Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So everyday they are closed down completely is I'm guessing a days production of say 1500 cars in this building that is lost when opening a day later than if they are not losing that day.

1500 x $50k = $75 million lost revenue. For being closed one day.

Snow is expensive.

Is this for real? Seriously they've stopped construction because they have a little bit of snow?
Come on Tesla.

We have one meter of snow here and nothing has stopped because of it. Construction yards work as planned with snow and at -20C.

From what little I can tell, he is looking for a transactional cryptocurrency for Tesla. Apparently, he views Bitcoin as an acceptable reserve cryptocurrency for Tesla.

There are transactional cryptocurrencies out there that have no mining, basically zero transaction fees, basically zero energy usage, instantaneous transactions and are scalable. I will not name them, this is not the proper place.

My point is that if Elon really wants a transactional currency he should pick one of the viable alternatives to bitcoin for this. Why try to massage dogecoin into what he wants from a crypto?

With Elon, 'just for laughs' might be the answer.

Apparently the Kremlin is seriously considering Elon's Clubhouse offer.

The Kremlin Considers Elon Musk’s Clubhouse Chat Invite to Russian President Vladimir Putin 'a very interesting proposal'

EDIT: This seriously blows my mind. Cannot imagine it actually happens.

I suggested Tesla put a factory in Russia a year ago. (I haven't looked, but I'm sure I got 20 disagrees.)

I've been investing in Russia for seven years now. (I'm a 'merican.) The country is nothing like what you think it is. Check out the "ease of doing business survey" for info on all of the corporate governance improvements they've made.

Elon may have the choice of using Russian nickel supplies or not making (as many) cars. I think it's better to make the cars. This is a huge opportunity to penetrate a major block of the world with all of our different products. You just have to decide for yourself whether the mission is more important than the politics.

Is this for real? Seriously they've stopped construction because they have a little bit of snow?
Come on Tesla.

We have one meter of snow here and nothing has stopped because of it. Construction yards work as planned with snow and at -20C.

Has nothing to do with Tesla. It has everything to do with Texas not prepared for snow, especially Austin. Most of the state has no power right now and they don’t have salt to prepare for snow days

Come on Tesla.

If Texas had Finland's cold weather infrastructure they would be, I suppose.

Likewise, if Finland had a Texas Summer there might be problems working there too. ;)

This really got me thinking. That there's absolutely no gasses ever emanating from any Tesla battery pack through all the charge and discharge cycles is under appreciated and totally and utterly AMAZING!

By comparison, I've experienced 2 old auto batteries blow up from leaking hydrogen.
Just one here but it was 24v so +/- the same.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Has nothing to do with Tesla. It has everything to do with Texas not prepared for snow, especially Austin. Most of the state has no power right now and they don’t have salt to prepare for snow days
Yeah, having spent time in Austin I'm not surprised they had to close down for this. I remember a hailstorm in Austin in March around 20 years ago. That was not pleasant either. There's a lot of hills even within the central city. When they get slippery you have a hard time even walking.

On a sidenote. Even though I live in Scandinavia. Austin yesterday had about the same amount of snow as my city has had over the last 10 years. Together. I don't think we've seen a foot of snow since the 80s.

I know this is an outlier for Texas but what Americans don't get is that there is a lot more people experiencing heavy snow in the US than in Europe (outside the mountains). Just in the Boston/New York area I think this is at least the third winter in a decade with several feet of snow. That's tens and tens of millions of people seeing that quite often. I don't think there is more than a couple of million Scandinavians living where you get that much. Most everyone else rarely see even a foot most winters. Many much less or none.

Well at the Tesla site in Austin it'll be well over 40 celcius for several weeks in the summer. Trust me, you have nothing that comes close in Finland.
Imagine thinking you know the climate of the United States when you aren't an American. Owing to it's large size and many climatic zones, the US has places which are as cold as Russia and as hot as South America or the Sahara Desert.

Luxury car brand Jaguar to go all-electric by 2025

“Its roadmap to a future that is built around sustainability, with electrified and hydrogen models as well as investment in connected and digital technologies, aligns with government ambition and increasing consumer expectations,” said the SMMT's chief executive, Mike Hawes.
However, he said the U.K. will need to improve its competitiveness in light of the “fierce” global competition going on in the shift to electric cars, not least from the likes of Tesla."

Maybe Tesla really should begin, to start preparing, to be ready to address, all of the strong competition, which is sure to be coming from Apple, as well as the established automakers, in, maybe, another ten years or so.

Or, at the very least, be ready to send complementary bottles of Teslaquila to members of the upper management of those OEMs that go bankwupt between now and then.

From what little I can tell, he is looking for a transactional cryptocurrency for Tesla. Apparently, he views Bitcoin as an acceptable reserve cryptocurrency for Tesla.

One suggestion, create his own Tesla coin....

1 Tesla Coin = 1 one Tesla Share
1 Tesla Coin = 100 Million memes (memes is just an arbitrary name for the smallest unit of the currency)

The shares can be obtained by a share buyback, and placed in some sort of audited ESCROW arrangement where coin owners can redeem the coins for shares at any point in time.

But it is easier to find an off-the-shelf solution, where Tesla doesn't need to do any of the work.

Last edited: