Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $391.78
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $233.17
What is your methodology for calculating these numbers? Meaning, how do you deal with days when there is no trading? Where do you get the number of outstanding shares from? Do you handle the final day of September specially, or are you using a fixed number of days? And do you know whether your method is the same as what is specified in Elon's compensation plan?

Yeah if you really think TSLA will hit 5T market cap, that's 13X current market cap of 379B. So even if you have 'only' $75K in Tesla stock now, multiply that by 13X and you're a Teslanaire.
That's assuming one buys and holds. Very few people on this board have the discipline and serenity to do nothing. Most here are gamblers.

Right now is a good example of maxpain potentially being in play. Nasdaq continues higher. Tesla for some reason has stalled its climb in between 400 and 405 and is happy to bounce around in that region. If Nasdaq continues higher for the remainder of today and TSLA stays in this range, one might presume that significant resources were spent capping TSLA. If those resources were of the MM shorting variety, one might expect some strong buying on Monday. This is one mechanism that often leads to TSLA "moon Mondays," often amplified by some tweet or news coming out over the weekend.
Exactly what Ive been joking about for many Mondays. I felt the force eod. Coiling up.

I think $1T will sneak up on us quick. $10T somewhere in 2030-2035.
upload_2020-9-25_23-44-58.png

I’m finally behind the wheel of a Tesla again! No name yet, but here she is:

404B0F2F-7CAA-4B6D-A371-43D015322D6B.jpeg

What a wonderful automobile - I still can’t find words. Much better than my 2016 S75 was, also cheaper, also with more range and space.

Tonight my 16mth old admired the little car in the phone app, and I told him I was updating the car and it showed it was at 40%.

Then it dawned on me how much work that takes for a legacy automaker to provide the same experience...

I’m finally behind the wheel of a Tesla again! No name yet, but here she is:

View attachment 592370

What a wonderful automobile - I still can’t find words. Much better than my 2016 S75 was, also cheaper, also with more range and space.

Tonight my 16mth old admired the little car in the phone app, and I told him I was updating the car and it showed it was at 40%.

Then it dawned on me how much work that takes for a legacy automaker to provide the same experience...

congrats!!! Beautiful car!

now pls go do a drone shoot around Fremont and kato, thanks!

Forgive me if already posted. This E for Electric interview with Sandy Munro is the best one I've seen yet explaining the benefits of the Battery Day presentation...a must watch. Sandy is gushing with excitement.
I for one do expect Elon to pull a rabbit from his butt.
In unrelated news, 4680 is a big can.

post this in the right thread please
Landing rockets on a barge is also highly unlikely. Nevermind the same rocket five times.

What IS highly likely is, that after such claims Tesla made an army of doubters and skeptics tells you, this is not gonna work. Because of course, they couldn’t make it work. So nobody can. Sounds about right.

Do you really think Tesla plans such an event and makes such claims if they are not already at least 90% there?

„We do the impossible now, wonders take a bit longer.“ — Tesla

Did my part for Q3. Should be ready by Sept 29th:

View attachment 592398

Yeah, trading in our Blue Model 3 LR with 19" wheels and FSD with 28,300 miles. Early enough VIN to have the rare, desirable Alcantra headliner, but panel gaps are actually very good on this vehicle. Also has free premium connectivity forever.

Congratulations! I'm picking up a Model Y on Monday. Excited!