TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Test Drive - Atlanta

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by blackoutRF, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. blackoutRF

blackoutRF Member

#1 blackoutRF, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
    Hello all. Got to test a 85kWh Tesla Model S today for the first time and WOW. I thought everyone was crazy for saying "I had the biggest grin on acceleration"... but now I'm a witness. That thing MOVES!

Pushing the budget extremely tight but I think after this test drive, I'm finally ready to order one and push the button.

Anyone else participate? I'll put some pics of the Model S I drove later though we've all seen them.

2. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Was it a straight 85kWh, or was it a perf model?

Best description I've heard was something like "We started out of the parking lot, then we were rear-ended by the Millennium Falcon." The perf really throws heads back. Sooo much fun.

3. blackoutRF

blackoutRF Member

They had a Signature model for the original part of the drive just to go around the features than I believe we got into a Standard 85kWh model. Mistake on putting 80kWh in the original post.

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

The 60kWh is only a little bit slower 0-60 than the standard 85kWh. If the 85 is a tight budget item, the 60 might serve your needs depending on the length of your longer trips.