Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Centers new minor body work offerings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I was replacing:

Rear%20bumper%20damage%201.JPG

Rear%20bumper%20damage%202.JPG

Rear%20bumper%20damage%203.JPG

Here is the old bumper removed:

Bumper%20off.JPG

And the new bumper installed:

New%20bumper%20on.JPG

I had the same thing happen to me. I went to an approved Tesla body shop but they have been pretty poor with communication. I am considering using the Service center like you did. How did the process work for you? Did you have to send pics of your bumper after you made a reservation?

Since you got rear ended, I assume it was the other driver who was at fault. What was the process to get the other insurance company to pay for the rear bumper since I assume the Tesla Service Center is not on their list of approved body shops?

Sorry for the noob questions. This is my first car and I have never had to deal with insurance or rear end accidents before.

Since you got rear ended, I assume it was the other driver who was at fault. What was the process to get the other insurance company to pay for the rear bumper since I assume the Tesla Service Center is not on their list of approved body shops?

When the "other" insurance company is paying, you are under no obligation to use their approved shops. That only comes into play when your insurance company is paying to fix your car. The tesla service center is perfectly capable of providing an insurance estimate for the repair, just like any other body shop would.

I had the same thing happen to me. I went to an approved Tesla body shop but they have been pretty poor with communication. I am considering using the Service center like you did. How did the process work for you? Did you have to send pics of your bumper after you made a reservation?

Sorry for the noob questions. This is my first car and I have never had to deal with insurance or rear end accidents before.
I simply told the insurance adjuster that I would like the settlement check sent to me. I ended up with three checks in this incident, one for the initial estimate (what the adjuster could see with the car assembled), one for the aftermarket parts that were damaged (the trunk closer handle and the paint protection film), and finally a third check for the hidden damage under the bumper cover. Since I knew that there was going to be more than what the adjuster could see from the outside, I went ahead and scheduled a second review by the adjuster when I could have the bumper cover off. They came by, looked at the parts that were damaged under the bumper cover and then cut another check for those parts (and labor). You are under no obligation to use any specific body shop (or one at all in my case).

I simply told the insurance adjuster that I would like the settlement check sent to me. I ended up with three checks in this incident, one for the initial estimate (what the adjuster could see with the car assembled), one for the aftermarket parts that were damaged (the trunk closer handle and the paint protection film), and finally a third check for the hidden damage under the bumper cover. Since I knew that there was going to be more than what the adjuster could see from the outside, I went ahead and scheduled a second review by the adjuster when I could have the bumper cover off. They came by, looked at the parts that were damaged under the bumper cover and then cut another check for those parts (and labor). You are under no obligation to use any specific body shop (or one at all in my case).
This Guy is a GENIUS!!!!:)