Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a time of year when some folks are considering the First 100 Days. Personally, I'll take a moment to savor the Last 100 Days: :D

sc.TSLA.2020-11-19.100-days.png

Cheers to the Longs!

This is a time of year when some folks are considering the First 100 Days. Personally, I'll take a moment to savor the Last 100 Days: :D

View attachment 610042

Cheers to the Longs!
I’m not a TA guy but this is the literal definition of a wedge, the past 3 months were building up towards a breakout and Mission SP-500 was the catalyst for the breakout upwards.

Lots of ha ha’s about this on the board today but I think it should be taken seriously. People buying cars pay attention to this stuff.

JMHO
I don’t honestly think Tesla is at the point where they are aggressively targeting the Boomers who buy cars based on what Consumer Reports says just yet. So Elon is probably safe here. We’ll see what happens first, CR comes around to the fact that Millennials and Zoomers care more about what apps the car has than if the panels are perfectly aligned, or CR fades away into irrelevance like Reader’s Digest, paper maps from AAA, and other things of that era have.

Man, that run-up in August was a thing of beauty.
Yes, it surely was, and long overdue as well. H/T to Hiro and the financial engineers... :D

I think now we run for 10 days until Nov 30 when we expect details on terms of the S&P inclusion mechanism. If the Committee fixes a 'component weight' for TSLA's inclusion to the index at that time, I think the run stalls. Or if overbought, it could reverse.

OTOH, if the weight(s) aren't announced 'til later, the run continues.

Cheers!

Given where SP was pre-split-announcement (Aug 11, ~$280) and where it finally settled to (~$420), do you really think the naked shorting depressed the SP by $140?

I will chime in with a different perspective. When you look back at history of other stock splits can you think of a single company that appreciated > 50% just purely on the news of a stock split and held on to most of those gains for months?

Tesla eventually finds its valuation just not for the reasons most other stocks do. I’m a firm believer in the naked short theory, the proof might just be in the pudding. We will never know for sure.

Given where SP was pre-split-announcement (Aug 11, ~$280) and where it finally settled to (~$420), do you really think the naked shorting depressed the SP by $140?
No, I think the naked shorts suppressed the SP to $85 in March 2020, and to $37 in May 2019.

Do you think the guy on your lawn yelling 'fire' while standing next to your 'For Sale' sign is holding back any potential offers on your House? Or reducing the selling price?

Fitting that they got burnt.

:p

No way are we firing Mr. Renz! He's forgotten more than all but a few of us know and a huge asset to the board! Not to mention a nice guy, despite his lack of polka posting today... rest assured, he's got a big one saved up for when the time comes.

I agree, it would be over-reacting to fire him. But we should definitely withhold his pay until he starts performing more reliably! ;)

Lots of ha ha’s about this on the board today but I think it should be taken seriously. People buying cars pay attention to this stuff.

JMHO

Apparently, not enough people buying cars take this FUD seriously enough to matter.

Tesla STILL sells every car they can make just as fast as they can make and deliver it. And that's the bottom line. Because this kind of FUD has been going on for years.

Yes, it surely was, and long overdue as well. H/T to Hiro and the financial engineers... :D

I think now we run for 10 days until Nov 30 when we expect details on terms of the S&P inclusion mechanism. If the Committee fixes a 'component weight' for TSLA's inclusion to the index at that time, I think the run stalls. Or if overbought, it could reverse.

OTOH, if the weight(s) aren't announced 'til later, the run continues.

Cheers!

This relates to one of my concerns, especially as I have bought some short turn calls.

Why would those funds that "have to buy" want a squeeze? It could only hurt them. They buy, then a few days later when the stock sinks back down to some level, they are already in a losing proposition. The S and P committee and everyone else must realize this.

If anyone has been paying attention, the market seems controlled by powers other than 'us'. Why would they want to see TSLA shoot up, unless they feel it will stay up and not hurt them in the long run.

I am looking for others 'smarter' than me to possibly chime in. I have neve directly linked @Papafox but now will as really want to know his thoughts on this.

As a TMC'er said yesterday, who gets left holding the bag?