Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.36.5.6 installed today

Still unable to change scheduled charge time from android app
tried to set time to 9:30pm, changes back to 12:00am

I let the app change the time to 12.00am, verified on the car
On the app I could change time to 9:00pm
Then it would change back to 12.00am by itself as soon as I moved to seconds
Tried several times, gave up and set the time on the car to 9:30pm
App shows scheduled time enabled 12:00am

Since 2021.36.5.6 only difference I noticed was yesterday... when using FSD car wouldn't change lane despite driving well under speed limit set - it wasn't the case before.... Could it be because friend's kids were playing games using steering wheel? anyone else?

I will probably reboot tomorrow and try again, shouldn't be required as it's car - but nothing to lose I guess.

could it be poor connection from the car? I've seen a few failures like that recently with other functions when the car doesn't have good coverage. seems the new version of the app doesn't handle it as well. funny errors and reverted settings
Possibly I was having connection problems later the same night
but I could see the car changing to 12:00 as it was changing on the app
I was sitting in the car while I was trying this on WiFi
The car wasn't plugged in
I'll try it again with the car plugged in

Since 2021.36.5.6 only difference I noticed was yesterday... when using FSD car wouldn't change lane despite driving well under speed limit set - it wasn't the case before.... Could it be because friend's kids were playing games using steering wheel? anyone else?

I will probably reboot tomorrow and try again, shouldn't be required as it's car - but nothing to lose I guess.
On the motorway AP was changing lanes by itself after using indicator to instigate a lane change
I haven't tried NoA yet

Reactions: Audietron
On the motorway AP was changing lanes by itself after using indicator to instigate a lane change
I haven't tried NoA yet
I went one way with all auto drive.... other way with all issues.... turns out car turned all navigate on auto options off by itself, same with signal detection... including customised options... once I turned them back on and restarted the car - it's okay so far.

I haven't tried NoA yet
Tried mad-max mode other day... works good. interestingly It changed lane without any need - then I realised that it spotted a cop car on back with only lights on from distance and changed lane to give way - I was impressed for sure - one less thing to worry.

Car gets scared on harbour bridge, as instead of outside lane, wants to drive in middle lanes.... but scared to drive so close to dividers.... just like a toddler with hardly 1000KM clocked, keeps changing lane to find more safer distance 😂 😆

2021.36.5.6 - hasn't the image of the car both parked and in the visualiser changed? It looks much more shadowy or contrasty. Also it picked up some road markings this morning that neither of us think it has picked up before.

With 2021.36.5.5 I had to use the Monty Python Easter egg to get the Theatre apps to reappear as it lost those.

Hopefully we're getting the remote Sentry feature soon - do NZ cars come with the external speaker for the voice part? Ours doesn't make any pedestrian warning sounds. It was an early delivery after the rebate started so I guess it could have been a Shanghai car made before they added Boombox.

Also keen to get Tidal - not that I expect the quality will be any different to Spotify, but it will have my listening taste rather than my wife's, and we're quire different.

2021.36.5.6 - hasn't the image of the car both parked and in the visualiser changed? It looks much more shadowy or contrasty. Also it picked up some road markings this morning that neither of us think it has picked up before.

With 2021.36.5.5 I had to use the Monty Python Easter egg to get the Theatre apps to reappear as it lost those.

Hopefully we're getting the remote Sentry feature soon - do NZ cars come with the external speaker for the voice part? Ours doesn't make any pedestrian warning sounds. It was an early delivery after the rebate started so I guess it could have been a Shanghai car made before they added Boombox.

Also keen to get Tidal - not that I expect the quality will be any different to Spotify, but it will have my listening taste rather than my wife's, and we're quire different.
I think you're right about the car image

No issues with 2021.36.5.5 or 2021.36.5.6 with Theatre apps for me

Remote sentry still seems to be US only. Hopefully we eventually get it
My car is 2019 and doesn't have boombox or PWS.
Audietrons M3 is quite new so if NZ cars have PWS/boombox I think he would have it

• Helpful
Yes as far as I know PWS is not legally required in NZ
If it's not installed in new NZ cars, the wiring might be there
I think PWS was added from October 2019
If you added the PWS speaker It probably still wouldn't work without service enabling it
I talked to Tesla and can confirm that it is not in New Zealand cars, it's only available in North American cars... no external speakers in my car delivered before 5-6 weeks.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ecoli
I think you're right about the car image

No issues with 2021.36.5.5 or 2021.36.5.6 with Theatre apps for me

Remote sentry still seems to be US only. Hopefully we eventually get it
My car is 2019 and doesn't have boombox or PWS.
Audietrons M3 is quite new so if NZ cars have PWS/boombox I think he would have it
I had an issue with Theatre apps after 2021.36.5.6... called Tesla service and they asked to reset software by changing the wheel type and restoring the wheel type - both triggered software reset.

Not sure how to access that Easter egg....

2021.36.5.6 installed today

Still unable to change scheduled charge time from android app
tried to set time to 9:30pm, changes back to 12:00am

I let the app change the time to 12.00am, verified on the car
On the app I could change time to 9:00pm
Then it would change back to 12.00am by itself as soon as I moved to seconds
Tried several times, gave up and set the time on the car to 9:30pm
App shows scheduled time enabled 12:00am
Same here. Set charging start time on the app but it immediately jumps to the time set in the car.

S02

Same here. Set charging start time on the app but it immediately jumps to the time set in the car.

S02
I had very awkward conversation with Tesla about this...
I asked : How do I know what are the known issues at this stage and what is fixed with my software update?
Their response: you can do google search - you will find some results which are not from tesla official site but most likely accurate... and there is no way to confirm the same with us.

sort of saying "F**K O**, find it from any random source with no authenticity, we don't care" :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Miggy
2021.36.5.8 installed today
I still can't set the time for scheduled charge - reverts back to 12:00AM

Release notes:
-----------------
Mobile App Improvements
You can now adjust Charge Current, Scheduled Departure or Schedule Charging at your car's current location from the Tesla app.

Note: This functionality requires mobile app version 4.1.0.

• Informative