Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
733CB57C-9284-4E99-BF99-7676F216D891.jpeg
Two tweets. Shorts get KTFO

Hoping for a 42-45K starting price. Tesla can always take that lower in the future but please don't set yourself up to repeat the Model 3 35k price situation Elon There will still be lots of people wanting to reserve at a 45k price and it just makes the model 3 35k value even more apparent.
Make much sense to price MY higher, M3 need to be priced aggressively to gauge/attract demand.

MY doesn’t have to, all they need to do is make it gorgeous so people would be willing to spend the extra, they they can gradually introduce lower trim when margin becomes too high.

Edit:
Elon Musk on Twitter
Model Y, being an SUV, is about 10% bigger than Model 3, so will cost about 10% more & have slightly less range for same battery
So I am already wrong, Elon is in killer mode, ICE OEMs will have hell of a week of meetings.

Last edited:
Hoping for a 42-45K starting price. Tesla can always take that lower in the future but please don't set yourself up to repeat the Model 3 35k price situation Elon There will still be lots of people wanting to reserve at a 45k price and it just makes the model 3 35k value even more apparent.

I think he will say the SR option will come out later (probably 2021) than the P/LR/etc options will.

Also, what do you guys think the over/under is on the truck being revealed too? :cool:

Reactions: Artful Dodger