Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With update 2023.38.8, Tesla has added a new option that lets you choose how to activate Autopilot. In Controls > Autopilot, you can now choose whether it takes one tap of the right stalk to activate Autopilot, or the traditional two taps.
A single tap of the right stalk simplifies the activation process, making it more intuitive, however, it also appears to disable access for Traffic-Aware Cruise Control (TACC)
if you want to use TACC only you have to manually set it up by going to Controls>autopilot select TACC one pull on the stalk will activate TACC

So... how do you activate only Adaptive Cruise Control?
(I am holding off the update until I know!)
if you want to have FSD and TACC both... leave it to double stoke... if like me, you feel that TACC is redundant with FSD - go ahead and activate single stoke...
update only gives you option to change as and when you want it to bypass TACC and enable FSD on single stoke. so no need to skip update.
having more options and control is always good :cool:

Well well well what do we have here... 2023.44.30.2 waiting to download

Release notes, no mention of park assist upgrade
Nothing about custom sounds either, but I don't have Boom box fitted

Release notes:

minor fixes

Apple podcasts

Listen to millions of the world's most popular podcasts. Apple Podcasts for Tesla syncs with your favorite Apple devices, so you can seamlessly follow shows, save episodes, and pick up right where you left off. Browse new and noteworthy podcasts or explore what's trending on Top Charts.
From the Application Launcher, open the Apple Podcasts app, scan the QR code, and log in with your Apple ID.Premium Connectivity required.

Tesla Arcade Updates
-Beach Buggy Racing - Unlock new vehicles and tracks.Your racing vehicle now matches the color you've set in Toybox > Colorizer.
-Polytopia Diplomacy Update — Explore new options for peaceful and hostile interactions, from peace treaties and embassies to stealth infiltration and guerrilla warfare.
-Vampire Survivors Chilling Update - Melt hordes of snowmen and defend against ice monsters in the new wintry Whiteout map, along with a new character, achievements, and items to collect.
-PS4, PS5, and Xbox Controllers - Feel more immersed in the action with rumble effects in select Tesla Arcade games.
To pair a controller, open the Bluetooth panel and follow the instructions.
Availability varies by model and location.

Trip Planner on Mobile App
Use the Tesla mobile app to plan a trip.
Go to Location > Navigate and enter a destination. For multiple stops or to make changes, simply Edit Trip > Add Stop. If needed, Trip Planner will also include charging stops along the way. Then choose Send to Car to share it with your vehicle.
Requires Tesla app 4.27.5+ to add multiple stops to a trip.

More Cameras in live Camera View
When you view your vehicle surroundings from the Tesla app, now you'll have access to the left and right pillar cameras.
On your vehicle touchscreen, go to Controls > Safety > View Live Camera via Mobile App. Then you can view from the app on your phone.
Live Camera is end-to-end encrypted and can't be accessed by Tesla. Requires Tesla app 4.27.5+ and Premium Connectivity.

Automatic Blind Spot Camera

The blind spot camera view now alerts you with red shading along the edge when your turn signal is on and your vehicle detects an object or another vehicle in your blind spot.
Go to Controls > Autopilot > Automatic Blind Spot Camera.

Light Show
Time to celebrate with the latest Light Show to the tune of The Arrival by Irving Victoria.
Play it right away, or schedule the show up to 10 minutes in advance, with one vehicle or synced with friends. Go to Toybox > Light Show.
Light Show enthusiasts can now play multiple custom Light Shows from the same USB flash drive. Simply save the show files to a directory named ""LightShow"" on your flash drive, connect, and choose.

Automatic Suspension
For maximum safety and accountability, use of Autopilot features will be suspended if improper usage is detected. Improper usage is when you, or another driver of your vehicle, receive five ‘Forced Autopilot Disengagements’. A disengagement is when the Autopilot system disengages for the remainder of a trip after the driver receives several audio and visual warnings for inattentiveness. Driver-initiated disengagements do not count as improper usage and are expected from the driver. Keep your hands on the wheel and remain attentive at all times. Use of any hand-held devices while using Autopilot is not allowed.
Autopilot features can only be removed per this suspension method and they will be unavailable for approximately one week.

• Love
Reactions: Audietron
Well well well what do we have here... 2023.44.30.2 waiting to download

Release notes, no mention of park assist upgrade
Nothing about custom sounds either, but I don't have Boom box fitted

Release notes:

minor fixes

Apple podcasts

Listen to millions of the world's most popular podcasts. Apple Podcasts for Tesla syncs with your favorite Apple devices, so you can seamlessly follow shows, save episodes, and pick up right where you left off. Browse new and noteworthy podcasts or explore what's trending on Top Charts.
From the Application Launcher, open the Apple Podcasts app, scan the QR code, and log in with your Apple ID.Premium Connectivity required.

Tesla Arcade Updates
-Beach Buggy Racing - Unlock new vehicles and tracks.Your racing vehicle now matches the color you've set in Toybox > Colorizer.
-Polytopia Diplomacy Update — Explore new options for peaceful and hostile interactions, from peace treaties and embassies to stealth infiltration and guerrilla warfare.
-Vampire Survivors Chilling Update - Melt hordes of snowmen and defend against ice monsters in the new wintry Whiteout map, along with a new character, achievements, and items to collect.
-PS4, PS5, and Xbox Controllers - Feel more immersed in the action with rumble effects in select Tesla Arcade games.
To pair a controller, open the Bluetooth panel and follow the instructions.
Availability varies by model and location.

Trip Planner on Mobile App
Use the Tesla mobile app to plan a trip.
Go to Location > Navigate and enter a destination. For multiple stops or to make changes, simply Edit Trip > Add Stop. If needed, Trip Planner will also include charging stops along the way. Then choose Send to Car to share it with your vehicle.
Requires Tesla app 4.27.5+ to add multiple stops to a trip.

More Cameras in live Camera View
When you view your vehicle surroundings from the Tesla app, now you'll have access to the left and right pillar cameras.
On your vehicle touchscreen, go to Controls > Safety > View Live Camera via Mobile App. Then you can view from the app on your phone.
Live Camera is end-to-end encrypted and can't be accessed by Tesla. Requires Tesla app 4.27.5+ and Premium Connectivity.

Automatic Blind Spot Camera
The blind spot camera view now alerts you with red shading along the edge when your turn signal is on and your vehicle detects an object or another vehicle in your blind spot.
Go to Controls > Autopilot > Automatic Blind Spot Camera.

Light Show
Time to celebrate with the latest Light Show to the tune of The Arrival by Irving Victoria.
Play it right away, or schedule the show up to 10 minutes in advance, with one vehicle or synced with friends. Go to Toybox > Light Show.
Light Show enthusiasts can now play multiple custom Light Shows from the same USB flash drive. Simply save the show files to a directory named ""LightShow"" on your flash drive, connect, and choose.

Automatic Suspension
For maximum safety and accountability, use of Autopilot features will be suspended if improper usage is detected. Improper usage is when you, or another driver of your vehicle, receive five ‘Forced Autopilot Disengagements’. A disengagement is when the Autopilot system disengages for the remainder of a trip after the driver receives several audio and visual warnings for inattentiveness. Driver-initiated disengagements do not count as improper usage and are expected from the driver. Keep your hands on the wheel and remain attentive at all times. Use of any hand-held devices while using Autopilot is not allowed.
Autopilot features can only be removed per this suspension method and they will be unavailable for approximately one week.
you and elonta...
I even got a new one with boombox, and nothing in sight.
probably need to restart, reformat, re-purchase... in order to get latest update.... lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
First drive with 2023.44.30.2
FSD on motorway didn't notice any random braking which has been happening with the last few builds as cars pass by
Bit early to say if it's fixed

This morning I did notice different FSD behavior when I deviated off the nav route.
I stayed on the motorway instead of taking the exit nav wanted to take
FSD NoA dropped back to AP
and speed limit dropped .to 70km
The car assumed I was exiting the motorway and following the nav route. AP changed back to NoA once I passed the exit. Speed limit stayed at 70km

The blind Spot Camera indication works well, easier to see.

• Love
Reactions: Audietron
First drive with 2023.44.30.2
FSD on motorway didn't notice any random braking which has been happening with the last few builds as cars pass by
Bit early to say if it's fixed

This morning I did notice different FSD behavior when I deviated off the nav route.
I stayed on the motorway instead of taking the exit nav wanted to take
FSD NoA dropped back to AP
and speed limit dropped .to 70km
The car assumed I was exiting the motorway and following the nav route. AP changed back to NoA once I passed the exit. Speed limit stayed at 70km

The blind Spot Camera indication works well, easier to see.
one of those days, when selected few already open their Christmas present and I am looking at Grinch's face rebooting and restarting my car in frustration... 🫣 😂 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
I think none USS cars may get the park assist upgrade

On the motorway car still wants to stop for the traffic light controlled on ramps
so annoying bits still there.... never understood how they keep on messing up perfectly working features during future updates....

I had door damage as car wouldn't detect a pillar on left, strange... these many cameras and sensors but still blind.... my fault depending on auto detection and having over confidence on car....

waiting on update... did everything but it's not detecting so far.

I think none USS cars may get the park assist upgrade

On the motorway car still wants to stop for the traffic light controlled on ramps
That is what has been published on quite a few sites.
Though the word was (from someone official at Tesla), that it will be rolled out to USS cars eventually.

One hopes that isn't too far away in the future as it looks quite a good thing to have.
I have a Model Y and I find it one of the most difficult cars I have owned to park.
PS It's currently installing 2023.44.30.2 - At least I know it wont have the parking update - so wont be unduly disappointed...

if you haven't got 2023.44.30.xx already word is its been pulled
New update to be released within a week to fix bugs
there are heaps.... my car try to hit another car on other side of road at signal... for no apparent reason...
car starts flashing warning right when still holding steering and right that moment just switched to FSD....
randomly slowing down when noone on road or no visible hazards.... high risk of being hit from rear after car doing that.
list goes on and on.....

only good or noticeable thing got out of this update is car can fart with horn or as lock music.... rest is smelly and unreliable like random fart - lol.