Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to make "exciting announcement on Thursday" (correction Tuesday)

What will Elon's "exciting announcement" be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember the failed Better Place and EV Taxi project of S.F.? Model S taxi or limousine service would be nice.
It would be great marketing. Imagine EV haters wondering what the car is?

Remember the old Palmolive commercial - "You're soaking in it!"

Lets not forget, when marketing a car that can go anywhere because of the superchargers, they still need to happen... My guess is like 20+ stations revealed financed by the man himself Elon Musk. Also they will formally announce that production has increased significantly along with margins - based on the fact that he said they wouldn't increase production until they had a decent margin.

It would be great to see a prototype of gen three and maybe a Model S variant, oohh maybe a Tesla F1 team, with Musk financing it!
That would be cool, just speculation!

Wow over 1600 messages and no vin number? (My vin 57xx). If no good news why not wait until your releasing bad news to moderate with good. Your suggestion makes no sense. I believe this forum is for those interested in car either owning it or looking at info to make decision to buy. Nonreservation holders non owners should not be allowed to post say past 50 posts. That would keep shorts off the board. I value alternative opinions but there are other places to read these. This is a club of tesla enthusiasts not a place for those who's only interest is tearing down company or car

Maybe read some of those 1600 posts. He's been a valued member of this community and has contributed a great deal especially from the investment angle. The fact that he often sees the glass half empty has helped keep our often too fanboyish perspectives grounded on more than one occasion . I for one appreciate his opinion whether I agree with it or not.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

There's a lot of good ideas being thrown out there. My guess is that Elon will be personally funding the Gen III development to speed up its debut. Getting that car on the road is one of his personal "big goals." The backup to that is that he will personally fund the Supercharger network to get the free forever charging network in place that much faster. Donating a bunch of cars would be an outside possibility.

"Putting money where his mouth is" is clearly saying he is backing statements he has made in the past or recently. Buying solar panels for the factories roof, while really cool, isn't something he has said is a goal of his. Unless I missed it somewhere.

- All Model S variants In production (40kwh, regular suspension, supercool red).
- Netherlands operations going live.
- First peek at finished EU Model S and release of its spec.
- dark teaserpictures showing the main lines of the Gen3 design.

- ... And all European models will get a free upgrade to a 850kwh battery that is geographically locked down to not work outside of Europe. It also includes a 4 wheel drive system with 4 separate 450kw engines giving the car an acceleration of 0,7 seconds from 0-160mph making it go into hyperloop-mode, where it teleports you the the Mars Ranch supercharger at a newly built Mars base with a Subway restaurant and a cinema. No toilets availible yet - no coke during the movie.

- ... And all European models will get a free upgrade to a 850kwh battery that is geographically locked down to not work outside of Europe. It also includes a 4 wheel drive system with 4 separate 450kw engines giving the car an acceleration of 0,7 seconds from 0-160mph making it go into hyperloop-mode, where it teleports you the the Mars Ranch supercharger at a newly built Mars base with a Subway restaurant and a cinema. No toilets availible yet - no coke during the movie.

Where does the unicorn go?

"Really exciting @TeslaMotors announcement coming on Thursday. Am going to put my money where my mouth is in v major way."

Most realistic suggestions so far don't seem to fit the twitter text. They either aren't "really exciting", or not something that would make Elon talk about investing money (that's not already invested).

I can't make up my mind about a guess.
- It seems early for Gen III announcement, especially for already having a prototype. Except for recent twitter activity, there are no rumors about first specs or so.
- Can't think of any possible larger Model S related announcement that would fit above description.
- Supercharger plans already exist going far beyond the current state. They might get accelerated, but that seems difficult to convey in an announcement.
- There are no rumors about new battery technology ready to be used in production, or any other pending innovation.

Out of these, an official Gen III announcement is perhaps the best fit. With an official name, and just a few more specs in addition to $30k+inflation, 200+ miles, smaller than Model S yet otherwise similar, with more features optional instead of standard. However, "best fit" doesn't necessarily mean "very likely".