Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla testing driveless semi-truck despite Nissan Leaf costing $5000 less than Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$TSLA Tesla is testing a self-driving semi-truck in California, Nevada, despite Nissan joining the low-pricing EV category with its 2018 Leaf model costing $5,000 less than $TSLA's Model 3. alphastreet.com/post/08c77dd

The Nissan Leaf has always been cheaper with less range and power than a Tesla. 2018 changes nothing except that the price gap is getting smaller, and the range gap is getting larger. The top Tesla is about 200 miles more range now.

For 2018 it appears the electric motor in the Leaf is finally going to catch up with the 2011 Volt's electric motor. Gotta say, not blowing wind up my skirt. The Bolt EV might be more money than the Leaf, but it has 100 miles more range, and 50 more HP. The Tesla M3-220 will have 80 miles of range but over 100 more HP.

My guess here is the OP was trying to suggest that Tesla should be using that investment in autonomous semi's to further lower the price of the Model 3??? If so, that's so incredibly short sighted it's scary... IF Tesla is able to develop an autonomous semi that's worth BILLIONS by itself once you look at world wide trucking traffic...

Jeff

Reactions: AndreN
The Nissan Leaf has always been cheaper with less range and power than a Tesla. 2018 changes nothing except that the price gap is getting smaller, and the range gap is getting larger. The top Tesla is about 200 miles more range now.

For 2018 it appears the electric motor in the Leaf is finally going to catch up with the 2011 Volt's electric motor. Gotta say, not blowing wind up my skirt. The Bolt EV might be more money than the Leaf, but it has 100 miles more range, and 50 more HP. The Tesla M3-220 will have 80 miles of range but over 100 more HP.

Here's the crazy thing about how poorly non-Tesla EVs like the Leaf are doing in comparison to Tesla:

Screen-Shot-2017-08-10-at-2.36.38-PM.jpg

They sell fewer Leafs (Leaves?) in the US than Tesla sells $80k-base-MSRP-and-option-heavy luxury crossovers. To me that graph really drives home how much everyone else is going to be crushed by the M3.

• Informative
Reactions: scaesare
Just an observation: Every one of the OP's posts on TMC to date is basically a lead-in to a linked alphastreet article. Can we say "clickbait"?

Yes. And given that that site's name is a combination of two other financial sites' names I presume that it's a junk site. (I"m not going to read it.)

I reported the post. Hopefully a mod can delete all of their threads and ban the user.