Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~~~Moderators are undecided as to keeping or removing personal opinions about Mr Musk’s socioeconomic presence. However, if such comments continue, and especially if they devolve into inanities, bromides, repetitiousness or other hallmarks of maldistinction, then without hesitation all definitely will be removed from here - so best to take it to other threads outside the Investor sector ~~~

FINAL WARNING. Any more such will be deleted and poster put on time-out.

My options...my options

View attachment 615632

Ideally, Tesla announces 2:1 share dividend before the Market opens on Fri, Dec 11th (short that, boi). Effective date for the share distribution as of Dec 21st.

Cap raise announced before Market opens on Mon, Dec 14 for let's say, $50B (enough for all Tesla's planned Bty CapEx). Share offering closes on Fri, Dec 18 and share distribution by of Dec 24th (just in time for Index funds).

Sink da shorts. Fund da company. Fry da mind. o_O

Cheers!

:rolleyes: o_O :p

Around 17 min in this video Jordan Giesige talks confidently that Tesla is going to be increasing supercharging speeds across all vehicles soon.

Nice to see this. Looks like the continual product improvement being slipstreamed into production that we now take for granted from Tesla, and that is often missing in competitors.

I only wish they could deliver it all via software so that those of us with earlier versions could benefit.

OK. We'll be green by lunchtime or earlier.

Edit: Maybe within an hour of open?

Compliance. :D

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-12-08.12-00.All-Green.png

Cheers!

Apologies for the OT, but if you are tired of waiting for the official Spacex feed, here is a live view:

To save F5 keys ;)
NSF (that feed) reported a NASA high alitude observation plane has a flight plan filed from Houston to Boca Chica departing at 2:10 central, 3:10 eastern returning 90 minutes later.

Edit: @Dancing Lemur , thanks for pointing out my time zone issue.
Reference tweet: Twitter
A flight plan for a WB-57 airborne surveillance aircraft shows it could be over Boca Chica just before 3pm CST, presumably for aerial imagery of the Starship SN8 test flight.

Last edited:
There are plenty of people who value not losing anything over maximizing returns. You can find them everywhere around you. It's important to realize what outliers aggressive individual investors are, if you only hang out here you may never know how rare it is to find people who are willing to risk everything they have, up to and including their entire life savings, for something with anything less than 100% chance of success.
I lost 400k on my first investment
I believed BBD had the best technology with the Cseries, had the expertise and maturity to ramp up production. My financial advisor has discouraged me to invest in TSLA because they were not profitable. He told me BBD was a sure bet. Happens they let 51% of their CSeries go to airbus when they ran out of liquidity because of the 343% tax rate imposed on their sale to Delta airline from Boeing complaining of unfair regulation. My investment collapsed -90% and I learned that even if you lose it all you can still sleep like a baby. Now that I more than recovered from that Alamo sized epic failure, I really don’t understand everybody surrounding me unable to see their original investment lose 10-15% in the short term to risk doubling it with an incredible company like Tesla. I guess we are all wired differently.