TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Sofie

Sofie Member

Yeah that’s what I was planning, I mean what else would I buy? I have everything I need. Hmmm....well thank you so so much for your story and your advice. I’m still figuring it all out but I learn more from others and asking questions more than anything.
    I’m a pharmacist and when I got my second job at a hospital in town, there were two older pharmacists who, all February and March of this year kept telling me “Sophia buy TSLA stock. You work so much, you need to put your money to work. TSLA will make you rich.” I never took them seriously until one day, walking into work, it hit me. Everything I was doing to save money and put it in the bank for “later” or to pay cash for a house no longer made any sense. I dumped all my savings into TSLA and a couple months later, here we are. :)

• Like x 8
    • Love x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. BlackS

BlackS Member

You can pay cash for your house (mansion) later on down the road when TSLA is $10k/share :) Plus, your cash in the bank isn't earning you anything. Will TSLA have down days? of course, but you are investing in the future and its innovation. Bottom line, a lot of people think TSLA's stock is expensive, however, just wait till it reaches its full potential....Game over :)

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  3. Words of HABIT

SpaceX most definitely has an impact on Tesla, from marketing, to technology, to materials, to awesome prowness.

SpaceX
    currently expects to send its first cargo mission to Mars in 2022
    , a human mission mooted for 2024. Excitingly, Musk believes that his ITS ship will eventually be able to manage the Earth to Marsjourney in just 30 days.

SpaceX is making amazing progress on their Starships build out (undated photo).
    Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 9.18.44 PM.png

Coming back from Georgian Bay, 2 hours North of Toronto, this weekend, I did a double take and thought SpaceX had put up a stealth manufacturing plant for Starships in Canada. But alas, only a field of my dreams.
    Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 9.20.36 PM.png

• Funny x 14
  4. Sofie

Sofie Member

Yep! Exactly on point!!!
    (Imagine having to clean a mansion though... hmmm:p)

• Funny x 2
  5. MC3OZ

MC3OZ Active Member

I've written War & Peace on what Tesla growing at Max-Q might look like here:- Gigafactory locations and products

My main point is any perceived constraints can be overcome by pragmatic thinking and a smart strategy..

Humans are good at perceiving problems... Elon and Tesla are good at finding solutions...

• Informative x 2
  6. StealthP3D

StealthP3D Well-Known Member

Does that mean if TSLA outperforms AAPL 10 to 1 you will punch him in the face instead?

7. BlackS

BlackS Member

We do not condone violence here on TMC....but i will punch myself in the face if it does :) because that would mean i will be F*** U rich!

• Funny x 5
    • Love x 1
  8. Sofie

Sofie Member

Oh no worries! 100% conviction in TSLA for sure. I just wasn’t sure whether to sell my 25 Apple shares and buy more TSLA now (my goal is 500 shares) or keep my APPL and just buy TSLA weekly as I have been doing. I was just telling BlackS my story of how I started with TSLA ;)

9. Sofie

Sofie Member

Lol... nope just happy to hear another opinion about holding both Apple (only 25 shares) and TSLA (my biggest position of course).

10. JustSaying

JustSaying Supporting Member

"Nils Bohlin, an engineer at Volvo, invented the three-point seat belt in 1959. The 1950s were a time when pilots and racing drivers wore harnesses, but seatbelts – where they were fitted in cars – took the form of a rudimentary two-point waist restraint. In crashes, sometimes these did more harm than good.

The reason the three-point seatbelt is so widely adopted is actually because Volvo opened up the patent so that any car manufacturer could use it in their design. They decided that the invention was so significant, it had more value as a free life saving tool than something to profit from.

Volvo’s managing director Alan Dessell is quoted as saying: “The decision to release the three-point seat belt patent was visionary and in line with Volvo’s guiding principle of safety.”

My Dad was VP of manufacturing at American Safety in the early 60's (they make seatbelts mostly for airplanes and later for cars)
    I remember he had a prototype 3 point drivers side seat belt in our 1963 Dodge station wagon and my friends would ask me if he was a "race car diver")

• Like x 8
    • Informative x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  11. Buckminster

Buckminster Active Member

I'm going to loose my sugar if any more Telsa fans refer to Apple stock as APPL....

• Funny x 18
    • Love x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. UnknownSoldier

UnknownSoldier Unknown Member

What about the people who think Telsa's actual stock ticker is TLSA, and every time something happens to TSLA there is a corresponding pop in TLSA?

You can probably play TLSA for quick gains because of this phenomenon, now that I think about it. I don't even know what company TLSA is.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. Singuy

Singuy Active Member

You do realize that publications still need to gain the rights to every photo they publish via signing agreements or purchasing them. They can't just publish a random photo from some random video

14. Buckminster

So TSLA didn't get announced for inclusion within a few days of the 10k. I always look on the positive side. I haven't tried short term calls for sometime - keep getting burnt using them and now the stakes are much higher. However, the later down the line, the increased likelihood of it happening within a 2 week window. I might look to buy a 2 week call in 1 week if we don't get announced by then. What could possibly go wrong?

• Funny x 2
  15. Skryll

Skryll Member

Are they close to Freemont ?

• Funny x 11
  16. woodisgood

woodisgood It's walnut, beech

While we’re on the subject of deliberate coinky-dinks, there are “TSLA” yoga pants on Amazon which my wife seems to like.

17. BlackS

BlackS Member

You win....wanted to see if anyone would catch that :)

• Funny x 2
  18. Quesder

Quesder Member

OT... sorry but I got to ask here because I know that you guys are great and trustable.
    I am thinking to invest heavily (100k+) on High distribution MLP , such as Energy Transfer, because I want to have quarterly cashflow instead of buy-and-hold and live a poor life. I heard that the distribution is basically tax free unless you sell one day. If you die and your children inherit it, there is still no tax. (based on this Video)
    Do I miss any possible risk? is it too good to be true?

19. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Active Member

Tesla's mission is pretty explicit. Nothing there about profits. Profits are at best a by-product. Any time there is a choice between putting more people into EV's faster on the one hand, and profits on the other hand, Tesla will choose the former if at all possible.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. Buckminster

Oops, I have used Freemont 24 times out of 1335 times total on this board.

I have used Fremont 35 times out of 26635 times total on this board.

Mental note; don't throw glass at stone houses.

• Funny x 5
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1