Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here comes the juice...
source.gif

Well how about selling a $1000 CC for Jan ‘23? Pays $7.1k per contract. Sell 14 of ‘em for $100k to use as instant cash (or essentially earning about 1k per week for the next 2 years guaranteed and paid upfront).

Then either part with 1,400 shares in 2 years or see it expiring below strike and take the free premium. Or buy it back at 5% price when the stock / IV drops again. :confused:
Wow never thought about using options like this. In my mind if we can get to $1000 in couple of years I can pretty much “retire” but I’m not betting on share price this high in Jan ‘23. Say if it does get past $1000 I retire and collected the premium.

Trillions.png

Citations:

Wedbush analyst Dan Ives has taken his bull-case on Tesla stock to $1,000.

Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas, for instance, has a top target even higher than Ives’, at $1,068 per share.

Credit Suisse analyst Dan Levy rates Tesla shares Hold and has a $400 price target. Levy publishes upside and downside scenarios too. His most-bullish case forecasts 2.8 million vehicles sold in 2025. In that scenario Tesla stock is worth almost $1,100.

Source: Tesla Could Be the Next Trillion-Dollar Stock. What You Need to Know.

It's probably well known, but this consumer report piece on the Model Y (and other quality police) always show up during a Tesla new product ramp when process variation is highest - as with all new products. But Tesla ramps are so fast compared to conventional "factories", some panel gaps likely slip through, and every one of them is counted... twice I think.

The news story on NPR was all about Tesla being 2nd to last on the quality list, and not about the Top 10 as one might expect from a ranking system. This would be like David Letterman giving us the Bottom 10. So we're last in vehicle automation, second last in quality, and now I'm waiting for the demand gap in between ship deliveries. It's cyclical. Trade the FUD, why not!

Tesla definitely has some quality and service issues they need to iron out. And anyone that ventures to other forums on TMC besides this one knows that. However, I think it is simply a financial business and strategy decision that Tesla made long ago in terms of how to survive and grow quickly. Most early adopters (yes, even today's buyers are early adopters when considering Tesla's overall market share) are willing to accept some deficiency as a trade off for both the other great aspects of the cars and the environmental aspects.

I'm willing to bet there's a priority for quality and service and we will see this priority slowly ramp up as Tesla sells more and more cars. Simply put, the overall poor quality and service has not hurt the company at all so there's little reason to spend billions to correct it until they have to (which has actually already started).

Quite crazy CALL made today morning. Very bullish OTM calls for December ends.
~6M call bets are rare, even so if they are very much OTM and short term like 1 month.
I am wondering about how big fund insider's be playing the insider info card about additions?

Secondly, I would like to start a speculation on when the Gamma squeeze might occur. How do MM's usually hedge for copious amounts of CALLS bought?

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 16.03.11.png

P.S Do not trade on this data

Tesla definitely has some quality and service issues they need to iron out. And anyone that ventures to other forums on TMC besides this one knows that. However, I think it is simply a financial business and strategy decision that Tesla made long ago in terms of how to survive and grow quickly. Most early adopters (yes, even today's buyers are early adopters when considering Tesla's overall market share) are willing to accept some deficiency as a trade off for both the other great aspects of the cars and the environmental aspects.
I'm willing to bet there's a priority for quality and service and we will see this priority slowly ramp up as Tesla sells more and more cars. Simply put, the overall poor quality and service has not hurt the company at all so there's little reason to spend billions to correct it until they have to (which has actually already started).
I think much of it is due to the old junky Freemont factory. We are already seeing that MIC model 3s are superior in build quality and I'm not placing much weight behind the idea that's its because of lazy American workers. So new factories combined with the ability to design them with lessons learned will surely have them improving quickly.

Simply put, the overall poor quality and service has not hurt the company at all so there's little reason to spend billions to correct it until they have to (which has actually already started).
Do you have any data (besides Consumer Reports) to indicate "poor quality" on the Model Y?
Not saying there isn't a problem... how do you know this and how is it quantified - or compared to Model 3 ramp is maybe a better question.
I bring this up everytime, then I end on a note like "Without panel gaps, the doors will not open." (It's from my "old jokes" pocket.)

View attachment 611129

Citations:

Wedbush analyst Dan Ives has taken his bull-case on Tesla stock to $1,000.

Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas, for instance, has a top target even higher than Ives’, at $1,068 per share.

Credit Suisse analyst Dan Levy rates Tesla shares Hold and has a $400 price target. Levy publishes upside and downside scenarios too. His most-bullish case forecasts 2.8 million vehicles sold in 2025. In that scenario Tesla stock is worth almost $1,100.

Source: Tesla Could Be the Next Trillion-Dollar Stock. What You Need to Know.

His most-bullish case forecasts 2.8 million vehicles sold in 2025. In that scenario Tesla stock is worth almost $1,100. I think we can all safely say that this is like almost a guarantee