Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re-read the S&P announcement. The addition date WILL be Mon, Dec 21, 2020 no wiggle room at all.

The only issue is the committee asking for advice from the investment community as to whether it will be done in 2 tranches (Dec 14+21) or a single tranche on Dec 21. There was also a question as to whether those who preferred 2 tranches wanted 1/3rd + 2/3rds, 50:50, or 2/3rds + 1/3rd.

No, the WSJ fantanzing about 2021 Q1 is just that: FUD designed to shake the chairs out from under the weak longs, would-be front-runners, and 'mo-mo' traders. And the MMs+hedgies are workin' it hard this a.m. :p

I'll sell in Aug 2027 (for Million$). :D

Cheers!

thanks!

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Anyone have any theories as to why they're trying so hard to keep us red today?

On reflection I tend to think it's part of a strategy started by WSJ at the weekend, putting out the FUD that S&P "might" spread over two quarters, that spooks the weak longs, a big push-down spooks them some more, then again at the end.

Cheap shares for the funds and hedgies.

I heard there's a great replacement waiting.

milton.png

It's been a while since I cried laughing. Thanks for that.

Wonder if insider MM's got the scoop on S&P info coming out in about an hour. . .
A day trader could and should be selling their entire position today at the close with the intention of buying back in the morning. I think that was our selling earlier today and most of the MMD fuel. With TSLA flat this afternoon and your account up 40% in a couple weeks, probably too tempting for a lot of guys to ignore the option to sell and protect that massive gain just in case.

How much will they lose on the buyback tomorrow? Who knows, probably not that much. IMO we see a massive pop at open if either of the original 2 options are confirmed. We shall see.

I think people are delusional if they think Tsla will not drop after this entire fiasco considering just the thought that the squeeze may not be as large as expected has already caused a drop.

Like I said, zero allegiance to Tesla. They are just here for the gambling money.

I've been following Tesla for 6 years, bought 4 vehicles ....and I am TOTALLY here for the gambling money.

I think people are delusional if they think Tsla will not drop after this entire fiasco considering just the thought that the squeeze may not be as large as expected has already caused a drop.

Like I said, zero allegiance to Tesla. They are just here for the gambling money.

Of course it will drop, but there's still three weeks of "fiasco" to play out. And how far will it drop? Smart speculators will sell on the way up, not time the top, maybe when the music stops there won't be so many sales. $60b-$120b worth of shares will be bought and held, the price may fall-back, but won't fall back to where it was.

I am not sure what the big deal is between 1 and 2 tranches, if both of them are happening in the next 3 weeks. If it's over 2 quarters, yes, the appreciation can be a bit muted, but this is an outside chance.

I feel S&P has some incentive to get this over with and not have it drag on. Remember they already made a giant concession by pre announcing and spreading it over 2 tranches. A still further concession of over 2 qtrs, seems unlikely, though we should never say never.

No that was me. I sold a small % to swing trade on said dip, so it went up on Friday as a result. My apologies. A lot of you aren't aware that the market moves in the opposite direction of all my actions. Reliable indicator.
You are def not the only one...I quit giving away free $$ so now i just buy and hold :)

I am not sure what the big deal is between 1 and 2 tranches, if both of them are happening in the next 3 weeks. If it's over 2 quarters, yes, the appreciation can be a bit muted, but this is an outside chance.

I feel S&P has some incentive to get this over with and not have it drag on. Remember they already made a giant concession by pre announcing and spreading it over 2 tranches. A still further concession of over 2 qtrs, seems unlikely, though we should never say never.

They stated $TSLA will be added by the 21st December, they cannot renege on that, well they could, but I cannot imagine the shitstorm that would blow-up...

It's a big deal to gain gamblers. It's either 10x gains in 3 weeks or bust.

I would love love LOVE to have a 2 quarter inclusion so I don't have to make any decisions like selling along with the gain gamblers.

Even the concept of spreading out inclusion halted daily 4% gains. Nothing confirmed from original plan from what is known?

Daily 4% gains however, compounded by a final 10% spike would put TSLA above AAPL.

Of course it will drop, but there's still three weeks of "fiasco" to play out. And how far will it drop? Smart speculators will sell on the way up, not time the top, maybe when the music stops there won't be so many sales. $60b-$120b worth of shares will be bought and held, the price may fall-back, but won't fall back to where it was.

I will just add that momentum traders probably did not forget what happened in Sep when they was a hype around S&P inclusion. We dropped what 20% in one day?

BTW, watching level 2 and seeing some big orders on the buy side.