Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla top March car sales in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
Referral Code
Wow!

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 13.58.25.png

What no one can deny is that Tesla are embarrassing the mainstream motor industry by being able to supply in such numbers despite the chip shortage. It must be especially gaulling for the SMMT to have to name Tesla, who are not members of their organisation, in the top two slots for March. Their press release narrative makes no mention of Tesla!
It's a 'wake up and smell the coffee' moment.
It's such a shame Tesla don't have a PR department.

Man, I hope they are increasing the roll out of Superchargers to account for this. I was looking to rent an S in July when I return to land of my birth for a holiday, but the sparsity of Superchargers put me off :(

when I return to land of my birth for a holiday, but the sparsity of Superchargers put me off

Sounds like you need a re-cap :)

USA: 200 years is a long time

UK: 200 miles is a long way

240 Volts here, Plug it into a regular household socket and you'll get 7 miles per hour. If you get to destination by 6PM and don't leave until 9AM then that's 100 miles added.

Man, I hope they are increasing the roll out of Superchargers to account for this. I was looking to rent an S in July when I return to land of my birth for a holiday, but the sparsity of Superchargers put me off :(
Teslas here have access to all the other brand chargers as well as Superchargers (not as good as Superchargers but quite a few options). I believe that's not the case n the US.

Reactions: scrapps
Makes you wonder what Tesla residuals will be like in 2 or 3 years time with the way they are pumping them out just now

I reckon that because demand is growing therefore X being sold now but in 3 years time the demand will be 2X. So twice as many people looking for a 2nd hand one as have been sold right now, so supply-&-demand will keep 2nd hand price strong. I think this has been the case all along (plus things like £Pound weakening and supply problems both driving up price of new, and dragging 2nd hand with it). I sold my 2015 MS 3.5 years and 95K miles later for 50%. In 2015 an MS purchase was nudging £100K ... any equivalent-spend BMW etc. ICE would have been "worthless" after driving it out of the showroom.

One thing that would rock 2nd hand price is if a brand has a "snag", given the newness of the Tech. Tesla buying batteries from a variety of sources might have that problem (as GM Bolt has done), but it is more likely to hit others who are new to all the EV stuff - albeit having had the benefit of taking a Tesla to bits to see how it was done before they started.

Reactions: Peteski