Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Testers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So… I have a disease, Teslitis, that keeps me awake for a few hours every night. Originally, it was obsessing about which model to purchase and with which features to include. I assumed that once I purchased the car my disease would dissipate. However, after taking delivery of my Model 3 I am even more obsessed and spend even more time reading, watching videos, and obsessing over everything Tesla. In order to continue to feed my disease I need to find out how to become a Tesla tester in order to try out the beta versions of things like enhanced Summon, etc. Does anyone have a hunch on how this might be possible? Just consider that you’d be saving a man from a debilitating sickness!

The general idea is good. I'm sure there would be a lot of Tesla owners who would gladly beta test features before mass release. Maybe something like this will be a thing in the future but for now I believe they do this in-house only.

In order to continue to feed my disease I need to find out how to become a Tesla tester in order to try out the beta versions of things like enhanced Summon, etc. Does anyone have a hunch on how this might be possible? Just consider that you’d be saving a man from a debilitating sickness!

No known way to get on the Early Access program. It is by invitation only. About the best you can do is go into the software setting on the car and select "Advanced" in the update preference. That will at least move you to the front of releases. Who knows, Tesla may decide to use that setting as a criteria when they decide to send out the next round of Early Access invites.

I believe it's a misconception to think of some future
"initial release of FSD". It's a gradually improving process,
and with EAP we're part of it. That's why it's so interesting.
I was referring to the "automatic driving on city streets" feature. If it drives thousands of miles without intervention then it won't really be very interesting at all.

Reactions: Silicon Desert