Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to make announcement tomorrow [5/3/2013]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flying cars (obvious given his choice of the word "up"). In fact, the hardware has probably already been included in the cars, just needs to be software enabled. I suspect this is not the "under your nose" announcement though. That is part 5, this is only part 4, duh.

"Time to up the ante" for me means they will guarantee a higher price for the Mod S than the S-series from Mercedes. Example; a minimum of 10% better price at 3 years.

And/or; the buyback guarantee is no longer only a part of the lease program.

If you up the ante, you increase the importance or value of something, especially where there's an element of risk as the term comes from gambling, where it means to increase the stake (the amount of money bet).

I think that Elon Musk is going to put more money where his mouth is. So it will have to do with the 2nd announcement. And this will result in an even better deal for the customers of Tesla Motors. Elon Musk is going to push more risk away from the customer and he is going to pull more risk towards Tesla Motors and/or himself.

Last edited:
OMG if he doesn't offer free Perf+ upgrades for the first 10,000 early adopters I am going to be totally bummed cause he's hyping this news so much and really why does he make everything so DRAMATIC all the time with his crazy tweets and hyped up announcements about MAJOR NEWS I mean jeez why can't he just do things like normal CEOs (except the part about giving me free stuff I'm ok with that...)

I think that Elon Musk is going to put more money where his mouth is. So it will have to do with the 4th announcement. And this will result in an even better deal for the customers of Tesla Motors. Elon Musk is going to push more risk away from the customer and he is going to pull more risk towards Tesla Motors and/or himself.

He said in a follow-up twitter that this is not related to the 4th announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG if he doesn't offer free Perf+ upgrades for the first 10,000 early adopters I am going to be totally bummed cause he's hyping this news so much and really why does he make everything so DRAMATIC all the time with his crazy tweets and hyped up announcements about MAJOR NEWS I mean jeez why can't he just do things like normal CEOs (except the part about giving me free stuff I'm ok with that...)

I love that he's not a "normal" CEO. Where would the company be if he was? Who knows!!