Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two years ago, at a time when tesla bought voice recognician from a 3rd party rather than make its own, the system was flawless. Absolutely bulletproof. Never made a mistake. Tesla decided they could do better than perfect so took it in house and inflicted it on the planet without testing. Was unusable at launch and like all things tesla we were promised that the change had to happen so voice could do more. Still waiting. Doubt this very poor solution has anything to do with google.
Yep, just like removing the rain sensors in newer cars that I had in my original Model S to instead utilise the forward facing camera to detect rain along with software…it’s still crap compared to the old physical rain sensor….

The slide bar still exists under the car graphic on the charging screen, however you have to make your own assumption on the percentage using the scale bars. I assume they needed some space to fit in the new game so irrelevant things like charging functionality had to be dropped.
Yep, not for me. The charge screen is just a basic white screen with only start/stop, amp selection and scheduled charging with no graphic or way to set a charge limit and start charging. Phone is the only way I can do it currently.

Attachments

• DAAD2733-D896-4C75-9924-4414F8E5367C.jpeg
    DAAD2733-D896-4C75-9924-4414F8E5367C.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 55
I wasn't implying that it was Google's fault, more the integration by Tesla of Google as part of the system. I had not known there used to be a much better implementation. That must be so frustrating having had something good replaced by something so poor.
Indeed it is - same applies to the autopilot. I used to have the brilliant and robust mobileye system. Tesla decided mobileye wern’t cavalier enough so they ditched them and made their own. The tesla system still isnt as robust as what mobileye offered, and its been 3+ years now.

Reactions: EcoCloudIT
Yep, not for me. The charge screen is just a basic white screen with only start/stop, amp selection and scheduled charging with no graphic or way to set a charge limit and start charging. Phone is the only way I can do it currently.
Umm yes thats different to mine. There should be the usual graphic right at the top. Another example of high quality tesla software and programming. You‘ll need to lodge a fault and they’ll likely push a patch.

Reactions: bradjc
Two years ago, at a time when tesla bought voice recognician from a 3rd party rather than make its own, the system was flawless. Absolutely bulletproof. Never made a mistake. Tesla decided they could do better than perfect so took it in house and inflicted it on the planet without testing. Was unusable at launch and like all things tesla we were promised that the change had to happen so voice could do more. Still waiting. Doubt this very poor solution has anything to do with google.
Bummer - I got my S exactly at that time!
Am I correct in hearing that the voice recognition "goes through" Google for interpretation? Obviously it has to search for nav destinations, but doing things like switching on the a/c must be "in house", surely?

Google for interpretation?
I was thinking the Point of Interest must be going through Google, hard to think if Tesla is interested in making their own database for these.
Then the AI part where it translates human speech into something the car understands and can cross-reference to this POI database, I assume this is in-house.

I can only guess though

A few pages back I complained about the USB drive dropping off constantly. Well I have been testing for the last week without having the USB hub and wireless charger un-plugged, and I have only had 1 disconnection during a whole week, where previously I had multiple every day. I then tried to plug the wireless charger in with just 1 USB as the car only has 2 in the front there (1 used by the USB drive now), and it does not provide enough power for the Wireless charger.
I did some reading up and the USB sockets on the early model 3-s, mine included are USB2 spec, The charger and all USB drives I have been using are designed for USB3, though drives are backward compatible for USB2. it looks like the power available from those 2 sockets is barely enough for the drive and not really enough for the drive and wireless charger together.
Now I have a few left over 12V socket to USB power adapters. The only problem is that the 12v socket is in the wrong section of the middle console, so I will have to see if I can figure a way to get cables through the sections to power the wireless charger from the 12v socket instead, and that might solve 1 problem for my car.

Is this a defined voice command? I know some things not on the list do work but have not tried this one (have tried increase and decrease fan speed which work, likewise too hot and too cold....)

YES! Most definitely and I have used it before! If you don't roll your R's to the extreme, it takes "four" to be "full".

I noticed an interesting change to TACC yesterday.

I have TACC Max speed set to 5km > speed limit. I was travelling north on the M7 towards the M5 at Eastern Creek. TACC Max was set to 105km/h. I left TACC on as I took the slip road to the M5 westbound. As usual, the TACC Max speed dropped to 90km/h while I was on the slip road. When I got to the M5 it set the TACC Max speed back to 105km/h. This is what I have usually seen.

What was different this time was when I go to the speed limit change gantry where the speed limit changes to 110km/h, TACC automatically increased the Max speed to 115km/h. It has never done that before and usually only does it if I hold the lever down.

It didn't slow when the speed limit changed to 90km/h at Russell Street, nor at the change to 70km/h at the Lapstone exit.

I dont use the tesla charging network. Perfectly good solar power at home that costs me some very low feed-in-tarrif. I have car lifetime supercharging. So for me the charging network has no impact on my next ev.
How is that possible, do you never drive long trips etc? What about holidays? I don’t think anybody relies on the SC network for daily charging but surely it’s great for long trips. That’s the best thing about Tesla and what pushed me towards them.