Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so baffled by non-movement in PM. Such low volume on a massive bank upgrading to BuY?
Maybe the wealthier client base of GS is not willing to spike up the PreMarket and would only buy when there are willing weak longs to part with the shares. But then, why wouldn't the other sharks bid it up already?

Scratching my head.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
UK only as far as I know (for now, easy model to adopt/improve - if I had the money I'd be doing this and more).

Sorry if already posted - What is the future of Electric Vehicle charging? - Fully Charged Show

Tesla relation: visible non fossil charging / car lease centres. More charging (inc Tesla Superchargers) - faster adoption, less FUD, more sales etc.

From memory, they want to add 100 Electric Forecourts in UK

Sam Clarke is a long term EV evangelist, industry advisor, EV driver and operator for over 15 years. He was a 2015 merit winner at the Great British Entrepreneurs Awards and in 2020 was voted #36 in the greenfleet.net top 100 most influential people in Low Carbon Fleets. Sam is also a regular public speaker and permanent sofa panellist for the EV Café. Most recently, Sam became GRIDSERVE’s Chief Vehicle Officer to drive forward mass uptake of electric vehicles particularly through EV vehicle leasing and the build out of a nationwide network of high-powered Electric Forecourts.

Some points:-

• Home charging best
  • Some can't
  • workplace charging good
  • tax advantages for company cars (Benefit In Kind - BIK)
  • Public charging
    • "12,800 public charging locations today only c.2,500 of those are deemed ‘rapid’. However, on average there are just two connectors per device (and you can only use one at a time) and between one and two devices per location"
    • "Whilst looking great as pins on the map, a sporadic distribution of 50kW chargers tucked away in hard to reach locations (and often unreliable) is simply not somewhere you’ll want to use in the future for risk of having to wait 40 minutes just to plug in because it’s already occupied. This is already happening to me regularly."
    • " GRIDSERVE Electric Forecourt® where every need is catered for and with 36 chargers, 12 of which are already capable of speeds up to 350 kW"
    • From other info not in article, some are expected to be Tesla Superchargers

Exterior-night-shot-gridserve-electric-forecourt-braintree.jpg

I am so baffled by non-movement in PM.
Maybe the wealthier client base of GS is not willing to spike up the PreMarket and would only buy when there are willing weak longs to part with the shares. But then, why wouldn't the other sharks bid it up already?

Scratching my head.

Volume has been pretty light. As of this writing its only 176k shares. Wait for 0700 EST when more buyers pop in

I am so baffled by non-movement in PM.

Scratching my head.
Yeah me too, thanks for posting. I actually had to double-check that I was looking at the right stock; then my next thought was that perhaps Schwab had a website glitch. I was just about to ask if others here were seeing such low volume. No joke.

EDIT: Huh, suddenly jumped to just below 400K. Well that's a bit more like it. Maybe there was a sort of glitch...

Sorry for the basic question…I read through many of the pages from today posts, I couldn’t find out why we are suspicious that there could be another stock split near term.

Would it just be to mess with the MM‘s, hedgies, and get into the Dow 30? Or has there been other suggestion of this by Mr. Musk? Thanks

This has been discussed often by @Curt Renz (recommend to follow). Additionally, since TSLA has now doubled it's SP since the stock dividend announcement on Aug 11, ALL of Tesla's reasons (explained in their PR which I trust you read) apply equally right now.

TSLA.chart.2020-12-02.6-mth.png

Tesla Announces a Five-for-One Stock Split | Tesla, Inc. | PR dated Aug 11, 2020

"to make stock ownership more accessible to employees and investors."​

Declaring a stock "dividend" (as opposed to a simple stock "split") has the addtional benefit of flushing naked short shares out of the system. With so much Institutional buying, this is a big worry for those MMs/hedge funds that would seek to create and extend the life of naked short shares.

Large index funds are "Shareholders of Record" (known to the company which handles TSLA shares), from whom MMs can not hide, like they can from their own customers. These are legally "Beneficial Owners" (unlisted with the Tesla share manager), while the MM themself remains the "Shareholder of Record".

There can be no swapping of naked shorts every 12 days across the holdings of two colluding MMs to avoid SEC reporting requirements for 'Fails-to-Deliver' (FTD). Those short shares, if purchase by an Index fund, will be DEMANDED by that Fund and delivered with SEC and Court insistance as required.

Nice bene, wot? :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Bill forcing Chinese firms to meet U.S. accounting standards passes Congress

Key Points:
  • The U.S. House of Representatives passed a law to kick Chinese companies off U.S. stock exchanges if they do not fully comply with the country’s auditing rules, giving President Donald Trump one more tool to threaten Beijing with before leaving office.
  • The measure passed the House by unanimous voice vote, after passing the Senate unanimously in May, sending it to Trump, who the White House said is expected to sign it into law.
  • While is applies to companies from any country, the legislation’s sponsors intended it to target Chinese companies listed in the United States, such as Alibaba, tech firm Pinduoduo and oil giant PetroChina.
Hopefully this will have the net effect of moving more speculative funds away from not-so-transparent companies, to better companies like Tesla.

UK only as far as I know (for now, easy model to adopt/improve - if I had the money I'd be doing this and more).

Sorry if already posted - What is the future of Electric Vehicle charging? - Fully Charged Show

Tesla relation: visible non fossil charging / car lease centres. More charging (inc Tesla Superchargers) - faster adoption, less FUD, more sales etc.

From memory, they want to add 100 Electric Forecourts in UK

Sam Clarke is a long term EV evangelist, industry advisor, EV driver and operator for over 15 years. He was a 2015 merit winner at the Great British Entrepreneurs Awards and in 2020 was voted #36 in the greenfleet.net top 100 most influential people in Low Carbon Fleets. Sam is also a regular public speaker and permanent sofa panellist for the EV Café. Most recently, Sam became GRIDSERVE’s Chief Vehicle Officer to drive forward mass uptake of electric vehicles particularly through EV vehicle leasing and the build out of a nationwide network of high-powered Electric Forecourts.

Some points:-

• Home charging best
  • Some can't
  • workplace charging good
  • tax advantages for company cars (Benefit In Kind - BIK)
  • Public charging
    • "12,800 public charging locations today only c.2,500 of those are deemed ‘rapid’. However, on average there are just two connectors per device (and you can only use one at a time) and between one and two devices per location"
    • "Whilst looking great as pins on the map, a sporadic distribution of 50kW chargers tucked away in hard to reach locations (and often unreliable) is simply not somewhere you’ll want to use in the future for risk of having to wait 40 minutes just to plug in because it’s already occupied. This is already happening to me regularly."
    • " GRIDSERVE Electric Forecourt® where every need is catered for and with 36 chargers, 12 of which are already capable of speeds up to 350 kW"
    • From other info not in article, some are expected to be Tesla Superchargers

Exterior-night-shot-gridserve-electric-forecourt-braintree.jpg

Another pic of new charging centre with your favourite android / turbo

EoUIcPvW8AAArdR

upload_2020-12-3_13-11-50.png

Mod note: this post is not completely correct. Author has posted a new, corrected version which can be found here: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Tl;dr; great for Tesla, great for other pure EV OEMs. Closes indirect service loophole for ICE brands.

Michiganger here, O Canada, that is a misinformed article...
The settlement had zero interaction with the legislature. The lawsuit was Tesla v Secretary of State (plus governor and attorney general) (from previous administration). The settlement was an interpretation by the executive branch and approved by the judicial of the current law. Said interpretation allowed Tesla to operate subsidiary repair facilities and to perform every part of sales (delivery, trade in, help with paperwork, test drives) other than the actual title transfer/ sale (must happen out of state).

To correct:
Almost a year ago Tesla and the state of Michigan reached a settlement that would finally allow the automaker to sell vehicles
directly to consumers
[assist with out of state sales] , and open [indirectly owned] Service Centers in the state.

Bills at Michigan Legislature - House Bill 6233 (2020)
And covered on this thread when it happened.

Round 2 was the legislature closing this loophole for everyone but Tesla (as a member of that lawsuit).

Round 2.5 was backing off on that loophole elimination.

Now it looks like pure electric manufacturers can be licensed and own repair facilities.
From the proposed bill (pdf didn't like copy paste)
SmartSelect_20201203-080948_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

SmartSelect_20201203-081136_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

SmartSelect_20201203-081144_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

The bill, which was passed with a 65-39 vote, removes [adds] both the language that would have allowed [allows] direct-to-consumer sales, and reversed the ban on Tesla [directly] operating Service Centers in the state.

Also:
Although we couldn’t find any reference to Tesla dropping their original lawsuit, it is unlikely they would have until the changes agreed to as part of the settlement became law.
There were zero changes to legislation.
Entire case is here:
Docket for Tesla, Inc. v. Benson, 1:16-cv-01158 - CourtListener.com
Pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 41(a)(1)(A)(ii), Plaintiff Tesla, Inc. hereby submits this stipulation of dismissal of its claims against Defendant Gretchen Whitmer, in her official capacity as Governor

Settlement: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.miwd.85607/gov.uscourts.miwd.85607.267.0.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: