Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So TL0.de is up around 4% so far today. Does this have any effect on, or relation to, TSLA?
I don’t see all that much of a correlation other than at a macro level and really don’t get how the two stocks’ behaviours are linked.
The first 2 hours of TL0 (when the NASDAQ has no activity) mostly follow the prior day TSLA closing. It offers no indication of what TSLA does later in the day.

When the USA market is open, TL0 matches TSLA.

Why hasn't there been more talk about Tesla installing more charging/supercharging stations and charging for their use, including by non-Tesla vehicles? There have been some allusions to this but it seems like a no brainer for Tesla to blanket the planet with their chargers, so as to take the mantle from Electrify America and Blink (whose stock has exploded recently).

Reactions: Criscmt and UncaNed
Wait, Next AOL ?
Tesla is mailing out millions and millions of CD's ?
I worked at Circuit City selling computers during AOL's peak. (OMG, that makes me sound very old) In addition to covering half of the planet with CDs they were literally paying people to use their service. If you came in and signed up for a 4 year subscription they would spot you $400 to use however you wanted in the store. Most used that towards a computer but some just bought whatever. The default rate on those subscriptions was probably crazy high.

So basically until Tesla starts giving people 20k in cash to sign up for a 4 year lease, they aren't the next AOL.

Now that sp 500 dust has settled, I still have a basic question.

That closing at 695...

Where did all those shares come from?

This morning’s price action combined with the escalation of ridiculous FUD over the weekend might make one wonder if the market is still trying to sort that out too, while using all the ‘Tools’ they have at their disposal like Anton in hopes of keeping a lid on the price until they do get it figured out ............... It seems a little more volitile than simply all the good little boys and girls pouring their Christmas stocking cash into their Robinhood TSLA accounts

Record Electric Vehicle Sales in China

Record Electric Vehicle Sales in China
While the overall Chinese auto market is slowly picking up (+12% year over year in November), plugin vehicles are already on the fast lane, growing by 138% year over year (YoY) to a record 198,000 units.

This time, plugin hybrids (PHEVs) grew faster than full electrics (BEVs) — +164% versus +134%. Despite this uptick from plugin hybrids, however, BEVs still own 80% of the plugin vehicle (PEV) market.

Model 3 is number 2 on the list.

#2? Must be a demand problem....:)

Did we ever uncover what Berkshire Hathaway was 'hiding' in their portfolio that wasnt reported? I think I assumed it was TSLA before the inclusion but I never saw it further discussed here. My uneducated (and probably wrong) guess is that they were buying up tons of TSLA stock as soon as it was announced in a small trickle over the 30+ days and then dumped it to make them available that Friday at 3:40pm to help keep from an infinite squeeze from happening. They actually smoothed out the spike that would have happened and therefor also the following dip from people selling off the following Monday.

Also, why isn't the Tesla in India in 2021 a big deal? Seems like huge news to me: "The electric-car maker will start with sales and then might look at assembly and manufacturing based on the response, the minister told here the newspaper."

I saw 2 Ford EV commercials when watching football this weekend. One was a generic one saying they weren't going to be left in the dust and they embrace change (ha ha ha) and the other was a spoof of Christmas Vacation scene where Clark is trying to light up the house but then they see a Mach-E and they all go over and gather towards it. Seems like a great metaphor for everyone leaving Clark Griswold's failed attempt at electric ability (ICE OEMs) and goes over to the new hot electric car (Tesla)

Last edited:
What a garbage article on Market Watch this morning:

Is Tesla the next AOL? That’s what this strategist is warning

Laughable! You can instantly tell how completely incompetent these so called strategists are the minute they are starting to compare Tesla to a (failed) company of the past.

Also, of course the article closing by stating their wishful thinking:

Tesla shares were drifting lower ahead of Monday’s opening bell, while futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average YM00, 0.55%, tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite NQ00, 0.92% and S&P 500 ES00, 0.75% were all pointing to a positive start to the week.

Yeah....this dumbs**t probably watched some Gordo videos and thought to himself "hmm...Gordo actually makes sense in comparing AOL and tulips, Tilray and Sun Edison to Tesla....I will roll with that". You can find clowns on every corner these days.

Yes, I track this every day.
I found that reply both informative and amazing. Not only do you track and record the max pain number every day, but you also actually look at them (as indicated by the different timestamps of the day). With the daily published summaries (morning and night), which I deeply appreciate, your trading is based on perhaps 10,000X to 1e5X more data points than my trading.

Do you have a logger that automatically track every market number that comes to your PC?

Reactions: Criscmt and traxila
Also, why isn't the Tesla in India in 2021 a big deal? Seems like huge news to me: "The electric-car maker will start with sales and then might look at assembly and manufacturing based on the response, the minister told here the newspaper."
Even with local assembly Model 3 is too late to be a major factor in India. For major success the product needs to be smaller than anything currently popular in North America.
For urban markets in almost every country other than North America, Australia/NZ and Scandinavia the largest sales are much smaller. Almost certainly the Designed in China vehicle will be a 'world car' that will end out in production/assembly in many large markets. Think China, India, Indonesia, Brazil, the rest of Mercosur, the EU, Japan, Taiwan...
That next generation will be the Designed in China Designed in Germany vehicles that will go where Tesla has never been before. Probably those will not be sold in NA, possibly the German ones might be. What will happen is that new GF's and Tilburg-style plants will be quite widely spread in order to meet local content/assembly rules.

To begin with some MIC Model 3's will certainly go to India but, frankly, Tesla Energy and charging infrastructure innovations will probably be the giant innovations from Tesla. Think power plant capability, grid services and similar things.

India is indeed huge. Just don't forget that the central government cannot overcome States and bureaucracy seems to have been invented there. There are reasons why many of the most successful Indian business people, scientists, Medical Doctors etc have made their marks outside India.

Tesla is making a strategic position because of the determination to "Go Green";
https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/gk-current-affairs/story/green-initiative-268079-
2015-10-14
Making a policy goal is not the same as achieving the goal, perhaps more so in India than in many other countries.
Anybody who's spent a few years in The Gulf knows how much talent there is in India. Pepsi, Microsoft, Citigroup, and a huge proportion of US Medical Doctors are all the diaspora. Many of them would not have left India were they able do succeed similarly there. Tesla has some of them too. Perhaps the Vice President elect of the US might explain her mother's trajectory.
Eventually Tesla will make success in India. For now it is aspirational.

Some of my Indian colleagues have even invested much of their wealth in improving Indian higher education. Great! The supply of highly educated well prepared Indian diaspora is constantly increasing.

I found that reply both informative and amazing. Not only do you track and record the max pain number every day, but you also actually look at them (as indicated by the different timestamps of the day). With the daily published summaries (morning and night), which I deeply appreciate, your trading is based on perhaps 10,000X to 1e5X more data points than my trading.

Do you have a logger that automatically track every market number that comes to your PC?

It's basically chron jobs, but not worth automating any further IMO. Not enough need. The data tracked evolves over time, ie: on Dec 18 I added the daily S&P 500 weight for TSLA.