Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a way to chart / graph the historical movements of a given option / strike (s).

Is there a way to view that info similar to a stock chart, if so where ?

This is the best Ive been able too find, but would love to see one that was one of better quality, more detail, easier to read etc.

Historical Option Prices & Volatility Data

I'm forcing myself to use Fidelity Active Trader Pro bit by bit, and they do have historical data on options but looks like not for all strikes. I didn't spend enough time figuring out the rule on which, maybe just round numbers (*50's and *00's). Otherwise yea, I wasn't able to find that either. It would require a pretty big database to hold all options of all strikes for all stocks on say a one minute granularity.

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
Question: Do you have concerns about TSLA reaching long term SP highs in the 4 or 5 figures given the ongoing SP manipulation by MMs?

I don’t, but some might. Just curious what others think.
The manipulations really are there to make the most volatility at any given time, which makes the MMs the most money. I believe we're past the stage where manipulations are made to just push the stock down and bankrupt the company. So no, I'm not concerned about daily swings as long as Tesla continues to execute the plan.

+1 to EOQ Deliveries. :cool:

I will say that I had been scheduled for a 24th delivery and got bumped up to the 22nd (though could have taken it on 21st, but had conflicting work). The delivery center was crawling with cars, mostly white model 3’s (plebeians). Oddly, I didn’t notice any model Y’s. May just be a timing thing as I saw one on the road close by.

The delivery center personnel were polite and helpful and not frantic. During conversation I learned that they actually are closing on time around 5, so as of yet there isn’t the EOY/EOQ shuffle to get as many cars into owners hands whilst racing against the clock. I saw maybe 8 or so workers there, one a brand new hire so maybe that’s why?

My car was beautiful, and drove fine. I did see one small chip of paint near the passenger side taillight, that’s down to the metal, but as I’m getting it wrapped I don’t care. The other imperfections were small enough for me not to notice at +/- 2ft, so they don’t exist.

Bad: my driver side repeater camera is not working. Dunno why. Just doesn’t show up. I’ll hard reset the car to see if it fixes, otherwise I will schedule a service tech to come check it out. Maybe it’s just not plugged in? Who knows.

View attachment 620484
Congratulations! You've been waiting a long time for this.

Half day trading tomorrow... Max Pain at $620... stock at $644.5

Anyone see a chance for being able to predict the future for tomorrow morning?

I would be shocked to see them push this down to the 620 levels. They will probably just try to hold 650 for tomorrow.

Every dip is getting bought and the support at 640 is strong.

Half day trading tomorrow... Max Pain at $620... stock at $644.5

Anyone see a chance for being able to predict the future for tomorrow morning?

Looking here-
Stock Option Max Pain

$629.99 seems like it'd be their goal... $620 might be "max" pain but $629.99 seems like it captures MOST of the pain for a lot less effort on their part... (and $630 seems a much more important # to get under than keeping it under 650 based on the chart there)

But as the 'THERE IS NO THEY' crowd often point out, "they" don't always get what they want...

But with likely very light volume on a half trading day, down seems where it's going.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Interesting fact, if you re-arrange the letters of the words "hummer" "Nikola" "badger" "apple" "car", you get the phrase: what a curiously deceptive boatload

Off topic, I just ordered this off the interwebs and felt a bit queer when I saw it was on Esty - still, all's well that ends well, eh? The poster is just too funny, BTW, I shall display it on Twitter photos in order to annoy Tesla bears...

Elon Musk Tesla Classical Painting as General Regal art | Etsy
Wouldn’t that be an excellent avatar for you?

(Just on behalf of everyone on this forum who are running out of eyebleach and are getting desperate because the shops will be closed because of xmas (and stocks were already low because high officials from a North American government bought everything a while ago. Apparently their intel saw this matter of national security coming))

Last edited:
I'm forcing myself to use Fidelity Active Trader Pro bit by bit, and they do have historical data on options but looks like not for all strikes. I didn't spend enough time figuring out the rule on which, maybe just round numbers (*50's and *00's). Otherwise yea, I wasn't able to find that either. It would require a pretty big database to hold all options of all strikes for all stocks on say a one minute granularity.

You are right - it would be a sizeable database.

I'm just surprised that google or yahoo or someone else hasn't done this already somewhere.

I'm looking for a way to chart / graph the historical movements of a given option / strike (s).
Here is the one I used today from Yahoo Finance. It also provide intraday charting of option.

upload_2020-12-23_16-6-12.png

Intraday
upload_2020-12-23_16-10-14.png

Benzinga - 45 minutes ago: Elon Musk Floats Idea Of Starting One Parent Company To Hold Tesla, SpaceX, Boring, Neuralink

Excerpt:

When Tesla investor Dave Lee suggested to Musk to form a holding company called X, that would work as a parent company for Musk's many ventures, Musk seemed intrigued.

Yeah, he has to get money out of Tesla and into SpaceX. As separate companies the federal government skims a significant fraction on the move... Maybe enough to threaten mars success.

If in the same holding company, the money can be reapplied in a friction free way - no parasitics.

Haven't watched yet but looks like Gali has an exclusive on battery. He is also joining dots regarding Lucid.

EDIT - Gali has seen an Apple pack made by Toshiba.

Killer battery - 47 Wh/kg from their website... Lithium Titanate, zero Cobalt & 800V.

Product name 2.9Ah cell 10Ah cell
Rated capacity
2.9Ah 10Ah
Nominal voltage 2.4V 2.4V
Output Power 520W*(SOC 50%, 10s, 25℃) 1800W*(SOC50%, 10s, 25℃)
Input Power 410W*(SOC 50%, 10s, 25℃) 1500W*(SOC 50%, 10s, 25℃)
Volumetric energy density 85Wh/L 92Wh/L
Weight energy density 46Wh/kg 47Wh/kg
Dimensions W63 × D14 × H97 mm W116 × D22 × H106 mm
Weight Approx. 150g Approx. 510g

Last edited:
Interesting fact, if you re-arrange the letters of the words "hummer" "Nikola" "badger" "apple" "car", you get the phrase: what a curiously deceptive boatload

Off topic, I just ordered this off the interwebs and felt a bit queer when I saw it was on Esty - still, all's well that ends well, eh? The poster is just too funny, BTW, I shall display it on Twitter photos in order to annoy Tesla bears...

Elon Musk Tesla Classical Painting as General Regal art | Etsy

*giggles then quietly adds to cart*

The competition is coming....we mean it this time!

View attachment 620493

It's actually true in a way. The coming competition will not be not competitive with Tesla but they will be very competitive with the ICE fleet. A car that offers no competition to Tesla can actually be very competitive against gasoline automobiles. The many people who have made the switch and would never go back to a gasoline car already know this. Those who haven't, don't.

We know this and so do the legacy manufactures which is why they have not yet delivered EV's in large numbers. Doing so would decimate their ICE sales. Once consumers understand this in large numbers, ICE vehicles will sit on the lot, even if they do not have enough EV's to supply demand with. Many consumers will delay their new car purchase indefinitely, as long as it takes to get a suitable EV. This will be a very strong earnings growth period for Tesla with margins that look like complete fantasy to auto analysts right now. We are ramping into that golden era of EV sales right now.

As consumers procrastinate their new car purchases, the average age of the ICE fleet will increase. This has a number of important implications for Tesla, the biggest being that the difference between EV's and ICE in consumers minds will be highlighted by the obvious differences between the modern, sleek new stylish EV's flooding the markets and the ever older, dirtier and outdated, ever smellier and louder and more obnoxious ICE cars left over from previous decades.

This is the era we are just now beginning to enter. Bring on the competition! Just know that it's not competition for Tesla who doesn't make outdated cars!

Looking here-
Stock Option Max Pain

$629.99 seems like it'd be their goal... $620 might be "max" pain but $629.99 seems like it captures MOST of the pain for a lot less effort on their part... (and $630 seems a much more important # to get under than keeping it under 650 based on the chart there)

But as the 'THERE IS NO THEY' crowd often point out, "they" don't always get what they want...

But with likely very light volume on a half trading day, down seems where it's going.

Agree that $630 is the logical target, but they struggled mightily today with incredibly low volume, really low, tiny, I'm shocked as I only just checked and had assumed 50m+ given the strength today, but no, 31m, that's peanuts!

This flies against previous experience, so the jury's out...