Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect Trump to try to influence the Electorate to vote him in, claiming he was treated unfairly and there was fraud in the election. I don't know how much, if any, that will impact the market and TSLA, but I anticipate the election drama to continue into mid December

There's 0% chance of Trump being able to influence the Electorate. They're required by law to vote according to the numbers in their state. While Trump can try and make noise with the Supreme Court, that is his ONLY avenue of trying anything. If he ends up losing GA, PA, AZ, and NV, even by slim margins, there's no way the Supreme court is going to intervene. It's beyond silly to think the same exact fraud happened in multiple states and even more silly to say there's unique fraud in each sate. He can't influence the counties that are counting, the state election committees, or the Electorates.

This should be pretty apparent by now because Trump's been crying fraud for 2 straight days now and he's been completely ignored by officials.

I expect Trump to try to influence the Electorate to vote him in, claiming he was treated unfairly and there was fraud in the election. I don't know how much, if any, that will impact the market and TSLA, but I anticipate the election drama to continue into mid December

I'm an outsider, but the US election system looks robust to me.

Votes will be counted and Biden probably declared the winner.

The we will have court cases and recounts, I don't expect court cases or recounts to substantially change the result.

Trump needs money to keep fighting court cases, the only thing I'm not 100% sure of is how long he can drag it out.
But they need some evidence, as court cases with no substantial evidence don't last long..
To give evidence, people need to stand up and swear allegations under oath in court, but found out lying to the court doesn't usually end well. Yes the system isn't perfect, and there might be minor mistakes here and there, the courts might strike out a handful of votes.

If some Trump supporters react violently, that is a criminal matter, hopefully US law enforcement is on top of the task at hand.

Sure short term trading is full of uncertainty, but I am not seeing a strong case for lingering uncertainty.

As the presidential result does seem to worry the market one way or the other.. So it would need to drag on a long time to be an issue,

Umm the math?

Tesla is selling 12X the vehicles that Nio is selling on a monthly basis

Isn't that exactly the argument, but with Tesla in Nios position, that people kept using for why it's stupid Tesla is worth more than Toyota?

I mean Toyota will sell roughly 20x the vehicles Tesla does in 2020, right?

Clearly gross sales isn't a useful measure for market cap here.

Philadelphia is dragging it's feet a bit, likely trying to make sure they have a good view of everything before they announce. Also doesn't hurt that technically ballots can still arrive and be counted up through tomorrow. If there's any uncertainty whatsoever, they'll wait til tomorrow to get each and every vote possible into this dump.

All that being said, there should be about 100k+ buffer for Biden as it stands right now. Don't see any reason both PA and NV won't be called for Biden tonight.

"You can't litigate math. You can indict a ham sandwich if you want, but you're not going to get very far." - Pennsylvania lieutenant governor John Fetterman

Philadelphia is dragging it's feet a bit, likely trying to make sure they have a good view of everything before they announce. Also doesn't hurt that technically ballots can still arrive and be counted up through tomorrow. If there's any uncertainty whatsoever, they'll wait til tomorrow to get each and every vote possible into this dump.

All that being said, there should be about 100k+ buffer for Biden as it stands right now. Don't see any reason both PA and NV won't be called for Biden tonight.

Are NV votes expected tonight? For some reason I thought a new drop of votes will be tomorrow morning

OT
as far as litigating math, from the quote at the bottom of your post...and with regards to all those crying foul. it would be easier to dismiss those calls if PA didn’t have such a history of corruption. obviously it occurs everywhere. but having grown up in the most corrupt area of PA, just saying,
i’m used to trying to defend or, in other cases, questioning myself what is really going on.
in this case, it’s looking more and more likely that biden cleanly gets pa, ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’
but we’ll see.

He has a big set of donations planned for environmental causes and maybe some Blue Origin. I think there is about a 2 billion plan. Maybe investing in Tesla is right?

And, small thinker that I am, I had been under the impression that this fluke Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.57.08 AM.png was the prime motive force for the Infinite Improbability Drive.

OT
as far as litigating math, from the quote at the bottom of your post...and with regards to all those crying foul. it would be easier to dismiss those calls if PA didn’t have such a history of corruption. obviously it occurs everywhere. but having grown up in the most corrupt area of PA, just saying,
i’m used to trying to defend or, in other cases, questioning myself what is really going on.
in this case, it’s looking more and more likely that biden cleanly gets pa, ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’
but we’ll see.
I'm not sure what all that's supposed to mean. Everywhere is corrupt, elections in PA(and most states) are absurdly transparent. Now more than ever with our paper ballot backup for recounts.

Starting to look like PA will go to Biden without Philadelphia even dumping their mega-batch of mail-in result. Maybe that's the angle, don't be the one to do it. Let Centre County mail-ins be the last straw for better optics.

I'm an outsider, but the US election system looks robust to me.

Votes will be counted and Biden probably declared the winner.

The we will have court cases and recounts, I don't expect court cases or recounts to substantially change the result.

Trump needs money to keep fighting court cases, the only thing I'm not 100% sure of is how long he can drag it out.
But they need some evidence, as court cases with no substantial evidence don't last long..
To give evidence, people need to stand up and swear allegations under oath in court, but found out lying to the court doesn't usually end well. Yes the system isn't perfect, and there might be minor mistakes here and there, the courts might strike out a handful of votes.

If some Trump supporters react violently, that is a criminal matter, hopefully US law enforcement is on top of the task at hand.

Sure short term trading is full of uncertainty, but I am not seeing a strong case for lingering uncertainty.

As the presidential result does seem to worry the market one way or the other.. So it would need to drag on a long time to be an issue,

DT has been calling out fraud.
Speaking of illegal votes.
Here in Canada, how he is depicted on the media as incidiary and non presidential.

but the market seems to be unresponsive to the DT diatribes from the allegedly illegal votes. He will be heading out the same way he has run his presidency.

TSLA to $500 with the EV incentives back with Biden.

Has anyone been able to order the tequila in New York? The site tells me they can't deliver to my zip code but NY is listed as eligible for delivery.

Sorry for the OT question but this is important :D

I tried using my Apple Pay at first and it includes the extra 4 zip code digits and it said it was not an eligible zip code. I then manually filled in my information and used the standard 6 digit zip code number and it worked without issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tim S