Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to be make big announcement Thursday 2PM Pacific Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
Tesla will be sharing some big news Thursday at 2PM Pacific Time. Any guesses as to what it might be? I think a Model Y reveal is too early so I doubt it will be that. More likely, it will be news related to AP3, maybe FSD news. Maybe an unveil of the new supercharger V3 is possible.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-27_8-57-43.png
    upload_2019-2-27_8-57-43.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 119
Tesla will be sharing some big news Thursday at 2PM Pacific Time. Any guesses as to what it might be? I think a Model Y reveal is too early so I doubt it will be that. More likely, it will be news related to AP3, maybe FSD news. Maybe an unveil of the new supercharger V3 is possible.

Oh great, thanks for posting about this. Now I won't be able to focus on anything else the rest of the day... :p

Reactions: diplomat33
Model Y.

Elon made a similar tweet to tease the Model 3 release date-
Elon Musk tweets: “News on Sunday” about Tesla Model 3 release date

And he did previously suggest March for the reveal (though March 15 was the implied date).

SR Model 3 I suppose would be another candidate apart from the already mentioned HW3 (which is only for FSD, not EAP) and SCv3

Thursday won't even be March yet..........

Maybe v3 Supercharging?

FSD progress?

with the date for Model Y unveil announced at the end?

Paying off the March 1st debt has been turned into a big deal by the shorts. High chance that's the underlying reason for the announcement on 2/28.

Supposedly Model Y announcement is mid-March, though its close enough to be a contender.

BTW: Isn't Tesla Motors Club way, way, way overdue for a Model Y forum?

Reactions: Pkmmte

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

He didn't tweet big news.
He just tweeted "Some Tesla news". OK, I get that he did in a way to mock the SEC.

The ratio of Tesla exciting:unexciting news is very low and I therefore suggest waiting until after it's announced rather than getting worked up.

Actually I'm thinking SR model 3 makes more sense the more I think on it...

Model Y if it's anything like 3 would be an event people would be invited to, not a short notice thing like this.

And hey- if it bumps the stock price enough it saves Tesla a ton of $ on the bond thing too :)

Oh, plus, if they announce orders open now but delivery not till July 1, and that it'll still require PUP initially, that might bump some waiters into springing for the more profitable MR to get the bigger tax break