Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buffett dumps $800M worth of Apple stock, invests in biotech and groceries

Not sure if Warren Buffet buying TSLA is still a thing. Interesting article from February 18, 2020 when AAPL was trading at $324/sh (pre 4:1 split of August 31, 2020 is equal to $81 in today's share price of $118, so writen when AAPL was 40% lower in share price).

Summary:
AAPL was 32% of Berkshire Hathaway's overall portfolio @ $72B investment. This was 5.6% of all AAPL shares held. And this was after the attention grabbing headline which detailed a <$1B sale of AAPL.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Trust own $12.5B of BH, resulting in $1.8B ownership of AAPL through BH.

With AAPL's share appreciation BH likely owns more than $100B worth today. I had no idea BH's stake was so high. Note they only started buying Apple in May 2016 and since their initial purchase of $1B which has generated 5X growth has been steadily buying. If BH is the Tesla mystery buyer, hold on to your hat...er...shares. A BH buy is definitely a sign of expected long term growth.

Probably get more FUD until ER where we see margins jump up to 30%+ due to FSD revenue recognition. SP will spike and then follow by slow walk down because everyone and their mothers will cry about FSD revenue not being real revenue like EV credits..lol.

For those who have watched a bunch of FSD videos, for the most part the car does okay. However there are instances where the car goes into the opposite lane after a stop light, or wants to drive into a parked car(not that it would..but the path finding wants to) because that parked car is in a lane the car thinks is the turning lane. So we will get more of these cases amplified with wide release so there will not be any shortage of FUD.
Not ready for Robotaxi until it figures out how to handle school zones!

I have lot of respect for Ark for what they do, sure they do a great job trading Tesla but holding Ark for 10% exposure for Tesla doesn’t work for everyone, I am sure Ark also misses unexpected upside time to time on Tesla, 80% of most stock moves happen in 20% time frame.
You're right. The Pareto Principle applies to stock movement too. 80/20 rule seems to happen a lot in life. Interesting.

Expecting heavy manipulation today to keep the SP below $500 but another plop Monday or Tuesday
Yeah but it is a foregone conclusion they will fail....if not today...soon!

dam.gif

Expecting heavy manipulation today to keep the SP below $500 but another plop Monday or Tuesday
Agree. The calls I bought Tuesday (Dec 4-Jan 15) are up ~150% so far on average. If the SP is kept near 500 today I plan to load up before close today on many more short-term calls. I think (barring macro) a spike Monday morning is in the 80-90% likelihood range. I like those odds as a risk/reward play.

Voice is power.

Tesla is not the end game here. The punching bag get's moved around to suit their masters. Your analysis is shallow.

And yours is baseless and paranoid.

CRs "masters" are their subscribers. They take no advertising money and pay for everything they test.

They've been instrumental in finding (and getting corrected) significant product and safety flaws in a slew of products- including cars- going back decades

That incudes finding the Model 3 ABS bug- for which Elon explicitly thanked them- and as noted resulted in great positive press by being able to fix it via an OTA instead of a physical recall.

CR released their annual car ratings. In the same 1 month period they've released them every year going back at least a decade or more.

But somehow it's a conspiracy to suit some nebulous "masters"?

Not EVERYTHING is a vast global conspiracy against your personal interests.

A message this country desperately, desperately, needs right now.

Agree. The calls I bought Tuesday (Dec 4-Jan 15) are up ~150% so far on average. If the SP is kept near 500 today I plan to load up before close today on many more short-term calls. I think (barring macro) a spike Monday morning is in the 80-90% likelihood range. I like those odds as a risk/reward play.

Next week, Nov 26th Thurs is Thanksgiving week. So there might me light number of trades.

+ took this into consideration and sold Nov 27, 620 CC's for $1.47. (usually don't sell weeklies)

Last edited:
I'm with you the market will reward TSLA handsomely if/when FSD proves robotaxis are certain to happen. But it won't be this winter. I think we have a year or so minimum before that comes to pass.

Blame Brandon for my opinion. Either Sacramento is the Bermuda Triangle for FSD beta or his car is possessed.
My hope would be that the YouTubers will pull their older FSD videos, so that only the ones on the most recent updates will show. Otherwise we'll be fighting older versions and their shortcomings forever. (The FUDsters will keep showing the goofs, even though they were fixed long ago.)

And yours is baseless and paranoid.

CRs "masters" are their subscribers. They take no advertising money and pay for everything they test.

They've been instrumental in finding (and getting corrected) significant product and safety flaws in a slew of products- including cars- going back decades

That incudes finding the Model 3 ABS bug- for which Elon explicitly thanked them- and as noted resulted in great positive press by being able to fix it via an OTA instead of a physical recall.

CR released their annual car ratings. In the same 1 month period they've released them every year going back at least a decade or more.

But somehow it's a conspiracy to suit some nebulous "masters"?

Not EVERYTHING is a vast global conspiracy against your personal interests.

A message this country desperately, desperately, needs right now.
CR being incentivized to support those who cooperate with their business model isn't a "vast global conspiracy", it's a flavor of what we've been seeing up close for years. Same reason CNBC supports their advertisers and sells time to hedge funds.

Traditional print organizations are hanging on by a thread. They'll become more and more willing to take money as they near the end. That's just natural.