Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's "OG" stand for? I dislike this over-use of acronyms/abbreviations. And please don't tell me it's an abbreviation for "original". That would follow no convention that I'm familiar with.

Here's the thing with Gali: He doesn't have much technical knowledge but he has an amazing mind. That's how he was able to find Tesla and invest in it before most people who contribute here. Some people will be jealous of his fantastic gains because he has held TSLA with an iron fist - he doesn't sell, he buys more as he can afford it. I can't believe people are accusing him of being anti-Tesla or knowingly spreading FUD because there are not many people in this world who care more about the way Elon is changing the world for the better or who have more pure motivations. At worst he is being unknowingly used by people with bad motives but even that is not clear yet.
This is why I was questioning his recent video. I know he sincerely cares about Elon and Tesla and he was a big part of why I got into Tesla in the first place. I wasn’t intentionally trying to accuse him of FUD..he just sounded like he was being fed something without vetting it out. My mistake for jumping the gun and posting what I initially saw if it’s false.

What's "OG" stand for? I dislike this over-use of acronyms/abbreviations. And please don't tell me it's an abbreviation for "original". That would follow no convention that I'm familiar with.

Stealth, you're giving away your age here...
OG started as hip-hop slang "Original Gangster", referring to someone that was the originator of a particular style or mannerism. But now it's become mainstream and refers to anything old-school, authentic, or classic.

Here's the thing with Gali: He doesn't have much technical knowledge but he has an amazing mind. That's how he was able to find Tesla and invest in it before most people who contribute here. Some people will be jealous of his fantastic gains because he has held TSLA with an iron fist - he doesn't sell, he buys more as he can afford it. I can't believe people are accusing him of being anti-Tesla or knowingly spreading FUD because there are not many people in this world who care more about the way Elon is changing the world for the better or who have more pure motivations. At worst he is being unknowingly used by people with bad motives but even that is not clear yet.

Man, lots of pushback for my comment--I wasn't knocking Gali--I quite enjoy his enthusiasm and was happy to run into him at Fully Charged earlier this year. Agreed that insinuating he's anti-Tesla or intentionally spreading misinformation is absurd.

I was responding to the notion that he's an old-school, iron-fisted Tesla bull. He sold all his TSLA stock in mid-2016 after getting fed up with the SolarCity acquisition (among other things). He recovered, but let's keep the facts straight.

Also surprised that OG is an unknown term to so many.

OG definition

Stealth, you're giving away your age here...
OG started as hip-hop slang "Original Gangster", referring to someone that was the originator of a particular style or mannerism. But now it's become mainstream and refers to anything old-school, authentic, or classic.

I'm proud of my young age! Original Gangster investors, eh? OK, whatever. :rolleyes:

This is why I was questioning his recent video. I know he sincerely cares about Elon and Tesla and he was a big part of why I got into Tesla in the first place. I wasn’t intentionally trying to accuse him of FUD..he just sounded like he was being fed something without vetting it out. My mistake for jumping the gun and posting what I initially saw if it’s false.

I've only seen his public video but I felt it was pretty clear he was just reporting what he had seen. Maybe I give people too much credit but I assume they know how to take reports such as these in the context they were presented. Someone earlier (forgot who) was critical of him saying he shouldn't have shared this info before vetting it more thoroughly. I think he would be remiss to keep it to himself. I build my world view by piecing together thousands of bits of info. If someone is trying to fool him, that's potentially useful information and it's up to me to decide - I want to hear what he he heard.

One of these cookies is different from the others. Can you spot it?
20201223_175759.jpg

Seems I infected my wife with the teslafanism virus, which is even more contagious than the one that turned the world upside down but thankfully the one that we caught is beneficial to mankind.

I am grateful for this community for confirming in 2019 that it's not me who got TSLA wrong but (almost) everybody around us. And it feels good to celebrate with you that our perseverance paid off, despite - and in some respect because of - the pandemic-induced changes to everyone's lives. Financial independence is now merely a leap of faith ahead; something I wouldn't have dreamed of before I started to invest in Tesla.

Happy Holidays!

There's a hilarious message posted on the front page of Charles Schwab today. Even old Chuck himself is taking a big dump on the S&P 500. You love to see it.

Main Street Stories: The Secret Tesla Reveals About Index Investing

Which brings us back to Tesla, which didn’t enter the S&P 500 Index back in 2013 because a committee of people chose not to include it despite the fact it was one of the largest US stocks even back then. Many investors find this surprising, and Tesla is far from the only one of America’s largest 500 companies by market capitalization not represented in the S&P 500 Index.

' They are trying to keep TSLA steady, it’s getting too crazy ...and if robynhooders get 2k... we all know what happened when they got 1.2k. /s

Robinhooders are not going to settle for 3 shares with the 2K checks. Instead of 3 shares, they would rather buy 500 OTM weekly contracts.

Why settle for 15-20% gains through Q4 when you can make 20,000%?

There's a hilarious message posted on the front page of Charles Schwab today. Even old Chuck himself is taking a big dump on the S&P 500. You love to see it.

Main Street Stories: The Secret Tesla Reveals About Index Investing

I'm not sure he got this part correct: The stock market is actively picking winning and losing stocks every minute of every day in a rational, unemotional way based on all the information available about companies’ growth potential.

I really like Gali. I bought my first Tesla stock in 2017, and watching his Youtube channel helped me HODL and accumulate more. I owe him. He's not completely immune to FUD though. Back in early 2019 the prevailing FUD was that of demand collapsing after a particularly strong seasonal dip in sales in Q1. I was quite disappointed that he said demand was 'falling off a cliff' and in so doing he'd spread the FUD himself. Even stalwart bulls can sometimes fall for the FUD.

listening to this and thinking who wants to buy a car that has such a short range that even at 6-minute charge you’d be stopping so often if taking a trip? I have no idea if Gali, and listened to his earlier joint video with Jordan, actually saw an Apple battery or someone feeding him a fake lead. To me a 67kW battery sounded more like a hybrid car battery maybe for Toyota or Nissan but who knows.

I think the key bit of information we're all missing here is Apples new iP2V* technology they are hiding in plain sight.

(*iP2V = iPhone to Vehicle, so when you run out, just plug your phone in for 6 minutes and then keep going for 25 miles. Then plug your partners phone in....if you need to go further, you need kids. Ideally 3-7 (AppleCar will be a 7-seater).

Last edited:
Oh, DO try to keep up. Instead, you’ve fallen for it.

“P2V” means Pay To View. It’s the only way you’ll be able to maintain visibility of the vehicle’s info screen.

Thank you for pointing out my glaring mistake...I've corrected after doing MUCH more EXTENSIVE research: the actual killer APP is iP2V*

(*iP2V = iPhone to Vehicle, so when you run out, just plug your phone in for 6 minutes and then keep going for 25 miles. Then plug your partners phone in....if you need to go further, you need kids. Ideally 3-7 (AppleCar will be a 7-seater).

I still don‘t get why anyone should pay an Apple premium for an iCar with barely 200 miles of range. Even if it charges in 6 Minutes. The business case and numbers just don‘t add up for me right now.

I've been thinking over what Apple's strategy could be and think they would just go straight for a ridehailing network rather than selling the vehicle, there would be quite a few benefits:
  • If vehicles can last 1m miles then on a unit economics basis the costs tend towards variable costs. If apple paid 20k extra in production costs for their battery pack compared to tesla the extra cost to the customer is $0.02 per mile - which no-one would care about if they had a seamless service that just worked.
  • I can't imagine Apple would want the hassle of dealing with service centers and supercharger networks for customers everywhere when they could just build hubs for a network and deal with that work internally
  • The tight integration of the RH network in the Apple ecosystem further entrenches their customers into their ecosystem - think seamless facetime calls on the phone that jump to the car as you hop in - or a vehicle that knows your calendar and turns up 2 minutes before you need to leave.
  • Vehicles can be designed for the passengers - improving customer experience (e.g. Sleeper cab, living room style interior, Office on wheels with large monitors, etc). Most people wouldn't by a car that has unusual features but if it is just an option in a fleet there is potential for it to be added based on demand.
  • Apple is one of the few companies that can afford to bear the cost of launching a self funded RH network as it scales
  • If battery rumors around relatively short range are true then it would be a tough sale for customers to buy the vehicle but it doesn't matter for the RH network as people just pay for trips. Also, the super fast charging qualities of LTO batteries are wasted if most people are just trickle charging at home - why wouldn't Apple just go for cheaper batteries if that was the plan.
  • Apple can scale the network city by city - which allows the relatively low volume production to meet the needed vehicle density for a quality service.
  • Autonomy can be focused on specific regions - potentially shrinking the initial problem - we've seen how Tesla's FSD options vary by geography due to regulatory and data issues. Anyway, they could just hire all the Uber drivers for a few years until they have enough data to solve autonomy if needed.
Some of these features would be difficult for Tesla to replicate as they are not nearly as embedded in peoples lives as Apple is.