Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shield business practice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is 100% categorically false. They charge a 10% fee of the total purchase price and gives us points which can strip away our funding and shut us down, bad credit, pretty much anything u can think of. It hurts us tremendously. You guys have all the power tbh. If everyone called their card we would be toast. We are just super backed up right now trying to get orders sent out.
That may be the case, and I can sympathize with the shipping and supply chain issues you may be having, but ultimately that doesn't excuse poor customer service. Reputable companies do not charge for merchandise before it ships and promptly reply to requests for refunds. Ultimately, if you are getting hit with a large amount of chargeback requests, it comes back to your business practices.

That may be the case, and I can sympathize with the shipping and supply chain issues you may be having, but ultimately that doesn't excuse poor customer service. Reputable companies do not charge for merchandise before it ships and promptly reply to requests for refunds. Ultimately, if you are getting hit with a large amount of chargeback requests, it comes back to your business practices.
While I have not purchased anything from this company, I do follow the thread as I find it simply fascinating. Sure, startup issues, I get that. CS responses, reselling/rebranding existing products as their own, I do not. Be up front, if you are a reseller. Moving on….

@qdeathstar

While I have not purchased anything from this company, I do follow the thread as I find it simply fascinating. Sure, startup issues, I get that. CS responses, reselling/rebranding existing products as their own, I do not. Be up front, if you are a reseller. Moving on….

@qdeathstar
We specialize in our floor and trunk/frunk mats for the model 3 and y and they are our own custom mold.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi and jebinc
The reason why we charge before shipment is because it is the only way we can afford to produce inventory and many customers bought our product at our cost as because they ordered earlier. Anyways, that won’t be the case anymore because we have more than enough inventory that’s coming in to not only fulfill everyone’s order but also to sell to future teslashields supporters. We have made it clear on the product titles that the product at the time of ordering was on back-order.

I wanted to chime in here to give a little more perspective. I ordered at the very end of September with the understanding I would be charged, I
And apparently I can't figure out how to post...Anyway, I ordered at the very end of September with the understanding I would be charged then in exchange for a 20% discount, the mats would arrive later (was expecting at least a month). It's been a bit longer than I was initially expecting, but I called the the company today and talked to someone (one of the owners?) and they are sending me last year's mats until they can get me the new 2021 mats. My sense is they are a small company that maybe is just starting out and going through some learning curves in a tough business time with crazy distribution issues. As we all know, the distribution issues are causing problems in every industry. I have experienced this with other purchases this year, including my Tesla and Bosch dishwasher, among other products. I am not affiliated with this company, refuse to give them unlimited slack, and think they could be slightly more responsive via email, but I am still willing to give them some space here. I at least appreciate that they are responsive to forum comments and sending me last year's mats in the mean time is a great gesture.

I haven't posted in this forum much but have monitored it over the past several years and what annoys me is the extreme in opinions here. Everything is either the best or the a total scam. Nuance and grey areas are few and far between.

Reactions: OxBrew
I spoke with Jason concerning my order and he assured me that I should get the rest of my order (still missing the MY floor mats) before the New Year.. and as long as they come through on that promise (and the floor mats fit and perform well, obviously), I’ll be happy. I knew up front I was being charged and getting a decent discount for having to wait. I ordered in the beginning of September, so ya… I didn’t expect to be quite this long, but it is what it is. He did offer to send me the older mats in the meantime, but I told him it wasn’t necessary as I don’t plan to take delivery until the New Year. Fingers crossed that the mats arrive before the car does! 🤞🏻

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Although I cancelled my order and had to resort to disputing the charge to get a refund, I am still somewhat optimistic Tesla Shields will eventually deliver as promised to those waiting and recover from this. We shall see. It could be a legitimate business with just severely botched communication skills. They have invested so much time and energy defending themselves rather than accepting responsibility and building customer relations it is hard to tell.

When I ordered my Model Y mats at the very low 30% off introductory price a few months ago I fully understood that I was prepaying in order to get this discount and that the wait would be long, but I decided to accept this risk because their website promised the option to cancel any time for any reason, even if I merely got tired of waiting. Unfortunately, when I started to hear some accounts that gave me cause for concern and tried to cancel a month or so later I was told they were no longer allowing cancellations due to wait. This contradiction was the trigger in my case, and when I first suspected something unethical was happening. To make matters worse, when I pointed this out in one of their many threads I got downvoted rather than listened to. That sealed the deal. I believe if they had been more forthright in their communications and expectations all of this could have been avoided.

• Informative
Reactions: Wabsa and kbmoon
Well,

Since dialing into this thread, I see no reason to order anything from Tesla Shields. Who needs this for freaking mud flaps?
We have run into shipping issues (as most companies that import or truck goods have) and we have been trying to rectify these issues. Unfortunately, somethings are out of our control. As of good gesture, we have been offering discounts, free product, etc. We are sorry you feel you have no reason to order from us. We manufacturer excellent products that we are proud of. We are hoping (as most companies are hoping) our shipping and trucking issues will become smoother as more people start working again. It sounds as if you have not been reading or listening to the news lately. You may want to take a trip to one of the ports to see the ships off the coast or speak to any of the trucking companies regarding how short staffed they are.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi
Although I cancelled my order and had to resort to disputing the charge to get a refund, I am still somewhat optimistic Tesla Shields will eventually deliver as promised to those waiting and recover from this. We shall see. It could be a legitimate business with just severely botched communication skills. They have invested so much time and energy defending themselves rather than accepting responsibility and building customer relations it is hard to tell.

When I ordered my Model Y mats at the very low 30% off introductory price a few months ago I fully understood that I was prepaying in order to get this discount and that the wait would be long, but I decided to accept this risk because their website promised the option to cancel any time for any reason, even if I merely got tired of waiting. Unfortunately, when I started to hear some accounts that gave me cause for concern and tried to cancel a month or so later I was told they were no longer allowing cancellations due to wait. This contradiction was the trigger in my case, and when I first suspected something unethical was happening. To make matters worse, when I pointed this out in one of their many threads I got downvoted rather than listened to. That

When I ordered my Model Y mats at the very low 30% off introductory price a few months ago I fully understood that I was prepaying in order to get this discount and that the wait would be long, but I decided to accept this risk because their website promised the option to cancel any time for any reason, even if I merely got tired of waiting. Unfortunately, when I started to hear some accounts that gave me cause for concern and tried to cancel a month or so later I was told they were no longer allowing cancellations due to wait. This contradiction was the trigger in my case, and when I first suspected something unethical was happening. To make matters worse, when I pointed this out in one of their many threads I got downvoted rather than listened to. That sealed the deal. I believe if they had been more forthright in their communications and expectations all of this could have been avoided.
I apologize that you feel there has been a lack of communication. I realize this is not an excuse, but we have been having an overwhelming amount of orders coming in resulting in some growing pains. We did refund your money. We made it very clear to you there would be wait for your mats that is why you received a deep discount. You understood there would be a long wait for our mats. We have been communicating with our customers through emails, our site, etc. It is difficult for us to give an exact date on when a customer will receive their mats due to all of the shipping and trucking issues we have been experiencing. Once the mats are in, if a customer would like the product right away we will be more than happy to overnight them (at the customers expense). We are a very ethical company and have given you no reason for you to even assume that. Obviously, we were forthright in our communications and expectations otherwise you would not have written" 30% off introductory price a few months ago I fully understood that I was prepaying in order to get this discount and that the wait would be long".

Once the mats are in, if a customer would like the product right away we will be more than happy to overnight them (at the customers expense).

Wait...are the mats in or are they not in?

I thought the issue was that your inventory got shipped to two different warehouses and that was the problem you said you were experiencing (despite any good logistics partner just splitting/shipping inventory from whatever location had it available)?

In any case, and others have said this, if you are finding yourself that far behind any decent business WOULD STOP ACCEPTING ORDERS UNTIL THEY CAN GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER. THE ONLY THING STOPPING YOU FROM DOING THIS IS GREED.

I hope your business fails and I regret ever paying you for a product I have no idea if I will ever get.

• Love
I apologize that you feel there has been a lack of communication. I realize this is not an excuse, but we have been having an overwhelming amount of orders coming in resulting in some growing pains. We did refund your money. We made it very clear to you there would be wait for your mats that is why you received a deep discount. You understood there would be a long wait for our mats. We have been communicating with our customers through emails, our site, etc. It is difficult for us to give an exact date on when a customer will receive their mats due to all of the shipping and trucking issues we have been experiencing. Once the mats are in, if a customer would like the product right away we will be more than happy to overnight them (at the customers expense). We are a very ethical company and have given you no reason for you to even assume that. Obviously, we were forthright in our communications and expectations otherwise you would not have written" 30% off introductory price a few months ago I fully understood that I was prepaying in order to get this discount and that the wait would be long".
Well, for my case, I bought directly from the website, I received no discount, there was no warning on the website about delay shipping and charged first waiting later. I have waited for over 4 weeks.

• Informative
Wait...are the mats in or are they not in?

I thought the issue was that your inventory got shipped to two different warehouses and that was the problem you said you were experiencing (despite any good logistics partner just splitting/shipping inventory from whatever location had it available)?

In any case, and others have said this, if you are finding yourself that far behind any decent business WOULD STOP ACCEPTING ORDERS UNTIL THEY CAN GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER. THE ONLY THING STOPPING YOU FROM DOING THIS IS GREED.

I hope your business fails and I regret ever paying you for a product I have no idea if I will ever get.

While Greed may be a factor, I’m sure cash flow is even more so. It appears the only what they can keep afloat, with these delays, is to take your cash up front. A very risky proposition for buyers and the fledgling business. If orders (and cash up front) slow, this one will likely go under, with many prepaid orders left unfilled. Personally, I wouldn’t take the chance, but that’s just me. Hopefully, they will figure it out before something untoward happens….
@qdeathstar

Respectfully submitted...
You need to spend more time fixing your shipping issues and less time on forums.

No one is going to wait weeks on mud flaps.
They're mud flaps.
That is false. We are having some issues getting our floor mats fulfilled on time. Our mud flaps and underseat storage ship immediately. Many people here ordered our mudflaps and didn’t have to wait at all.