Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new software is fantastic change. Can someone help identify where to click to see tyre pressure reading? The swipe left/right on bottom right below car doesn’t work anymore.
In the name of "simplified controls" all the cards have gone except for the wipers which has also sort of almost gone

Simplified Controls
The display has been simplified to focus on navigation, media and the most common primary controls.
- For windshield wipers and status bar information, tap Controls
- For charging controls tap Controls > Charging
- For trip and odometer information tap Controls > Trips
- For tire pressure information tap Controls > Service
Note: Activating the windshield wipers via the stalk will continue to display the wiper card.

Last edited:
In the name of "simplified controls" all the cards have gone except for the wipers which has also sort of almost gone

Simplified Controls
The display has been simplified to focus on navigation, media and the most common primary controls.
Note: Activating the windshield wipers via the stalk will continue to display the wiper card.
Thanks. Didn’t get a chance to read release notes :) then found it later.

Simplified Controls
I agree that the word "simplified" is very misleading there. They have moved most of the controls into a single structure, however it has not made many things simpler.
Saw some wildlife on the road this morning, wanted to hit that record button, and its no longer on the map up there, had to go to controls to look for it, then realized that going through the menu to look for stuff while driving takes all the attention off the road so ended up not getting a saved clip of that :(

Reactions: Wol747
I agree that the word "simplified" is very misleading there. They have moved most of the controls into a single structure, however it has not made many things simpler.
Saw some wildlife on the road this morning, wanted to hit that record button, and its no longer on the map up there, had to go to controls to look for it, then realized that going through the menu to look for stuff while driving takes all the attention off the road so ended up not getting a saved clip of that :(
Yeah, decluttered might be the word. Simplified in the way I would like means fewer steps, not more.

I like the coloured icons because they reduce task load by giving more than just a snap cue to function.

Seems more like a step along the way to unifying the S/X interface with the 3/Y interface.

There are some quite interesting additions and improvements so it will be interesting to see what my final setup and workflow becomes.