Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mail

Our records show that you own, or previously owned, a Model S/X that was built before March 2018. It may be eligible for Tesla’s Warranty Adjustment Program covering malfunction of a memory chip (embedded MultiMediaCard). This malfunction may result in a blank or intermittently blank touchscreen but will not impact the ability to drive your car.
Tesla is providing eligible owners who experience a malfunction no-cost repairs to this part at any Tesla Service Center for 8 years/100k miles from initial delivery date. If you do not experience a malfunction, there’s no need to take action.
If you have already paid for repairs that meet the conditions of the program, you may be eligible for reimbursement. Tesla will send reimbursement details and eligibility by February 2021.
To learn more about the program and its terms and conditions, please click the link below.

I haven't experienced this problem yet, but I'm glad that Tesla is finally addressing it properly.

Not work from home, but stay at home and buy without going to a dealership. But all of this is noise anyway - Tesla is going to have an absolute monster 4th quarter.
After 3rd quarter, who's honestly expecting a whole lot to happen?

At this point, I think only FSD becoming real and fully autonomous soon will move TSLA again. Turns out after a 10x gain in a year, stocks really do stop and take a break. The last break was from 2014 to 2019, let's hope this one isn't as long.

Yup, fun times. While the world is celebrating this stock rally, my portfolio sets 20k on fire per hour..lol
My only stocks up are 2 Cruise Lines I wanted to sell yesterday to buy more TSLA. CCL and NCLH are up 35% today because I didn’t have time to place my order yesterday to sell them at market opening.

My world is upside down.

Last edited:
Soliciting timeline opinions...

Limited release FSD Beta is out. Results are impressive IMO. Limited release expanding to wide release possible end of 2020. Tesla will continue to improve and identify edge cases for XX months (technicality forever), but Dojo won't come online until 2021Q4. Is Dojo simply accelerate improvement of the NN? What will Dojo offer that we don't have already? Since Dojo isn't ready until 2021Q4, are we just moving from 75% to 90% reliability without it over the next year and then Dojo just starts marching the 9's ? So FSD being certified best case is sometime 2022? 2023?

But is it? The MM's/Hedge Funds make huge profits manipulating TSLA. With the attitude exhibited by the S&P comments when TSLA wasn't admitted coupled with the loss in profits by the Street, I don't see inclusion happening anytime soon.

ETA: Regarding the S&P's holier than thou attitude. They can go Bleep themselves.
Yes, I think it's more likely than not that there'll be an S&P inclusion announcement for Tesla at some point in the future. I agree with you, I don't think it'll happen soon though. I read somewhere that Etsy had 13 positive quarters before they were included in the S&P. I realize Etsy isn't Tesla, but I'm just saying I'm expecting a delay.

But oh well, whatever happens happens...

• Informative
Reactions: FireMedic
I haven't experienced this problem yet, but I'm glad that Tesla is finally addressing it properly.

I did not receive the email. I did pay $2500 to replace a failed mcu and then started experiencing that exact problem on thr replacement mcu1 (asked for mcu2, did not receive it. ) Tesla service gave me a run around when I brought up the failing replacement. I traded that S in for a Y two weeks ago. Huge fan and I've had many good service experiences but that was a bad one and I don't see an indication that I will be considered in this action.

After 3rd quarter, who's honestly expecting a whole lot to happen?

At this point, I think only FSD becoming real and fully autonomous soon will move TSLA again. Turns out after a 10x gain in a year, stocks really do stop and take a break. The last break was from 2014 to 2019, let's hope this one isn't as long.

Us HODLers would be pretty happy for a repeat of the 5 year break followed by a 10x gain in a year.

I got this email too...wonder how they'll handle those of us that pre-emptively addressed it with the $2,500 MCU upgrade. My S was starting to show early signs of a possible emmc failure and I avoided it with the MCU upgrade.
Exact same boat.
My feeling is this. My MCU chip thingy ( don't know the actual term) was acting flaky. I would get the random center screen freeze and sometimes it was black for a long time after I got in the car.

So while it was occasionally inconvenient....it never stranded me or caused much angst.

So I plan to do nothing. I have a new MCU 2. thingy and now when I sit somewhere I can watch Netflix.
I do not plan on contacting Tesla for anything.

But that is just me.

Since Dojo isn't ready until 2021Q4, are we just moving from 75% to 90% reliability without it over the next year and then Dojo just starts marching the 9's ? So FSD being certified best case is sometime 2022? 2023?

Yes, that is my best guess, Dojo doesn't need to be ready to apply for regulatory approval, but Tesla does need to be on the March of 9s..

Without Dojo progress is slower, if the find edge cases that require additional software development as opposed to NN training then that can proceed Dojo has no impact on that. IMO the next 6-12 months is all about finding this kind of edge case that is probably going from 9x% to 99.y%. If they get to 99.y% by the Dojo time is ready, it is a fast march of 9s after that.

What is 9x% at present? My guess x = 7 so 97%. I also guess 1 year to go from 97% to 99.1%.
These guesses could be wrong, just given my opinion based on what i have seen.in the FSD videos.

To GM, Ford and others suddenly on the EV bandwagon, look at the results from Jan. to July 2020. Time will tell Tesla's lead will grow Quarter after Quarter for the forseeable future, doubling every year on a strong base. Compliance cars need not apply. 2021 will be the infection point for Tesla. TSLA share price will be sure to follow. Patience my friends.

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 7.43.47 PM.png