Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.23.50 AM.png

Erörterungstermin ab 23. September | MLUK

I though building permits were a done deal? cc @avoigt

It was posted yesterday but surprisingly few commented. There is also a thread on this subject here:

TeraFactory Austin Texas Preliminary Build Schedule --- Substantial completion ****

Another interesting milestone is dry factories by New Years. So roofs and walls. And they can start putting delicate machinery inside safe from weather issues.

As for the competition between countries - I think the first Model 3 rolled out of Giga Shanghai 9 months after the first work was done on the site. And if May 1st holds then Texas will have used 10 months or so.
Yep. But the Austin site was a *sugar* hole to build on. I seriously hope all the ground work is what the owner is paying to have done since Tesla seems to have overpaid for the property by a multiple.

Yep. But the Austin site was a *sugar* hole to build on. I seriously hope all the ground work is what the owner is paying to have done since Tesla seems to have overpaid for the property by a multiple.

Then May 1st is the plan. And Shanghai made the first car much ahead of the plan. So who knows when the first car is made in Texas? :D

I have been arguing with the folks on the Cybertruck groups on FB that we will probably see deliveries begin late 21. This lines right up with that.
Arguing with folks on FB = Losing proposition.....:) That's why i avoid those groups like a plague...unless of course im in the mood for some short lived humor. There's always WSB for that.

• Funny
Reactions: Nocturnal
Who gives a care? You do realize the costs involved for groundwork are miniscule compared to what the Austin GF will become, right?

So why aren't we at $1000/share. I'd be so much happier. No wait...
$1650.1650165/share. Then I will be officially teslanaire.
So best guess when are we going to have 3x'ed from here?
OT
If the truth is told I felt like a Teslanaire when the SP was $500. At that SP I had money left over after I bought everything I could think of.... and I was reframing my brain, trying to figure out what to do with MORE money.
Tesla really has provided me with insight into myself.
About 20 years ago I was the object of a practical joke. All set up by my ex-wife's family ( I loved her family. She was the problem.).
Her Uncle had found some fake scratch off lottery tickets where every ticket "won" $25,000. He brought one to the White Elephant Xmas gift exchange. it was common for at least one person to put scratch off tickets in the prize pile. They conspired to make sure at the end I got it.
He had put one in the office White Elephant gift exchange and the person that got it became extremely mad when they were informed it was fake So they thought it would be fun to tape me getting pissed.
But when I won, and then told I actually didn't I was so happy about it. They were upset I wasn't mad. I told them I couldn't be. Everyone tells you what they would do if they were to win $25,000 from a scratch off lottery ticket, But I got to actually FEEL what it felt like to win. For a few minutes I didn't have to imagine. It was as real as it gets. I had to figure out what to get... It was going to be a new truck with my old truck as a trade in.
And when Tesla was at $500/share I started being able to feel like the world was my oyster. I could buy a small piece of bottom land, and put a tiny home on it, AND get a tricked-out cybertrck. And live a leisurely life till I died...
So... come on $500/share... gimme that warm soft secure feeling again. maybe for good.

Last edited:
40% will do nicely.

But there is nothing wrong with shooting for 65% Or even 69% :D
I think 30% is more realistic. But that's 30% of the following businesses:
- automotive companies, including suppliers, repair shops, dealerships, and insurers
- energy producing companies
- electric utilities
- roofing producers and installers
- others they haven't done yet, like home HVAC

As well, they might go into the machine learning data amalgamation and training business, which could be their equivalent of Amazon's AWS.

Of course with their continuing emphasis on cost control and efficiency, they might end up like Apple and have a smaller percentage of the business but 90% of the profits.

So why aren't we at $1000/share. I'd be so much happier. No wait...
$1650.1650165/share. Then I will be officially teslanaire.
So best guess when are we going to have 3x'ed from here?

$1650 is 4x from here ;) If I had to guess, I'd say we hit that end of 2023, but I'm always hopelessly optimistic.

By coincidence, $1650 (dependent on current exchange rates) is a sweet figure for me too, I'll just have squeezed into decateslanaire status! Although, not really, as being British, it only counts in Pounds!