Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He said that in this live link..i do not have the exact time but it's definitely worth watching. He is so excited about Tesla's advancements, he even said 2030 is the end of ICE.

For sure, that said I think we'll know who's coming along for the ride by 2025. ICE may be dead in 2030, but we'll know who's made advancements in battery factories etc. by then. So far they all appear to be dead men walking. But maybe 1-2 will wise up.

I was not able to upload image to my previous post so here it is for those people who scan through without clicking:

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.55.51 AM.png

https://twitter.com/YingShirleyMen1/status/1126781819074965504?s=20

There are so many positive ways that Tesla is transforming the world both seen and unseen. It makes me proud to be an investor.

tesla hacked? or just a network outage?

edit: it’s back already. was unable to connect and saw a bunch of stories (attached)

putin’s henchmen? :rolleyes:

just speculation...but i bring it up because many have been trying ‘credential stuffing’ in recent attacks, which i think is a type of ddos..
akamai website has some info on this. if anyone is interested

Attachments

• CBC2253F-88BE-4395-ABD1-77C02DF78203.jpeg
    CBC2253F-88BE-4395-ABD1-77C02DF78203.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lessmog and jerry33
I can't help thinking about the advantages of having a pack closer to center of the car on a track. Rotation of the vehicle would take less tread off the tires so a corner recovery or setup might be advantageous, IDK. Any race car drivers out there? How much of the time is attributed to pure juice vs vehicle weight distribution. Obviously a lighter pack would help but the concept of batteries in the center vs across the skateboard is fascinating!

Lol, all those TSLA competitors showing off their skateboard designs, and now a big skateboard is a bad thing. They cannot win.

I'm far from a pro race car driver/engineer, but I have hundreds of track hours and have been pretty deep in the weeds on reading about handling dynamics, so I'll take a brief shot:

The biggest advantages to having a lower, more centralized center of gravity are a lower polar moment of inertia= how quickly a vehicle will change directions, and less weight transfer= all four contact patches of the vehicle doing more work, whether it is in accelerating, braking, or cornering. Where the weight is matters, too, as low and centered means it has less overall impact on these things. Lighter is always better, as any Colin Chapman fan of Lotus fame would attest!

Away from the track, and trying to be a bit more on topic, its impact on future vehicles can mean that Teslas will handle better without an overly high spring rate, which means a more comfortable ride. I.E.= they'll have better "real world" handling that more drivers will tolerate than those of us who sling around cones in parking lots or the smoothness of most road race courses! Probably the biggest benefit though is if you can reduce weight without decreasing energy storage it means you get essentially "free" longer range. Consumables such as tires and brake pads (hardly a concern in a Tesla already) will also go down making a small benefit to overall maintenance costs.

From an investor perspective, it means Teslas packs will make the car more desirable while also decreasing their manufacturing costs, and it hardly gets better than that!

ugly price today
on the contrary, I think it's super bullish. Remember B Day is over. IV is getting crushed. Supposedly TSLA been riding the hype-train since June. Market is red AF. And we're down less than 10%. D Bank and G Sach are leading the way to upgrade PT. 8 days till Q3 P&D.
I bought back the shares I sold last night. It doesn't feel right not betting the farm on TSLA.

lol this guy just makes a fool of himself again and again. Good on Andrew to call his BS. Move to 4:20 for the good part, yes 4:20 :). So Gordon which one is it? Demand or supply?

Does Gordon think Tesla hasn’t locked up contracts for batteries for some time now compared to many of the other mfgrs who didn’t even have big plans for EVs? I think next year this guy will have a big awakening.

As to all these EVs that he expects to be in production and selling next year, VW learned with the stalled ID3 sales that a software system isn’t all that easy to assemble working with the car.