Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
recent updates improved few things in FSD area, like auto speed change etc. but introduced traffic signals where none there... one within 15 meters of actual signal at Onewa road, where clearly there are no lights.... annoying when stupid car just want to stop for zero reason.

Phantom breaking sort of returned in many instances... car simply wants to slow down from 80/100KM speed to around 40 on motorway... super annoying and unnecessary risk. once this happens, it will ask to nudge steering for 6-10 times for no reason....

I guess elvs at Elonta's workshop are super bored and least motivated to get things right or interesting.... If only Elonta tweets them some motivation.

recent updates improved few things in FSD area, like auto speed change etc. but introduced traffic signals where none there... one within 15 meters of actual signal at Onewa road, where clearly there are no lights.... annoying when stupid car just want to stop for zero reason.

Phantom breaking sort of returned in many instances... car simply wants to slow down from 80/100KM speed to around 40 on motorway... super annoying and unnecessary risk. once this happens, it will ask to nudge steering for 6-10 times for no reason....

I guess elvs at Elonta's workshop are super bored and least motivated to get things right or interesting.... If only Elonta tweets them some motivation.
Haven't noticed any change with speed change on the motorway

The strange line on the motorway above khyber pass seems to have gone and the slowdown

FSD still thinks it should stop for the motorway on ramp traffic lights
When I'm on the motorway

There is still something dodgy going on around khyber pass area. If taking the port off ramp
FSD drops out of NoAP to regular AP and doesn't take the off ramp
If your not paying attention or a bit slow figuring out what's going on.
You can find youve sailed past

In the same area in FSD randomly my car will sometimes make a dive for the port exit. Then realize that's not the off ramp it wants dive back any carry on
Like nothing to see here ignore what I just did carry on, as you were.

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
Haven't noticed any change with speed change on the motorway

The strange line on the motorway above khyber pass seems to have gone and the slowdown

FSD still thinks it should stop for the motorway on ramp traffic lights
When I'm on the motorway

There is still something dodgy going on around khyber pass area. If taking the port off ramp
FSD drops out of NoAP to regular AP and doesn't take the off ramp
If your not paying attention or a bit slow figuring out what's going on.
You can find youve sailed past

In the same area in FSD randomly my car will sometimes make a dive for the port exit. Then realize that's not the off ramp it wants dive back any carry on
Like nothing to see here ignore what I just did carry on, as you were.
You mean "Teenage mode" activated for Tesla in NZ.

I see that random confused trying to change lane... it's nightmare crossing the harbour bridge without constantly going to extreme right side lanes only to either miss or manually change all lanes near to first or second exit.

There is new feature enabled by default, auto indicator alert.... makes indicator switch super sensitive and disables 3 indication on soft stalk nudge...
near to off ramp if lanes about to merge, it gets strange views from others as it's not changing lanes but in traffic keeps showing indicator to left (merge indication i guess)...

I agree, on motorway it will detect nearby offramp signals and try to stop.

Social skills overly improved - car trying to slow down every time it detects someone driving from off ramp - to let them pass - lol.

All in all... moody teenager deciding what to do... including strangely stopping near few of the random dairies near collages... one of them is on Onewa road opposite to Northcote collage. there is clear stop line on screen for zero reasons in middle of the road - lol.... maybe lollies time or some energy drink.

Moody teenager seem about right ...lol
Stopping near the dairies ...moody teenager ...maybe it wants a pie or it doesn't want to go to school today

I gave up on having it auto change lanes .

Now I have it prompting only
Much better for my stress levels
If we put in different perspective.... we started using ChatGPT to write reports, however we rewrite most contents as it's not reliable and makes us angry.
Technically, spending more time to do the same thing... but entertained in the process - lol.

I am super relaxed... as drivers without FSD or Tesla either already stress driving or aware of Tesla's Teenage brain - no point stressing myself out... so I let csr do good/bad/almost-ugly and change at certain stage to correct without getting stressed. others may not enjoy it so much, but car makes up for it by randomly giving them way of passage :rolleyes:

However on some crazy roads, I just let it drive without destination set... significantly reduces number of stupidity it would try to get away with ;)😂

Downloaded 2023.12.9 the vehicle cannot be woken up using cellular connectivity thru the phone/ using bluetooth will wake it up if i am close enough. Anyone having simlar problems
It’s widespread, with many Australian owners affected.
However it’s not affecting all owners, my 2014 Model S is working, I just checked in the last few minutes.

Downloaded 2023.12.9 the vehicle cannot be woken up using cellular connectivity thru the phone/ using bluetooth will wake it up if i am close enough. Anyone having simlar problems
vehicle requires two reboots to fix this... I had issue but gone after doing following:
  1. Press scroll wheels for 10-20 seconds before releasing... this will reboot the screen and software.
  2. Go to support, wheel, note down correct wheel type - now change it to anything random... vehicle will reboot.... change wheel type to correct type back, vehicle will reboot again...
  3. check for mobile app updates.... restart the mobile.
It works perfectly afterwards.

Is it just me, or is the car only checking for updates once a week now? It used to check if it'd been more than, 24hrs since the last check, but car last checked on the 20th.
Probably car is also fed up with updates with no explanation...
but again, last few years were key initial years to fix many things... now hopefully things are more focussed on next big thing (CT) and getting that right, so Tesla can have more sales again - or not left behind like Nokia, by being too late to UTE market.