Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, this is what the production Model 3 should look like

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What the OP is showing is an air opening on Model X, but with Model 3 it could be similar to the solid plastic material used on Model S.

Perhaps this decorative feature could be glued in place as an Tesla option or third party add-on, like the spoiler on Model S.

I like the sleek design of the Model 3 front end that allows flexibility for different countries, regions, and possible user selected modifications. Over time, IMHO, most buyers will be attracted to the simplicity and savings that a efficient aerodynamic front will provide.

Reactions: JJoynt
ashRZB4.jpg

What I mainly did was include the Model X nose cone, played with the dimensions of the car so it's not as bubbly (almost like a Model S), and altered the lighting and depth to blend these changes in. Let me know what you think, or what else I should alter. The original image I used was from Tesla's site.

I would like to see an animation from the original to your version. That way you can easily see your updates. Nice work in Photoshop!

TOO big ! What are your dimensions ? Weight ?

Without that this is just BS by non engineering types !

Artists and design people need to work collaboratively with others in engineering, production, supply chain , finance etc to end with a final design !

Otherwise, this is complete and UTTER BS !

Without those answers someone like Elon would fire you immediately !

TOO big ! What are your dimensions ? Weight ?

Without that this is just BS by non engineering types !

Artists and design people need to work collaboratively with others in engineering, production, supply chain , finance etc to end with a final design !

Otherwise, this is complete and UTTER BS !

Without those answers someone like Elon would fire you immediately !
Really dude chill, seriously. I was just bored and made this in photoshop for fun to see how it would look. Why would I care about the weight and exact dimensions? I'm not an engineer, or do I care to be one

I think it is time to dispense with the notion that that we need air vents, that's a construct leftover from our days of ICE and has no purpose, even negative purpose. It means greater costs, less strength, more dirt and dust within the vehicle body, harder to clean, etc.

Like side mirrors, dashboard instrument panels, and steering wheels. All destined to go the way of the collectors garage.."oh look at this an electric car that still had a grill-isn't that neat".

Time to move on. The point here is not to simply replicate the ICE but to take transportation to a different level, not only electric but autonomous.

Why do folks think the style of the nose needs to "grow on you". If it's a compelling design, you should like the looks on first sight. Sure EV diehards have proven they will buy an EV regardless of how ugly it is.
That's not who Tesla needs to sell. They need to attract common folks to a great looking and performing car that happens to be electric.