Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Full Self Driving CAPABILITY" - As far as I know, Tesla strips existing FSD off every car that goes through their hands.
Actually, it 'does' include FSD. If you look at all the Model 3's all FSD is included and some Model S only have autopilot and no FSD. I just chatted with a sales person and they confirmed FSD is included if it says Full Self-Driving Capability.

Actually, it 'does' include FSD. If you look at all the Model 3's all FSD is included and some Model S only have autopilot and no FSD. I just chatted with a sales person and they confirmed FSD is included if it says Full Self-Driving Capability.

This is correct.

I expect there are going to be some really great deals on 100D's that are coming back off 24-36 month leases.

Like many here I think the SP should be higher, easily >$500, but what we've seen for two months is monster manipulations. MMs/hedgies know S&P inclusion is coming, they know TSLA is the best quality stock out there, and we've had a major run up this year, so they're going to churn and burn through as many dumb day traders as they can as they patiently wait for the next major catalyst like FSD or S&P announcement.
But is it? The MM's/Hedge Funds make huge profits manipulating TSLA. With the attitude exhibited by the S&P comments when TSLA wasn't admitted coupled with the loss in profits by the Street, I don't see inclusion happening anytime soon.

ETA: Regarding the S&P's holier than thou attitude. They can go Bleep themselves.

Last edited:
Price action not too surprising - there is a massive rotation out of growth stocks & stay-at-home stocks today into the stocks that have been heavily hit during Covid: Retail/travel/etc. The Nasdaq is down 1% as most of tech gets sold off, TSLA included.
Yup, fun times. While the world is celebrating this stock rally, my portfolio sets 20k on fire per hour..lol

Offloaded my 20th Nov c300's today, which I'd bought back when the SP was around $1385 in July. 3x the original cost which isn't bad, but could and should have been better.

I also sold my 336 trading shares. I need $200k in December for completing the house purchase and I decided with all the ongoing uncertainties, better to have the cash on hand. Looks like Mr President isn't going to give up soon, and with C19 ramping up, happy to de-risk.

Good news is that I haven't sold a sing core-share, and I'm doing all I can to not to - that's why I want the IV to pick up, so I can start selling covered calls and get some free wonga.
I went the other direction and increased my risk by buying trading shares for the first time ever a little while back at $382.

I plan to sell them in the not too distant future to close on a disused 1958 log cabin (of what appears to be old growth cedar. It’s a small Pan Abode cabin: Pan Abode Cedar Homes) that I will restore and rent.

However, my strategy is less risky than it appears, imho. Here’s why:

I’ve lived many places in the US and interacted with people at different socioeconomic levels in my life. I understand what people on the many sides are trying to express with their sometimes less than articulate statements — and, perhaps more importantly, can ignore the words that the uncharitable would put in each other’s mouths.

I also have considerable confidence in our system of governance with good reason I believe.

So I am unmoved by the tearing of hair and rending of garments. I am quite sanguine about the stability of the country and markets despite occasional bouts of drama.

If I’m wrong, I may have to dip into my core shares.

This is an investment and also a project I will enjoy: It is not my primary dwelling.

If I am very wrong, I will walk away from the deal losing my earnest money and wait for the SP to recover. This is a slow close of 90 days. I’m guessing that the SPoon might bend in early December, but not really counting on it. (The recent S&P survey posted up thread and today’s walk down boost my confidence of this though).

I am personally more comfortable leveraging real estate than using margin for stock. Seems a shame to waste the opportunity for cheap money the Fed is offering, too.

As an aside to those who have asked about other investments besides Tesla, I will point out that I am investing in what I consider quality real estate (the cabin sits on a property that is rather nicely situated). I will also point out that, as with my Tesla investment, I have and continue to put in the effort necessary to understand what I am doing.

Not advice.

TSLA generally goes down on good news, down on bad news, and up on no news. I just keep all my life savings safely invested in TSLA and don't worry about it.

It’s difficult for some of us HODLers that don’t do options. You see positive macros, so-called competition in the green, and Tesla in the red for no good reason. I think we can withstand FUD better than the old days, but the manipulation is tough. I guess this is what separates the weak longs from those of us dedicated to HODL. Grin and bear it my friends - we will be rewarded.

Can totally see Tesla Apron as a merchandise product. Imo this is how Tesla should play with competition, make silly jokes about what the other companies are saying about Tesla. Thus Tesla get’s all the attention even when journalists are talking with other companies.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"

"First you ignore their half-measures, then you laugh at them with memes, then you have cracking financials, then you win the mission"