Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "refresh" was my reason for them not having a Plaid S on stage last night.
IMO Not having a plaid S on stage was because they are serious about making batteries cheaper, and need alot of them. Not spending time and expense on a halo product. Having a 25k model in three years, means they should all ready have the design done.

My prediction ;)
upload_2020-9-23_9-35-8.png

But Ives boils down investor dismay to one catalyst: "They didn't announce a million mile battery, ... where there was high anticipation they would announce that," says Ives

The only thing that they did not announce was something that would have osbourned current tech. That was the secret sauce not shared right now.

Not to mention increased charging speed. 6x power = should be an improvement at superchargers as well. They didn't say "oh yeah you can charge in 5-10 min now". Limited by cable cooling at this point, no?

Reactions: elasalle
Sold some $385p for 10/30 to the dumbasses. Such a juicy premium. There will definitely be another run up into earnings. I’ll sell some more puts if the stock gets closer to $330

sold Oct 30 420 put, $70 premium

Wow these are great lol, thanks for posting, I just sold a Oct 30 400 put for 58.50. I also bought a few Jan 22 LEAPS(600 strike for 86.50). Market typically needs a weekend to digest any major Tesla news.

The guy does not understand what he himself is saying, LOL!
He says: Tesla has 25% market share of EVs, so that is going to fall because nobody in car industry has more than 10% market share. He also says that currently EVs are only 2% of total car market but it is growing.
Yet, he questions Tesla's growth potential...
Let me add his 2 viewpoints together (just like ARK invest did) for the next 10 year outlook:
+ Assume Tesla's EV market share drops to 10%
+ EV share of total car sales goes to 100%
= Tesla total market share of total cars goes from current 0.5% (25% of 2%) to 10%, or 20x growth!

Now, add to that what ARK has already realized: Tesla market share of EVs is not dropping but growing due to their technology being ahead of competition by 5-10 years and that delta is not shrinking but growing because they innovate faster (see battery day reveal), so in reality it will probably be more than 20x, possible 60x growth.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. We should share the quotes from Bob Galyen as well. Bob does not think Tesla is significantly ahead of other battery manufacturers; just thinks Elon and Tesla are significantly more forthcoming about their research and plans.

Bob's flawed logic is he views batteries like Gordon J. does - a silo.

Tesla's strength is integrating not just more advanced cells, but everything from the top to the bottom of the auto design.

Even if other battery manuf's improve upon their cells, which I expect them to do, but not as quickly as Tesla, the OEM is still dependent upon SLOW MOVING 3rd parties to improve the rest of their car designs.

Bob's argument, is narrow-minded, and flawed.

Bob's flawed logic is he views batteries like Gordon J. does - a silo.

Tesla's strength is integrating not just more advanced cells, but everything from the top to the bottom of the auto design.

Even if other battery manuf's improve upon their cells, which I expect them to do, but not as quickly as Tesla, the OEM is still dependent upon SLOW MOVING 3rd parties to improve the rest of their car designs.

Bob's argument, is narrow-minded, and flawed.

To be clear, I agree 100%. But we are doing this forum a disservice by at least not sharing and/or discussing his view.