Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a great feature if it works as advertised, does my car have the right hardware?.
So far FSD, wipers, auto main beam, the list goes on... do not.
Maybe I groused too much and went to the back of the queue, my update yesterday was only 2024.8.7!

That's a great feature if it works as advertised, does my car have the right hardware?.
Maybe I groused too much and went to the back of the queue, my update yesterday was only 2024.8.7!
Well as mentioned previously, on the Model Y, 2024.8.7 (downloaded and installed on the 4th April in NZ) enabled the matrix headlights a week ago.
Check under the menu for lights and see if there is now a menu option for adaptive headlights.

Reactions: Audietron and Miggy
if you can play lightshow and it projects TESLA on wall, you have matrix headlight....
another way to see is - when driving at night if you see that right side road is having light level lower than road in front of you... you got matrix headlight...
or if you have auto-high beam enabled in settings... with matrix headlight it will keep high-beam on in almost all situations (ideal for driver and doesn't blind anyone on road)

Negative, maybe my car is too old.
This will happen more and more as the fleet ages, the hardware will become the limitation.
I don't know when Tesla started installing Matrix Headlights as standard. It looks like it was quite hit and miss for a while - depending on which plant the vehicle came from - particularly in the States.

I saw on one reddit thread "In december 2020, the first cars were delivered with these capable lights".

And this site says:
The first Model X vehicles with matrix headlights were delivered in June/July of 2023, while the Model 3, Model Y, and Model S have had matrix headlights for a longer period. Support on the Model 3 and Model Y has varied by region and model, so the best way to tell whether your vehicle has matrix headlights is to look at them. If you see a large, round projector lens like the image below, your vehicle has the new matrix headlights.​

Yeah mine is technically a 2019 although delivered Feb 2020.
No Matrix, what a shame.
I'll console myself that it has the sexiest dust caps on the block...

20240407_163050.jpg

Reactions: Ecoli and Miggy
Hardly the end of the world if you dont have them I reckon, but it's nice that they fitted the hardware, didn't advertise it and have (finally) switched the functionality on - for free.

I like that Tesla does deliver things (with OTA updates) that effectively improve the car that you originally bought. Not sure who else does that.

Reactions: Ecoli
Hardly the end of the world if you dont have them I reckon, but it's nice that they fitted the hardware, didn't advertise it and have (finally) switched the functionality on - for free.

I like that Tesla does deliver things (with OTA updates) that effectively improve the car that you originally bought. Not sure who else does that.
good on Tesla.... agree with you

However, many other companies keep things fully functional to start with... what you buy doesn't improve every week but works perfect out of the box.

good that Tesla keep evolving, else it will be Nokia of car world... BYD already overtaken in battery, technology, quality, and sales...

Looks like Ryzen based Tesla's will be getting a huge UI update soon.

2024.14-visual-updates.png

• Love
Reactions: Audietron
Happened to be out in the car on a mix of roads and streets last night and it was the first time I had seen the Matrix headlights doing their adaptive business.
Have to say it was pretty impressive.

You dont see anything on well lit roadways, but as soon as you get somewhere with less traffic and street lighting you could see the areas of lighting in front of you constantly changing. It would noticeably dim areas where there was reflection (car rear reflectors) and it seemed immediate to drop the light in the area of an oncoming car. No-one flashed lights at me - so it must be all good.

I wonder how they are implementing it. Are they using the Tesla vision to work it all out or is it something built into the headlight array?
Presumably if other car makers have it it must be in the headlights.

Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron
Happened to be out in the car on a mix of roads and streets last night and it was the first time I had seen the Matrix headlights doing their adaptive business.
Have to say it was pretty impressive.

You dont see anything on well lit roadways, but as soon as you get somewhere with less traffic and street lighting you could see the areas of lighting in front of you constantly changing. It would noticeably dim areas where there was reflection (car rear reflectors) and it seemed immediate to drop the light in the area of an oncoming car. No-one flashed lights at me - so it must be all good.

I wonder how they are implementing it. Are they using the Tesla vision to work it all out or is it something built into the headlight array?
Presumably if other car makers have it it must be in the headlights.
I had in my audi this all the time before I had my first Tesla in 2021... It was always based on camera in front (right behind rear view mirror).
Tesla also had this for quite some time at low level where some pixels were lowered on right side where oncoming driver is - now going more accurate and improved.