Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated 2023.44.30.5.1 no problems
car doesn't stop at roundabouts anymore, least 5 of them it tried to drive over circle.... means not detecting the collision in those instances.
car started going to 4th extreme right overtaking lane when it's suppose to exit motorway in 200mtrs, then it wants to keep slowing down and change lanes... serious risk for everyone...
car isn't showing alternate routes when driving, as promised of mentioned within release notes....
car decides at random times to halve the speed to what it was few seconds before... sets that as new speed limit... not ideal...
not showing any speed cameras or similar indications - I specifically drove around few to check...

only thing works perfectly is fart sounds when locking... even in that case if set to random - it stays stuck at GOAT sound instead of choosing random sounds.

so all updates in December only positive out of it is car can FART more efficiently... lol. $80K + $11400, fart machine on road... ROFL

Wait till you drive in the rain. Auto wipers are nerfed.
I haven’t had the chance to see how it reacts in rain but what I have noticed is that you can turn the wipers off in autopilot which u couldn’t do b4 which is a bonus it means u can Control not only the speed of the wiper but also turn it off @on when u want too.I had several instances where it would turn on when it wasn't raining now I can turn it off manually Which works for me.

Wait till you drive in the rain. Auto wipers are nerfed.
yup... in most cases wipers are lazy as... glass wholly covered in water but they don't even nudge.... specially if on autopilot... it's not safe or reliable, as camera vision might be blocked.
probably idea is that make current one so bad, their promised improved wiper performance automatically look better, even if it delivers at basic wiper level.

Updated 2023.44.30.5.1 no problems
I just finished trip all the way north from Auckland

Battery doing better than before, I liked that part... plus 300KW chargers on motorway is perfect.

everything else went to disaster...
  1. car will enforce first error for autopilot the moment you engage autopilot... some lazy implementation - as this would put autopilot in super alert mode and driver marked as bad driver to start with.
  2. even if holding the steering and nudging, it gives more frequent alerts and most are directly red instead of showing any blue ones.... same driver, driving style, road, speed, area....
  3. after driving on autopilot with hands consistently on my Yoke steering wheel... I still got heaps alerts for no apparent reasons... twice it slow down for nothing near to overtaking lane, so more angry drivers following me.... ultimately it just put me autopilot suspended for rest of the trip....
  4. Once I stopped, put car in park, and start again... driving was bit better on autopilot and less errors...
  5. This was like car simply wanted to focus on putting me on suspension instead of driving better....
  6. car was crossing white broken line and twice yellow lines when around the turn area.... never seen before, never happened before, on same road, on same car, on same autopilot (minus recent updates).... totally bad. totally unsafe.
  7. it was nice to see car changing speed by itself, but it was disappointing to see car reducing speed for no valid reason at random time and locations...
  8. Lock sound set to random.... since than it gives lock music less than 50% of times... rest time no alert, no confirmations....
Elonta became Christmas Grinch this year with very bad software updates right before holidays.

car doesn't stop at roundabouts anymore, least 5 of them it tried to drive over circle.... means not detecting the collision in those instances.
car started going to 4th extreme right overtaking lane when it's suppose to exit motorway in 200mtrs, then it wants to keep slowing down and change lanes... serious risk for everyone...
car isn't showing alternate routes when driving, as promised of mentioned within release notes....
car decides at random times to halve the speed to what it was few seconds before... sets that as new speed limit... not ideal...
not showing any speed cameras or similar indications - I specifically drove around few to check...

only thing works perfectly is fart sounds when locking... even in that case if set to random - it stays stuck at GOAT sound instead of choosing random sounds.

so all updates in December only positive out of it is car can FART more efficiently... lol. $80K + $11400, fart machine on road... ROFL
When I drive using autopilot I tend to turn it off when approaching roundabouts because I too have run over the circle in the middle of the roundabout as for the speed being reduction if the car determines that the speed is too fast for the road or the curve it will automatically reduce the speed and lock in at the lower speed,I have gone over the same piece of road with autopilot off no problems

Last edited:
When I drive using autopilot I tend to turn it off when approaching roundabouts because I too have run over the circle in the middle of the roundabout as for the speed being reduction if the car determines that the speed is too fast for the road or the curve it will automatically reduce the speed and lock in at the lower speed,I have gone over the same piece of road with autopilot off no problems
It always worked perfectly before to come to complete stop when it's 1) pedestrian crossing, round-about, give way sign at intersection.... so they messed it up.
Taking precautions is always good... love your approach. but my personal thinking is, what's the point of buying autosteer but not use it in all instances as if we can not count on it to do basic things?
If it says, FSD, it lists, feature on auto, and it used to do that feature on auto... I don't want it any other way unless more improved....

My auto wipers seem to have reversed..

Previously they were always over zealous.. fastest speed when its only drizzling, continuing to run (on autopilot) long after the rain has stopped or moisture is gone.. now since the update they are on intermittent wiping when the windscreen is covered in water and its hard to see.. constantly having to intervene..

My auto wipers seem to have reversed..

Previously they were always over zealous.. fastest speed when its only drizzling, continuing to run (on autopilot) long after the rain has stopped or moisture is gone.. now since the update they are on intermittent wiping when the windscreen is covered in water and its hard to see.. constantly having to intervene..
Yes - They seem almost reluctant to wipe now.

since last 2 updates...
  1. Wipers Don't work
  2. Turning signals cameras don't always show up
  3. holding steering, doesn't count, car would still give RED error
  4. lock sounds doesn't always sound (new feature with PWS)
  5. car would randomly slow down for no valid reason, specially on motorway...
  6. car is mimicking bad driver... slowing down after seeing signal red.... crawling to avoid breaking at signal
  7. Car stopped overwriting old dashcam footages and rewrite things to USB.. asking to format or replace USB once full... annoying.
list goes on.... new holiday tradition of bad uncooked updates? hopefully not.

Hellooo... Tesla?
On Friday I drove into a heavy rain squall on Auto Wipers and no wiper response.
Scrabbling about to get a wiper going means you are distracted while travelling partially blinded.
A recipe for safe driving... not.
Had a similar experience yesterday on the Motorway on Autopilot.
I couldn't see and had to switch wipers on manually but the car seemed to be able to drive ok and took a bend no problem.
Very nervus driver with both hands on wheel and foot hovering over pedals.

Have 2023.44.30.5.1, and two things that are annoying are random adaptive cruise control slow downs (I'm now used to accelerating when it does this), and lane departure warnings that I can't turn off permanently (keeps turning back on - or in one case yesterday still warned when it was shown as turned off). I'm happy to accept the risk of no lane departure warnings so I can enjoy driving the car on narrow winding roads, but it just keeps giving us a fright which is VERY annoying and frankly not very safe. If I was mostly driving on motorways then lane departure alerts make sense but thats a big assumption in NZ. Prior to latest update it seemed less sensitive to triggering lane departure warnings.
I'm thinking of putting it in Joey mode to at least tone down warnings that I can't get rid of. Wipers not triggering is minor issue to me.

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron