Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch.. 40 cars done, 329960 cars to go..

EeZfoxnXkAEQUD4

https://twitter.com/teslaP3D/status/1289823502657355776?s=20
The scary part here is it seems this takes a lot of time per car, otherwise what would be the point of the table. I've done full reinstall of 30 PC's with about a 3GB image and that takes what an hour per PC. How much code is there on there, that needs to be updated and HOW long does it take??

Re growth v short-term profits

$TSLA is up 8300% since the IPO a little more than 10 years ago — the best performing large stock of the decade.

Seems like smart shareholders should recognize that optimizing for growth instead of short-term profits not only serves the mission but is in their financial best interest.

Faster growth means costs fall faster and ICE sales are conquered faster while making it that much harder for potential competitors to try to catch up.

Tesla growing at ludicrous speed maximizes benefits to both the planet and long-term investors.

Musk said at least 200,000 customers have put down refundable $100 deposits for the Cybertruck since the company started taking them in November.

I’m surprised Elon said such a low reservation count. I thought we were closer to 750k. Or maybe since they are only planning on selling in N/A, the ~200k is for north America only.

Could be an error By the author. The article also says the “glass is billed as bulletproof” which it was not. Only the body. The glass is stronger than regular automotive glass but never said the glass was bulletproof to my knowledge.

Last edited:
I'm sure Starlink are at least working on some prototype equipment for Starlink to function on them. And of course, with anything airplane related, you have a lot of certifications to go through. So... "for now"... it's stationary only.
Already undergoing trials by the US Air Force, last year:

SpaceX's Starlink will be tested during a live-fire U.S. Air Force exercise

"The Air Force program known as Global Lightening tested Starlink internet last year. Starlink terminals were fixed to the cockpit of a C-12J Huron twin-engine turboprop military airplane, they beamed encrypted internet from space. Program officials said the tests have demonstrated significantly higher Internet connection and data-transfer rates than what Air Force aircraft can currently receive. The Starlink broadband network demonstrated high-speed internet connectivity of 610 megabits per-second, equivalent to a gigabyte every ~13 seconds.

"That provides them with faster access to live video, weather, and other data while in flight combat mode. Some of the data could involve signal from sensors to detect threats. In December, the Air Force tested Starlink, and the exercise was a success, with SpaceX Starlink satellites used to link to a Lockheed Martin (LMT) AC-130 gunship aircraft."​

Where is s&p and moody's? Does this warrant at least several notches of downgrade?

Ford's plan to defer government loan payments a 'concerning sign'
Ford Motor Co. confirmed Friday that it sought and won permission from the U.S. Department of Energy to defer debt payments owed for a 2009 government loan.

The action is viewed as "worrisome" to an expert who closely follows bankruptcy trends.

Regulatory documents filed by Ford showed the company owes payments of $591 million in 2020, $591 million in 2021 and $289 million in 2022.

"The fact that Ford Motor Co., a multibillion dollar organization, finds it necessary to defer loan payments of that size would be a concerning sign to their investors," said Charles Elson, director of the Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware.

Elon upsetting Egypt now :D

Egypt tells Musk pyramids were not built by aliens

Egypt tells Elon Musk its pyramids were not built by aliens

Egypt has invited billionaire Elon Musk to visit the country and see for himself that its famous pyramids were not built by aliens.

The SpaceX boss had tweeted what appeared to be support for conspiracy theorists who say aliens were involved in the colossal construction effort.

But Egypt's international co-operation minister does not want them taking any of the credit.

Elon upsetting Egypt now :D

Egypt tells Musk pyramids were not built by aliens

Egypt tells Elon Musk its pyramids were not built by aliens

Egypt has invited billionaire Elon Musk to visit the country and see for himself that its famous pyramids were not built by aliens.

The SpaceX boss had tweeted what appeared to be support for conspiracy theorists who say aliens were involved in the colossal construction effort.

But Egypt's international co-operation minister does not want them taking any of the credit.
What a life. Make a joke on twitter and get a VIP trip to a world wonder.

thank you for your kind words. Let me clarify: I wouldn’t have bought Apple stock if I didn’t recognize its value. I guess my question was/is would you trade it for Tesla or just hold it there to have along with Tesla (I’m still buying Tesla as I work/earn). Thank you! :)

I sold my AAPL last week (before the hike.....) and put it all in TSLA (before the drop...). The smart people told me not to time the market.