Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An obvious Tesla-specific solution here is to partner with, buy or build a parking garage in each major city. Then the car can use autonomy to drop you off at your destination and go park itself a mile away or wherever. Then you summon it when you're ready to leave. Viola, free automated valet service at ANY urban destination. No more hunting for parking, or price gouging lots. No more worrying about vandalism or break-ins while parked on the street. plus you look like a total boss.

For some places, great idea. With Boring, better idea.

UK. It can take 30-60 minutes to travel a mile without Boring Company tunnels in rush hour. NB. Below is averages, not rush hours (typically 5 hours a day!). More cars now, but covid temporarily reduced journeys.

Average driving speeds plummet in UK’s major cities.

"Edinburgh and Manchester are also among the slowest cities to drive in. Average speeds within a mile of the Manchester city centre fell to just 6.57mph in 2017"

In my much smaller town, 3 mile commute, I often overtake/get overtaken by pedestrians several times on start and end parts of my journey. Buses have same problem as cars but more stops. No bike lanes, can't ride on pavement. Sometimes walk but unpleasant when it rains (70% of time & unpredictable for return journey)

Last edited:
While I agree, there is a limit to what governments can do.

They can't force customers, particularly overseas customers, to buy inferior cars at inflated prices.

They can protect the local industry via tariffs and subsidies, but often the end result is the local industry becomes dependent, and a barrier to free trade.

Other industries in which they may be competitive, may be hit with reciprocal tariffs.

However, the German car industry is too important to Germany.. whether or not that has to be solely German brands, or can be a mix of brands is yet to be determined, but jobs are more important the brands.

Diess is trying hard at VW, but from watching Alex's video, he has a lot of internal opposition to overcome.

if companies can't compete on price, quality, innovation and market share, government can help them financially, but can't solve these problems. There is a difference between surviving and thriving... governments can help them survive, but they can't help them thrive.

And the point everyone who thinks government to the rescue in Germany is that Tesla is about to become ‘German’.

I continue to be amazed that there are still people ‘here’ stuck in a box of conventional thinking. As if the innovation and disruption and extraordinary accomplishments of Tesla only apply within a small radius.

People, Tesla IS changing the world as we know it. Tesla is not the pebble that sends out gentle ripples, but the bloody meteor that leaves a crater.

Think bigger.

And the point everyone who thinks government to the rescue in Germany is that Tesla is about to become ‘German’.

I continue to be amazed that there are still people ‘here’ stuck in a box of conventional thinking. As if the innovation and disruption and extraordinary accomplishments of Tesla only apply within a small radius.

People, Tesla IS changing the world as we know it. Tesla is not the pebble that sends out gentle ripples, but the bloody meteor that leaves a crater.

Think bigger.

nothing can save a product that the consumers don’t want anymore.

I spoke to a lot of investment professionals over the years, and about 95% held a negative view of TSLA as an investment. Stunningly, that view persisted into the beginning of this year, despite everything that Tesla was achieving in plain sight.

Any professional who got TSLA wrong really should be fired. It’s one of the most epically bad mistakes in the history of investing. It’s not like TSLA was some small company that wasn’t on their radar. It didn’t sneak up on them. They had years to get this right and they completely and utterly blew it.

The entire investment profession really needs to look in a mirror and examine what needs to be done to fix a very broken profession.
I Disagreed with this. Investment professionals seem to have a set of rules to follow which are more about not losing money than it is about making huge sums of money. And really. Tesla looks like a car company, even today. How many car companies have been on any level "successful" in the last hundred years. And Tesla almost went tits up how many MONTHS ago?
And even more revealing, what would have happened to us if all the professionals had gotten it right from the beginning.

Think people need to move away from the idea that governments ever need to pay their debts, specifically the ones that own printing presses. This is the kind of thing that only occurs when wars break out. And then you have other things to worry about.

Have no doubt that bailouts are in the picture.

OT before the market opens:
1. One key thing to remember here relative to Germany and debt: while debt certainly is Germany's to service, the printing press is managed by the European Central Bank, and not Germany (even though they have "some" influence).

2. Germany will do whatever it can to save it's domestic auto industry to a point - the tipping point will be when 2 / 3 big auto in Germany has sustainably transitioned to some form of sustainable transportation, AND the supply chain has also caught up. Once there is a clear transition to a sustainable auto industry supply chain, they might let 1/3 big auto fail as sacrificial lambs

Reason: it's all about jobs - and jobs in Germany win elections.....!

Here's another lesson for you guys. Do not publicly announce your position in a heated debate. It locks you into a position. The emotion and spirit of the fight will make you entrenched somewhere you don't want to be.

It's not the public announcement of your position in a heated debate that makes it difficult to reverse your position - it's a fragile ego that needs to be protected. If you have a strong self, you can admit you have changed your mind in a flash.

Quite crazy CALL made today morning. Very bullish OTM calls for December ends.
~6M call bets are rare, even so if they are very much OTM and short term like 1 month.
I am wondering about how big fund insider's be playing the insider info card about additions?

Secondly, I would like to start a speculation on when the Gamma squeeze might occur. How do MM's usually hedge for copious amounts of CALLS bought?

View attachment 611127

P.S Do not trade on this data

Can someone throw some light on how Big dogs play with CALL options? How much options are they allowed to buy and play with?
In the current situation, if you have to buy big $$$$$ worth of Tesla, why wouldn't you simply front run your OWN buying with a few $ change in CALL options? One could buy crazy CALL options paired with your own buying, then when the squeeze comes , you simply exercise the options to own those shares. Seems like a great idea to **** the indexers who can't play with options.

I am going to be on the lookout for unusual CALL options in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Got an invite today from my financial institution to participa/te in their "Fully Paid Lending" programme. Meaning, lending them my shares to use for options. Can recall at anytime. Paid monthly split income % 60-40 with institution. Percentages much higher than I thought. Does anyone participate in this? pros cons?
Which brokerage? Don't they all just borrow them without telling you except it's hidden deep in your user agreement?

98530C58-C1F8-4EE6-A3C4-7ACCBB05EE00.jpeg