Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This.

Was the S&P plan. Not a bad plan at all, given their limited options. Can especially do a number on calls. I got some 600 calls that are up 400% since I purchased morning after announcement. Do I take profit? Some? All? Watch them go down to break even only to quadruple again? Watch them go up another 400% as soon as I dump? So much stress!!!!

First world problems....

I tell ya, genius traders can absolutely make a mint over stretches like this. Thousands of percentage points. Wish I qualified...

I do have a hard time seeing low 400s again pre inclusion, but macros could get nuked.

I'd take a 20-50% profit on 400% to be honest. But depends on your goals. And the amounts we're talking about compared to net worth.

So another day, another 5-figures movement in the account.

Decided to put the money to good use. Ordered a used model X that we could use until the Cybertruck is here.

orderteslax.jpg

At about 3:24 the buyer started eating so the MM's started putting higher volumes out there...and they got consumed.
The MM's won the Battle for <500. Tomorrow the war continues.
EDIT: Now that I think about it the MM's were trying for under $494. If they just wanted it at <$500 they'd have quit feeding the buyer sooner. Right?

I think you are wrong the buyer (probably more than one buyer) knows that the MM's want to defend 500. So they manipulate the situation so the the MM keep providing more and more shares. Hence the buyer can obtain the shares they need without increasing the share price.

So tomorrow a possible playing out of events is that the share price is kept near 500, with the buyer only buying dips, thus encouraging the MM's to think they can win the battle for 500 and feed the buyer more shares without increasing the share price. I personally think that there will be too many people greedy for shares that the MM's will not be able to stop the rise.

We're gonna have to fire that Curt guy
No way are we firing Mr. Renz! He's forgotten more than all but a few of us know and a huge asset to the board! Not to mention a nice guy, despite his lack of polka posting today... rest assured, he's got a big one saved up for when the time comes.