Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Slashes Model 3, S & X Pricing In China: Up To $51,000 Less

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are talking about the US prices
I wasn't and that is the problem on here, outside the US the price drop is far greater but most people posting are in the US so they have no idea what has happened to the rest of us.
Please click on the link someone posted above to understand why some of us are so mad about this, then put yourself in their shoes to realise why Tesla just guaranteed those outside the US will never consider buying a new Tesla again.

Actually what the title of this thread should be is "Current owners just got robbed by Tesla".

This is possibly the worst thing I've ever seen any company do to existing customers. I'm going to talk in my local currency, imagine you just took delivery of a $250,000 2018/19 P100D Model S (that was our local price two weeks ago), then you wake up to the news that the exact same car is now $165,000 (the Model-X is even worse, an $85,000 price drop), not because of anything else but Tesla's own decision to drastically drop the price - regardless of why they did it, they did it.
I understand prices fluctuate (usually up), but this is not a fluctuation, this is total disregard for anyone that purchased an S or X in the last two years because now their cars through normal depreciation should still be selling for more than a brand new one, but they just tanked.
It's bad enough that Telsa can't manage to be able to release software where everything actually works frustrating the heck of our owners, then to devalue our cars that much overnight is just another kick in the bollocks.
Before my warranty expires I will be selling this car because, well, why would you own a Tesla out of warranty!, but I'm 100% sure I'll not give them one more cent after they've pulled this stunt.
Usually if I purchase something expensive, i would do long and extensive research about it before I make a logical decision, I never rush into any hype or make irrational decision. I am a supporter of EV and Tesla, but I still don't plan to buy a Tesla yet. Because I noticed long ago that Tesla prices are much higher than competing gasoline car within the same segment, for example, even after the latest price cut, Tesla Model S is still priced quite close to BMW 7 series or Mercedes S class, while Model S is actually much closer to BMW 5 series or Mercedes E class in terms of size and level of "luxury". Yes, i know comparing EV and gasoline car isn't an apple to apple comparison, but I got to draw a reference point somehow. If I saw a price of $250k for a Model S performance version, you would have to kill me to commit to that price, I would invest the money instead and maybe come back in a few years to hope for a better Tesla price.

Really sorry you feel that way, but this how technology works and what you're saying is absurd. Its like saying I paid $1000 dollars for a 43" 1080p tv 8 years ago and now you can get on for $200, so you are never going to buy a tv again... Tesla just happens to be advancing so fast that they can drop prices. Sucks you paid so much but this is how things work with everything.
Not to sound like I’m picking on you but how do you know for a fact that Tesla is advancing so fast thus they can drop prices?
This is a car and not a TV or PC that the next model will be cheaper.