Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The real achievement here is that they could make this run when it was definitely not possible 2 months ago. Brandon notice a huge amount of improvements but I believe he is dealing with mismatch gps data. I would say over 50% of his intervention were due to gps errors.
I’m currently using Chuck Cook’s videos as my gauge for readiness as he has a few blind turn scenarios, and lots of pulling out into fast moving traffic” scenarios. Once those are looking good, I’ll feel better.

https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1344848278026907649?s=19

Sweet. I beat Chamath in 2020 in % return. Always looked up to him.

Everyone that was more than 70% in TSLA in 2020 beat Chamath. Chamath is playing the long game and will truly do the Social Change he’s working on. The next decades will make the last decades seem... average.

The Roaring 20’s have started, majority doesn’t know it yet. Like always.

Amazing times to be alive. Grateful to be here, experiencing this.

Humanity will prevail!

Everyone that was more than 70% in TSLA in 2020 beat Chamath. Chamath is playing the long game and will truly do the Social Change he’s working on. The next decades will make the last decades seem... average.

The Roaring 20’s have started, majority doesn’t know it yet. Like always.

Amazing times to be alive. Grateful to be here, experiencing this.

Humanity will prevail!

I am only 30% in tesla.

Yes, you know you want it.
But, it’s a lot of money.
0-60 in under 2 seconds and 520+ of range - oh yeah
But, if you invest the price of the car in TSLA you will be rich.
I already am rich.
But, you already have a Tesla.
So what? It’s freakin Plaid and I’m doing it! - NEED MORE TESLA!
I think you're tripolar...

...why does this forum seem to have so many brain disorders/diagnosis references for what is a climate change / tesla investment oriented forum? Is there that much hype for Neuralink that it's sub-text for the posts? or am I missing something?
Sorry, should have put an /s after my comment. I sincerely apologise for offending you.

/s

...Ameritrade has high margin rates with a base lending rate of 8.35% in my account. I called this week, said that Interactive Brokers has a rate of 1.59% and Robinhood has a rate of 2.5%, and asked if my rate could be lowered. I didn’t suggest that I would leave for another brokerage, just asked nicely for a lower rate. My rate has been updated to 2.5%.

Thanks for this info. What is Ameritrade's margin equity requirement for TSLA? At IB, it was 70% when I checked months ago.

There is some truth to that, I think (people becoming lazier as their net worth increases) but I think a bigger contributor is probably the many people who have sold off some or all of their TSLA at prices much below $3500 (split adjusted). As I recall, in December 2019 some people thought $400+ was an incredible price and that it would not be maintained. That's when I posted this during a small price correction:

But some people didn't think Tesla was that special and they sold out right around New Years 2020 before it zoomed up to breath-taking new highs.

Then COVID happened. I had numerous posts imploring people to use their heads, that pandemic or not, people would still work, play, eat and have babies. A pandemic was not a reason to sell because the effect would be very temporary. But plenty did sell before it zoomed back, eventually reaching over $2000 before it split. And then more people sold.

Then S&P 500 inclusion happened taking it over $3000 (and eventually to it's current $3500+ split adjusted price). More people sold. I imagine even those who might have sold a large chunk, but not all of their position, at much lower prices might have a sickening feeling every time they think of TSLA and how much money they left on the table. And that's probably not conducive in terms of wanting to discuss TSLA day and night as the did previously when they still had their full TSLA position.

I think we have lost more participants due to early selling of positions (with the plan to buy in at lower prices) than we have gained with new members wanting to discuss the company. Many of the new TSLA shareholders are large funds who generally don't participate in forums such as this.

sad but true
as i’ve stated even i sold some DITM calls in q1 to lock in some gains after enduring the pain of the past. luckily i had the stones to keep buying on the covid and other opportunistic dips, and add some calls and shares. in my particular case i didn’t have ‘enough’ shares to simply hold for my liking. so i had to add by doing a bit of trading and exercising calls. i worked for that. like really worked. like a poker player grinding it out.

we all live and learn. but i will select and highlight again, that the stuff you talked about with your past qualcomm experience (i hope i’m remembering that right) was helpful to put things in perspective.
it’s very easy to get lost in the minutiae. or rather, it’s hard to zoom out and take a 30k ft view of what’s happening sometimes. even if it’s right in front of your face. this ‘awakening’ we have and continue to experience has long been many of our expectations as well, although i specifically never ‘lived’ that experience holding another security. so i think it was very important to hear about your POV with your past holdings through those times. obviously contributions from many others here who predate us, including my personal friends who visit time to time are important.

all in all, as ‘non-professionals’ some of these anecdotes and stories we all share can be important reminders for players of all levels of experience, wealth, and tolerance.

patience, stamina, and maybe most importantly, putting the time in to know the facts versus the bs, will serve one well.

as usual, don’t panic.