Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shield business practice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tshields I have emailed you five times since early October inquiring about a status update on my orders. I have yet to received a single reply. Your customer service is severely lacking and not becoming of a successful business. Too bad, I had high hopes...
We receive several thousand emails a day we now have team members to help out with the emails. Please give us a call/text on Monday and we will get you sorted out ASAP.

Thanks!
786-838-6897

Moderator Note: While I'm following this thread, I'm not directly responsible for moderating it. That said, this has escalated into personal attacks and trolling, and those are not allowed at TMC. If you are here as a customer of @tshields and want to discuss your experience good or bad, that is absolutely welcome. If you're here simply to incite frustration, that's trolling and is not permissible at TMC. Similarly, vendors have no special privileges when it comes to moderation. So attacking people directly or calling them names is identically treated and considered ad hominem.

Future infractions for any member here (vendor, supporting member, or normal member) may result in account action, and I think it's best for everyone if we avoid that. If you're here for "entertainment," I suggest unsubscribing or at least viewing it read-only. I also suggest reflecting on that behavior.

I've removed a few posts that went well over the line. Please act like we're all in the same room talking to each other and I think everyone will benefit.

My experience with Tesla Shields has been acceptable. While there was a delay in receiving the floor mats, they did arrive and exceed my expectations for my 2021 Model Y Performance. Specifics: Floor/Trunk/Frunk mats ordered Aug 31, 2021. Trunk/Frunk mats arrived Sep 5, 2021. Floor mats arrived Nov 18, 2021. I emailed and called Jason on Nov 15, 2018 for an update. I was concerned because his voicemail was full. However, Jason called me back within an hour and the floor mats were shipped out the same day. Not sure how long it would have taken if I did not contact them. All things considered, I'm happy with the product and glad they arrived before the Minnesota winter sets in.

I've been trying to hold off posting this... but I have to say, I completely agree with the original poster. The customer service is I've experienced is beyond abysmal. I totally understand there are delays, shortages, etc.. and I've been fine with that. I've waited 2 months and I'm even happy to continue to wait due to these logistical issues, however the lack of communication from Tesla Shields is unacceptable.

I've reached out 7 times over the last two months. I received a single response 3 weeks ago saying the order was shipping "this week". I've reached out three times since then, with no response.

I feel I have been extremely patient and lenient, but all I've been asking for is simple communication. The shipment delays and port blockages do not excuse the poor customer service.

I left a text with Jason today and he called me back - I really appreciated his personal call to explain the delays due to the pandemic and the current economic situation. I totally get it - just have to be patient for what looks like to be a phenomenal product!

This is my experience with Tesla Shields. I ordered some mats when I first got my M3 in early September knowing they wouldn't arrive for a while because I texted back and forth with Jason, the founder. What made me get antsy recently was the updates saying the mats were coming and then hearing nothing back. I emailed Tesla Shields and Jason personally called me to give me an update on the issues with items arriving piecemeal. He offered to send me older version mats to keep until the new ones arrived. I got an order confirmation for those so it'll be nice to get something to protect my car while I'm waiting since it's been so long.

I think this is just an issue of overpromising and underdelivering because all the emails were overly optimistic about timing, which has led to a sense of major disappointment. I feel for the small business owner aspect of this because they seem to be new at it but I do think Tesla Shields need to improve upon their messaging and processes. I'm still hopeful the mats will be worth the wait, but I'll report back when I receive them.
Have you received the older versions, if so, how are they?

I have given up hope that my floor mats will arrive. I was able to email and talk with Jason and actually really felt confident that the floor mats might show up. That was over 2 weeks ago now and I was told my order was being prioritized (I had ordered September 5th). My latest emails have gone unanswered and I finally contacted my credit card to dispute the charge. Not only did Tesla Shields not deliver back in September as originally promised, then they made more claims on November 11th to me that turned out not to be true. I finally had to go ahead and order different floor mats before it begins to snow here. I had received the trunk and frunk floor mats as well as the mud flaps. Those pieces arrived pretty early on. I don't doubt there are supply chain issues -- but if you can't fulfill orders you need to communicate and offer refunds instead of continuing to make promises that you can't keep.

I really despise people using the “pandemic” excuse these days...
As far as logistics go, it is a real reason.

Everything is hard to get, containers are hard to even find to ship product, and even if you get your stuff in a container, the ship it is on is likely to sit at any number of ports along the way for up to 2 weeks, at each port.

You may despise the excuse, but when it comes to logistics the "pandemic" or whatever you want to call this current situation we are in, is causing massive ripples that are going to last for at least another year.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and OxBrew
As far as logistics go, it is a real reason.

Everything is hard to get, containers are hard to even find to ship product, and even if you get your stuff in a container, the ship it is on is likely to sit at any number of ports along the way for up to 2 weeks, at each port.

You may despise the excuse, but when it comes to logistics the "pandemic" or whatever you want to call this current situation we are in, is causing massive ripples that are going to last for at least another year.
2 weeks? Try 2 month delays. Containers that cost $1000-1500 2-3 years ago are $25,000-30,000. No joke.

2 weeks? Try 2 month delays. Containers that cost $1000-1500 2-3 years ago are $25,000-30,000. No joke.
part of owning a business is making sure the people who gave you money are kept in the loop at every turn with at least a phone call. ghostling and ignoring emails is just bad business. better have a really damn good product if youre going to treat customers like crap

Reactions: jebinc
Reactions: OxBrew
part of owning a business is making sure the people who gave you money are kept in the loop at every turn with at least a phone call. ghostling and ignoring emails is just bad business. better have a really damn good product if youre going to treat customers like crap
I would agree with this, updates are mandatory and radio silence is never good. Not sure if every call or email can be replied to in a timely manner, but certainly prioritize refunds and make public on the website what the status is.

Reactions: jebinc