless to say I am furious due to the inconveniences this poses now and a continuation of problems needing addressed. The time slot is gone, and I won't be able to schedule something until closer to summer. I have never felt so left out in the cold by a company with no explanation or lack of commitment to a resolution. The worst part is I have no idea of where to go from here as I am told I'm pretty much out of luck. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I had something similar happen recently. I made an appointment online (to take it in to Bellevue service), verified it showed in my app, etc. Then after a week or so, it suddenly disappeared.

Two days later, the mobile service group contacted me to say that rather than me bring it in 3 weeks from now, they could come to me next week. That's great, really - but it would have been nice to get that email BEFORE the appointment disappeared.

Elon's new plan? Make service such a miserable experience only people who really need it (i.e. cannot drive their cars) will fight through the scheduling and long service times - it will save Tesla money in a short term, less services to perform so scaling of infrastructure needed. This wouldn't be out of inline with other less than ethical business moves Tesla's been doing lately, cutting employee compensation to make them leave so they don't have to pay severance, making ridiculous arguments how NY state should classify Tesla superchargers as "accessible by everyone" because "anyone can walk to it" and therefore classify them as a public charger available to anyone (they are trying to avoid doing what they did in Europe and support non-proprietary charging standards like CSS).

One of our Tesla's is coming up on 4 years. I am debating hard whether to schedule annual service to see if anything needs replacement under warranty, however:
  1. It seems I might not even get in before May, which is when the warranty ends. Does Tesla honor warranty past the expiry if they were the ones who pushed the service date beyond warranty time?
  2. Given how swamped they are, I am not leaving my car there without a loaner. If I'm paying for $750 service, I want a loaner in case it takes them weeks to complete as some members have been reporting. Last couple of times, all the loaners were gone by the time I arrive to drop my car off, so it's likely that even if my appointment is not cancelled, I will not be able to leave my car with them.
  3. Given how swamped they are, they are pushing off scheduled maintenance like replacing DU fluids to "it's ok, just do it next time". This makes me think the multi-point inspection is likely not that thorough, if even complete.
I can replace my own cabin filter, fob batteries, and wiper fluid, and have tires replaced at a local tire store. It would be cheaper too, and more convenient since I would not have to drive as far to the service center or make an appointment weeks in advance. I am starting to lean towards just skipping the service on both cars now.

*sigh* Tesla used to me my favorite car company. The sad part is, I will likely end up giving my business to the diesel-gate offenders, by switching to e-tron and/or Taycan. For all the work Tesla has done to further the EV cause, they might end up failing due to taking too many risks (like investing resources into auto-pilot/full self driving). I know Elon is a high-risk taker, this is what made him successful so far, but he's starting to remind me of one of those high roller gamblers who "run hot" for a while, but eventually statistics catch up with them and they fail. :(

I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I was scheduled to bring in my car to the Costa Mesa Service Center on April 7 and yesterday it just randomly disappeared from the app. I called the service center and they said it looked like I canceled it. So frustrating. Now I have to wait another month fro the next free appointment time.

• Disagree
Reactions: hcdavis3
[QUOTE="tgfeller, post: 3450960, member: 73806"...The worst part is I have no idea of where to go from here as I am told I'm pretty much out of luck. Has anyone else experienced this?[/QUOTE]

That is terrible.

Regarding your question. I have never heard or experienced this

One option might be a service at your home or office if the problem is appropriate. I used mobile service for my last issue, alignment of charge port door, and it was great. The guy fixed the car in my garage.

I also had this exact same thing happen to me.

Scheduled an appointment at the Seattle SoDo SC for a new rim and swap. I scheduled it online and called the SC to make sure they saw I needed to order a part (the rim.)

On Thursday of last week I saw the appointment had disappeared. Calling the SC in seattle and Bellevue went to their full mailboxes. Went down to SoDo in person and my rim was there and they said I had an appointment with no date.

I paid for the rim and left pretty angry.

I can't even get them to email any more. I've had a defective ECU for months. They tried to fix it a couple of times using mobile service, but now appear to have given up. Since this is a safety feature (my blind spot "monitors" will stop working -- camera and ECU can't communicate), it's astonishing. I finally cc'd the IL AG office.

No other car manufacturer would fail promptly and easily to schedule a warranty repair. And of course, you'd get the same brand loaner without having to beg.

I'm tempted to ditch the X and get an E-tron asap. I'll rent a Tesla for road trips, if possible and/or necessary.