Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did actually explain why, but maybe this from the comment section of the article linked makes it a bit clearer:

“Seems the ‘let the fires burn’ philosophy is starting to catch up with them. I wager more delays, deferrals and then parts shortages, appointment re-schedules... the forums are already blowing up with service centre issues.”

Clearer yet?

All automakers make mistakes, all automakers have recalls. You can't manufacture hundreds of thousands of cars and not have a few errors along the way, statistically its going to happen.

As far as recalls go this is a relatively minor one. Tesla is going to weather this just peachy in my opinion, I'm not worried in the slightest.

Clear? :cool:

All automakers make mistakes, all automakers have recalls. You can't manufacture hundreds of thousands of cars and not have a few errors along the way, statistically its going to happen.

As far as recalls go this is a relatively minor one. Tesla is going to weather this just peachy in my opinion, I'm not worried in the slightest.

Clear? :cool:
Seems odd to even call it "weathering", it's so minor. It's typically weathering a storm, not weathering a stiff breeze.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but a bunch of affected S and X vehicles have already had this fixed. My car is one of them (although in the UK, so not sure the recall affects me or not?). About a month ago I paid to have a totally new screen and MCU installed. REALLY glad I did, as the car feels brand new. I knew Tesla would be forced to upgrade that chip eventually, but that wouldn't give me the vastly faster performance and responsiveness, or the extra stuff, like more games, karaoke etc.
So count me as 1 of those recalls that won't have to happen. I'm sure there are others. The model S, especially back then, was being bought by people who could afford the upgrade, like me. A bunch of us didn't think twice about doing it.

Same here...bought the upgrade to the MCU2 so I have one more Model S that is not affected by this recall.

Actually it's the converse - many of us are Teslanaires despite record levels of shorting, and when they have to cover those positions, some more people around here will be joining the club.
Yes, this forum has taught me that it's the short covering that, in part, drives the share price up and has assisted the SP rise over the past year.

But I continue to be shocked shortzes continue to do this at this level. One would think they'd go after lower hanging fruit, or at least think, "Hmm, maybe there's something I don't know about Tesla the company and maybe I shouldn't short it. Doesn't seem to be working out for me."

A bigger question is, where do they continue to get all this money?? At some point one would think the money has to run out.

So I feel bad about selling my X to my relative where the chip will most likely fail within a year. I guess I could just give my brother in-law 1 share to pay for the repair.

Or, just do what I decided to do with my 2015 Model S 70D: cough up the $2500 for the MCU2.5 upgrade. My center screen died one week after the recall was announced, and honestly I don't really want to go back to that slooooowwww MCU1 after using the screen in my wife's Model 3. Also, my binnacle was starting to separate around the edges. So, the MCU2.5 upgrade also comes with a new binnacle, Netflix and Youtube, and much faster processor. Normally I'd be rather irritated at paying out $2500 for this, but with my recent stock gains I have no misgivings.

At 4:19 several Model S cars are loaded onto a truck.
At 11:10 there is a red Model S with weird tape on it.
At 13:45 a blue/black Model S with the tape

You missed the secret new Cybertruck design being loaded up...

Captur343e.PNG

Here is Chris Harvey, Head of Equity Strategy at Wells Fargo Securities, reasoning by analogy that Tesla is going the way of AOL. Must be one condescending damn fool to think many retail investors will swallow that one. Short much Wells are ya? o_O

CNBC: Tesla will become the new AOL, Wells Fargo's Chris Harvey warns

Guess he couldn’t find someone more junior to embarrass themselves publicly. Maybe his job is on the line for other equally good ‘predictions.’

At least it’s a break from oh-my-but-the-panel-gaps and GM-is-going-to-open-a-can-of-EV-wupass-any-minute-now. :confused:

Elon: if you want to innovate, don't think in analogies.

Every Tesla stock analyst: thinks in analogies.

Wu Wa: 【Jan 14】"A batch of MIC MODEL3 with protective film appeared in the Shanghai factory. Obviously, these M3 will be exported to overseas markets and they are right-hand drive vehicles."

IoukD9VxAzPBunaglQvw8spCRbPprnhkl_7njjddLX9KaoYQIb58-tA5w6Ktt8k2HpS571_w6Et2=s640-nd

So, perhaps MiC LFP Models 3 headed to Oz? Or Japan? Maybe even the UK? Anybody hear anything from their local showroom?

Cheers!
Still can't order model Y off the UK site. There's just a button to Stay Updated. I find it strange that they are not taking orders, does anyone have a rationale?