Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2024.2.2.1 downloading
I jumped from 2023.44.30.8

My car is 2019 vintage

Release notes:
This release contains minor fixes and improvements

-----------------

Release notes:
Speed assist
Speed assist now leverages your cars cameras to dejected speed limit signs.
This improves the accuracy of speed limits data on local roads and highways in selected countries
Detected speed limit signs will be displayed in the driving visualization

Security improvements
this update includes important security fixes and improvements
-------------------------

Maybe my car will finally slow down when the speed limit drops on the motorway
around newmarket where the speed drops heading into town
FSD engaged speed changes on driving visualization but it blasts on through at 100km

well I went for a drive and it's no different
still blasts on through at 100km even though it can see the speed limit change to 80
max speed does not change from 100
Come on Tesla it's been 5 years FFS

looks like that old bug on the motorway slowing down when heading out of Newmarket area towards Ellerslie is back :(

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
I have a model Y that just got this update today. Haven't tested it yet.

However, I was north of Auckland on Sunday and went through quite a few roadworks and it was working very well before that update.

I was driving into town (towards the Harbour Bridge) and next to the motorway are the Northern Bus Lanes which run parallel with the motorway.
The bus lanes have their own speed signage and limits. They are actually quite separate to the motorway.
The car kept picking up these signs and going crazy. My wife was marvelling that it was actually reading these (too) well.
If anything it was too sensitive at that time and place.
I haven't noticed it doing that previously.

Wonder what it will do after the update?

I got 2024.2.6 last Friday
FSD/AP is still not automatically changing speed limit if there is a speed limit change on the motorway spaghetti junction auckland

If FSD or AP is engaged and there is a speed limit change It detects the speed limit, max speed does not change

If FSD /AP is not engaged
Speed limit is detected and max speed changes to the speed limit

I got 2024.2.6 last Friday
FSD/AP is still not automatically changing speed limit if there is a speed limit change on the motorway spaghetti junction auckland

If FSD or AP is engaged and there is a speed limit change It detects the speed limit, max speed does not change

If FSD /AP is not engaged
Speed limit is detected and max speed changes to the speed limit
Yes, I don't understand the logic of it changing the AP set speed on rods like that from Papakura to Kingseat but not on the Motorway or urban streets like Pakuranga road.

Yes, I don't understand the logic of it changing the AP set speed on rods like that from Papakura to Kingseat but not on the Motorway or urban streets like Pakuranga road.
Yeh Tesla enabled automatic speed limit change everywhere else except the motorway. It's been like this for years

Realy èannoying part, if the speed limit on the motorway changes
max speed does change to the new speed limit ...
As long as you don't use FSD/AP !

I suspect that Tesla will never be able to 'fix' the wiper issue. Other manufacturers install a rain sensor that probably costs a couple of bucks at most and have reasonable sucess. Tesla has tries to use the whole camera thing with heaps of computer power and cant get it to work reliably. I dont think we should hold our breath for a resolution.

I do find that it works 'better' when your windscreen and wiper blades are very clean. This means you need to ensure to wipe your wiper blades pretty often - especially after periods of dry weather. The 'smear' must be seen as rain/drizzle I guess.

I thought the wiper performance on 2024.2.6 was actually an improvement (well, sometimes actually a little too slow to start). But on .7 mine too randomly decide to wipe and under what amounted to a heavy mist this morning they're whizzing away flat out until I resort to manual. Seems a significant regression.

Has anyone else noticed a change in 2024.2.7 in the paranoia level of the 'obstacle-aware acceleration'? I've noticed that when wanting to pull out in an intersection very soon after a car has passed in front that the car barely starts moving and is very slow to ramp up power. Has caught me out a couple of times. Model 3 LR.

I thought the wiper performance on 2024.2.6 was actually an improvement (well, sometimes actually a little too slow to start). But on .7 mine too randomly decide to wipe and under what amounted to a heavy mist this morning they're whizzing away flat out until I resort to manual. Seems a significant regression.

Has anyone else noticed a change in 2024.2.7 in the paranoia level of the 'obstacle-aware acceleration'? I've noticed that when wanting to pull out in an intersection very soon after a car has passed in front that the car barely starts moving and is very slow to ramp up power. Has caught me out a couple of times. Model 3 LR.
Yep noticed 2024.2.7 wipers randomly coming on although it could have been dirt on the camera
my car was in bad need of a wash

2024.2.7 Haven't noticed a change in obstacle-aware acceleration
Have noticed with 2024.2.7 when FSD (NoA) is engaged on the motorway and motorbikes are lane splitting
If the bike was close to my car FSD would tap the brake very briefly as the bike went past
Usually when the bike was just past the car, like it thinks it may cut in front or something
2024.2.7 FSD still not auto changing speed limit on motorway up or down if speed limit changes
Speed limit change is detected but MAX speed does not change
PM3 2019

Last edited:
Jumped from 2024.2.7 to 2024.8.4 (downloading)

Release notes:
This release contains minor fixes and improvements

Release notes:
one-time charge limit
Speed cameras on your route
security improvements
yet to see that piece of software on my Model Y.... getting punished for travelling for few months and staying away from car, I guess.

strangely FSD improved (how it handles lane changes, even predicts slow drivers) but degraded (instead of signal underneath the bridge, started picking up speed limit underneath the bridge... slowing down crazy 40km in 80-100km motorway)

Model Y got 2024.8.7 tonight.
They have fixed the indicator display to sensible arrows rather than a small arrow inside a green circle.
Adaptive headlights is also available (ie the matrix headlights).
Not sure what else.
Nice improvements. I updated last night too, from 2024.2.7. Looking forward to trying the lights tonight.
Can confirm the wipers haven't improved, they were busy dry wiping randomly throughout the commute to work on a dry morning until I turned them off.

2024.8.7 still doesn't detect speed limit changes on the motorway

FSD still wants to stop for motorway on ramp traffic lights when you're already on the motorway approaching an on ramp

Looks like 2024.8.9 is starting to roll out
received 2024.8.9 yesterday... had to manually reboot with scroll wheels and wheel change method to get internet back afterwards.

Everything is superfast since update... probably as lots of code removed.
car is picking up speed limit mentioned on temporary signs, however not adjusting within vehicle at all the times... it also picks up wrong speeds from adjacent roads or road underneath - so some mix-up of vision and map data happening...

indicator lights on car screen now flickers... not a rocket science and should be doing that from beginning - animating something on screen of car is not new feature - it's basic software feature implementation - animated assistance were on screen since before Tesla was founded (MS Office clip assistant - lol)

FSD is more hands free and accurate... still annoying that after choosing no confirmation for lane change, it is still asking for lane change and taking away that real hands free experience....

Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, upgrades... everything got their own sections within settings now... no more popup menus....

overall good update with few improvements.... could do better... but how elonta know our pain if he keeps driving in Elon mode?

Reactions: Ecoli