Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been on a few drives now with latest update. I really notice a change in autopilot. When stopping behind other vehicles it is now much smoother at stopping (still stops too far back for my liking). Previously it would come to a much harsher stop later. I also have EAP and I have noticed that when it takes exits now it is also much smoother. Previously these would be much more jerky.

Has anyone else noticed this? I haven’t seen any talk about it.
The stopping distance doesn't bother me that much now that I'm used to it. It's actually safer too.

It might just be me but the steering feels slightly firmer and the regen higher, which I actually like.
I heard people talking about the regen changing and kept an eye out for it (got 14.3 last week), but hadn't noticed it change. Perhaps I'm just not that observant? :)

I like the change in the parked display, but miss the regen bar a bit (I know, but I liked it across the top). The new brake light/turn signal visualisation is cool, apart from the occasional oddness (e.g. saw a line of cars with their turn signal on on the display, but not in real life).

I really like the increase in size of the speedo.

Reactions: elddum and dronus
Been on a few drives now with latest update. I really notice a change in autopilot. When stopping behind other vehicles it is now much smoother at stopping (still stops too far back for my liking). Previously it would come to a much harsher stop later. I also have EAP and I have noticed that when it takes exits now it is also much smoother. Previously these would be much more jerky.

Not much changed for me. What distance setting are you on? Haven’t tested EAP yet.

Does this also apply to TACC or just autosteer? I often disengage TACC when approaching intersections as I didn't like the harsh braking, but I'm thinking maybe I should try it again!

Reactions: dronus
Has anyone with an S or X and FSD received the 2024.14.3 update? Nothing for me yet (S with FSD). On Teslafi no FSD versions have it. (and yes, not sure what FSD on teslafi means - could be US actual FSD).
I haven't received it on my X, also not on our Model 3 either. I assume it's currently only rolling out to AMD/Ryzen cars

I assume it's currently only rolling out to AMD/Ryzen cars
That's my assumption too. We have a MY with the AMD chip and a M3 with the Intel Chip and we normally get the software updates at the same time. However in this case the MY got the new update last Thursday and nearly a week later the M3 is yet to get it so I think that's probably the reason.

Does this also apply to TACC or just autosteer? I often disengage TACC when approaching intersections as I didn't like the harsh braking, but I'm thinking maybe I should try it again!
I haven’t been brave enough to leave TACC on approaching intersections or roundabouts haha. It seems to slow down but I don’t know what comes next!

I’ll try it this arvo, if this is my last post and you don’t hear from me again I’m probably in hospital haha

I haven’t been brave enough to leave TACC on approaching intersections or roundabouts haha. It seems to slow down but I don’t know what comes next!

I’ll try it this arvo, if this is my last post and you don’t hear from me again I’m probably in hospital haha
Holy Cow! I had no idea you could go through roundabouts with TACC on. Each time I approach a roundabout with TACC it goes in so quickly with no apparent attempt to brake at all so I chicken out? Maybe I should harden up and give it a go. I will however, bring my Will up to date before doing so LOL.

Reactions: elddum and dronus
Holy Cow! I had no idea you could go through roundabouts with TACC on. Each time I approach a roundabout with TACC it goes in so quickly with no apparent attempt to brake at all so I chicken out? Maybe I should harden up and give it a go. I will however, bring my Will up to date before doing so LOL.
It's really not intended use. I wouldn't.

My Y is in the shops for a few days and I'm driving a Polestar 2 now for 2 days now... The only advantage it has on the Y is how significantly smoother it brakes when I'm using its TACC-equivalent mode on the same roads and conditions I usually drive in my Y.

I really hope that Tesla fixes this harsh braking, slow accelerating issues during normal traffic driving. If Polestar can do it, why can't Tesla, right? :)

It's really not intended use. I wouldn't.
It used to do OK (2022 M3) with Autosteer beta and traffic light control, but the last few releases generally result in the "Autosteer aborted" red screen for the roundabouts it previously worked on. (The car will typically get about 1/3 of the way and then give up)

It isn't that hard to find roundabouts in CBR where you will the only vehicle (outside of peak minute that is), but, yes, this is probably not something you want to trial in traffic.