Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Site Down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RuhRow Hope everyone has their key cards or fobs
5C63D5F6-5E43-4101-A661-AC9F79849883.jpeg

Last edited:
Not when I am swimming, running or in some crazy situation. I've never needed it, but it's nice to know there's always a way in. Plus, even if someone found the card, the could only open the vehicle and not drive it away (PIN protected).

It's enough of an issue that I started a separate thread to talk about ways to get emergency entry w/o your phone:
Where to hide or stash a key card on the outside of the vehicle.
But even if the network is down, our phone key still works since it's bluetooth based. I mean, doesn't the swimming pool has a locker room to lock your bag? you don't bring a change of clothing to change out after you swim? don't you need your driver license to drive? haha.

Yeah, superchargers were down too! Returning from a long trip, needed a bit more to finish the final leg and suddenly a notice popped up saying my payment method wasn’t available and I couldn’t charge... My wife looked on line and saw it was a world wide problem, kept going to our planned charger and hoped it wouldn’t be down much longer. Thankfully 10 minutes after we arrived it came back up but was down for hours for some I’m told. I was in a bad spot in the desert with no alternative sources. Tesla needs to figure this out quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: theganjaguru
But even if the network is down, our phone key still works since it's bluetooth based. I mean, doesn't the swimming pool has a locker room to lock your bag? you don't bring a change of clothing to change out after you swim? don't you need your driver license to drive? haha.

incorrect. The screenshot was my phone key. The phone key contacts the mothership periodically and will sometimes log you out. If you get logged off the app, no phone key for you!

Had appt to pick up my MY yesterday afternoon and less than an hour before appt, got text stating that Tesla was experiencing a "wide-ranging network outage" and I called the center and I was able to proceed with my pick up, but the place was a MADHOUSE. So many Tesla's in the lot and cars jockeying around. It was incredible. Glad to get my MY and get out of there TBH. Madness.

It's pretty disappointing they didn't say anything at all about this. To have left people stranded with no way to charge makes me have serious reservations about taking a Tesla on another long trip.

I wonder if those with unlimited Supercharging were also blocked.

There's no question about it - I was one of many who sat at superchargers waiting for them to come back up.
How long were you waiting?

It's pretty disappointing they didn't say anything at all about this. To have left people stranded with no way to charge makes me have serious reservations about taking a Tesla on another long trip.

I wonder if those with unlimited Supercharging were also blocked.

How long were you waiting?
Everyone was blocked as far as I can tell - reports from all over the world. The network wasn't working so there was no way to tell who should be able to charge. The "unable to supercharge" error came up as I was coming into Phoenix having supercharged over the past two-week trip without issue, most recently just a couple hours before in Flagstaff. Asked my wife to start checking on line and she discovered the issue was widespread - people weren't even able to take delivery of their cars. At that point I figured I could either 1) soldier on and hope the issue was resolved in the next 90 minutes or so before I needed to hit the supercharger in Casa Grande (between Phoenix and Tucson) or start searching Plugshare for an alternate charger - I decided to keep going as I couldn't believe the network would be down for long. I arrived in Casa Grande and plugged in and hoped. While waiting I searched Plugshare just in case and there were no good alternative locations. Fortunately 10 minutes later the car started charging. There's a Culver's right there so we could have sat inside but after already driving most of the day, starting in Kanab Ut, a long delay would have seriously sucked. First time this has happened to me and it could have been much worse obviously. Doesn't change my opinions of Tesla or my MY (performed flawlessly) but hope additional redundancy in the network is a top priority now... :)

Reactions: alexcue