Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Time is real!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

adiggs

Sep 25, 2012
Portland, OR
My new roadster, #969, was delivered today. I don't even get to leave the parking lot where the driver drops off the car when he asks
"so what is it?".
"it's a Tesla".
"Yeah, but who makes it - Toyota".
"No - Tesla. Believe it or not, they're a California car company"

I figured there must be people out there who haven't heard of Tesla. I didn't expect literally the first strangers I would talk to around the Roadster not to know :)

Pictures and stuff will follow. 969 needs a bath before being presented in public.

Certified Pre Owned I'm guessing? I'm curious to how good of a job they do on making them look brand new.

I found it private market, at a dealership in New Jersey. They detailed it there, but after the cross country journey in an enclosed trailer (note - enclosed apparently means "sides made of tarp"), the car needed a good bath.

Or two.

I think I'm going to dig it too. The solar panels got switched on about a month ago. I figure I have about 500 miles of electricity accumulated - I need to burn some of that up :)

My 3.5-year-old Roadster doesn't get nearly as much attention around Seattle and the East side as it used to.

But today I was driving through University Place (about 50 miles South, near Tacoma - many fewer Teslas down there) on a nice day. I was at a stoplight and a car in the next lane went past me...then reversed, stopped next to me and rolled down his window. He asked a few questions, thanked me and moved forward. The car behind him stopped next to me, rolled down his window, asked some questions, and moved on. Then a third car pulled up next to me...but the light changed, so I only got to answer two sets of questions at that light.

adiggs, I'm glad you finally got one. You should post at least one pic of the car dirty!