Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there in 2018 for a tour. Junky? What happened?
I'm thinking of the paint shop primarily. But aside from that, the factory wasn't custom built for Tesla and they have obviously learned quite a bit over the years regarding manufacturing. Or do you think there is something specific about US workers that cause this?

My own paint on my 2018 P3 was fine. Just 1 or 2 small blemishes that only my detailer noticed.

This is just crazy to concider. When I bought my first large batch of stock in the autumn of 2013 (which I hold to this day!), TSLA was valued at that time at $33 (mind you pre split and pre dilution) and the market capitalization was $20 billion... We're not in Kansas anymore.

Well, some of us are. ;)

Last edited:
I have similar feelings, should leave the house but can't be bothered...
...would involve too much shoveling
IKLAbiP1dVmB0bYqNd2sJTl1ja1LYMPQ4wPsz8qoPZcjbk7GxFLWeTLslnnlPY8lSZBNSRQgameXwza37VTLRGtHL20vDZL84eo21OlsIfiL3obL-2jt8zEGy3mjtlFVJYsgun57AQdv_oLp7xpAzvZ6D4qmLmmJvzFufZuZet1jvMtPwDXaGjucdeNm3YlSx2-r0suvEpKQSpMgmBERRpeN2RX8KLF1FPN6VLCkYFfBDYzbaWHa4JFpV3Il3-Q_cOYKn3vBesQ8KwdP4Pov8-7dzS4Htv4Jfehj3T3nYijh-OfTV4_PsWUfUmgLQDhfwSWZ6vlLVoNSNzGa8Jiun8lmx_s4oNuGAE4kp9XgtE8vHROfSuTupgu39QXe2lo8hxZPSocDQsMZsUxwLnoRxrpoqdOb1gIt9d6LBKPilOSKSc1sIr3gneh-7WrFkvV6uC9Gk8Q1mjJ3ZoTOfn2QQJZQ7fdUbN_M6vUHSkLZUkjQuC04ASJGPz4swIJubrS5OujW2bujw34v5rOHY47Z8qUODMcWFfhuvJQTDweJl1a3OfjZdyibim1yWaODNoxx253dZL4RnZMgDLUcL0lUHns8zMERa58xzbHtD0Ma1c2yVzovBT8Unxd9qWRmlyD8q2bZH9TYtTWobPPg2Ay7xXjCh-67Z7h_e0Q7D-TUwAr6dxXTtpF2aLE4v2FEaA=w1255-h942-no
Rich people. These coke habits are really getting out of hand.

A share price of $1k will give Tesla a market cap of 1 trillion dollars, not 2. Is that decoupled from reality "by the end of this year"? The market is forward looking. What will they see by the end of this year?

1) Three new factories each producing 1-2 million vehicles within a few years, if they can get enough battery cells.
2) Megapack batteries sold out for years, if they can get enough cells.
3) A plan to get the cells, for half the current cost.
4) Cybertruck coming within one year, with demand "unlike anything we've seen before," according to Elon.
5) Tesla Semi coming within one year, with demand so high that Nikola and others are trying to cash in.
6) Tesla Solar sales exploding due to unbeatable pricing.
7) Tesla Energy expanding into electricity sales in the UK, the first step to worldwide conquest.
8) Tesla Insurance expanding soon beyond California.
9) FSD beta expanding to more testers, with "entire new areas of functionality," according to Elon.
10)15-30% of TSLA float disappearing from the market permanently into S&P index and benchmark funds.

I'm not selling anything for a piddly $600... or $800... or $1k. If the share price hits $2k in December, I might sell a few shares that I bought after hours when S&P announced. Maybe. But let's see how wild the FSD wild card is next week.

Tesla's FSD Beta will be updated next week, wider test group to be considered

When I read posts like yours, I just feel like buying more again. However, I am already all in.

A heads-up, just in the off chance that anyone is watching the stock price this morning:

By my quick calculation, we've another milestone fast approaching. At $527.39 or thereabouts, TSLA market cap will reach $500 billion.

This is just crazy to concider. When I bought my first large batch of stock in the autumn of 2013 (which I hold to this day!), TSLA was valued at that time at $33 (mind you pre split and pre dilution) and the market capitalization was $20 billion... We're not in Kansas anymore.

Kinda quiet on this forum for a 6% run out of the gate.

The fact that the SP did not rise late Friday afternoon, given how very predictable this Monday morning rise would be, is another demonstration of how much impact expiring calls have on the SP.

If you are posting, you aren't trading